Sign in to follow this  
CMP

Heroica RPG - Quest #89: Reclaiming Glory

10950416246_4a9a6afa30.jpg

The air was permeated with the distant clash of steel and roars of battle on that long-remembered night in the High Kingdoms. All in Castle Fortaan knew of the storm that would rush to their doorstep. And none were more prepared for the inevitable fight than the King, though silent he stood, poring over the war-torn forest.

11059565323_78f4c49e48_z.jpg

"Years I've suspected this day might come. Countless battles fought without hesitation, with neither fear nor mercy...few in my position would bother with the fact that they will die. No. They rule as they will. Change policy on a whim to elevate themselves. Linger with their corrupt followers in some lavish hall. Then they die. The cycle continues with the next in line. Nobody spares a thought."

The King paused, looking down into the courtyard where even now his soldiers prepared themselves. Word of the attack never arrived. Only the bodies of his patrols spoke of what was to come.

"But I have worked too hard for that. I have come far. Beyond what anyone could imagine possible. My enemies quake at my very presence, the mere thought of my kingdom touching theirs a nightmare to fester in the minds of their people. This kingdom, this legacy...I will die. But only while ensuring my people will survive - no...thrive, beyond my passing. None alive now can claim to have observed the rise of an empire so quickly, so....effectively. Ennon is ours, as should always have been."

He lifted his eyes again, to the forest. The sounds had subsided. For now.

"Inherited thrones and hereditary crowns are not those sung in song. Nobody is fit or right to rule. They rule, or they do not. History will determine the rest. Sometimes power must be seized. It must be taken, and used. If the cause is one the people find just, they will see it through to the bitter end."

The King hefted his greatsword, the light of the moon playing off the blade.

"And my cause is the truest of them all."

"It is one thousands of years in the coming. Centuries of hardship. War. Torment. The hurts inflicted upon my people are not those healed or forgiven. Too many have died for that. Too much has been taken or destroyed. No. Our former glory is long dead."

But it will be avenged. Renewed fully and reborn in the blood of those who saw us enslaved, saw us subjected to suffering that has spanned generations of our kind. Countless years we have been bound in these shackles, confined to a seemingly eternal existence of servitude and pain. Yet by the impossible drive of my kin, and the will of Tarok, we have broken them. We have slaughtered our masters and decimated every kingdom in our path. We have done what was thought impossible, what these oppressors feared for as long as they have held us prisoner. We have made our race whole once again."

There was a sudden, enormously loud crunch of splintering wood and a roar of hurried footsteps in the castle behind the King. His soldiers down below, preparing for a frontal assault that would never come. He was unguarded, undefended. Yet he did not stand alone. Tarokai turned, walking to the door.

11059404245_80737fbc66_z.jpg

11059521654_82b7bde62e_t.jpg

"And no human will ever change that."

----------

The activity of Eubric was already in full swing by the time any of the heroes made their way to the docks. The scent of fish had luckily not reached the alley behind the harbormaster's office. An orc dressed equally for travel and combat leaned against the wall there, pushing a lock of thick black hair out of his eye on occasion to check the sun. Soon, however, his promised heroes began to arrive.

11146968794_d0c6cf28e8_z.jpg

11059402815_f8acbd14af_t.jpg

"There you are. Olmstyr, of Clan Musalnav. And you are?"

Party

11051416785_199d687d1a_t.jpg

Guts Holla (Scubacarrot) *Immune to Weakened, Fragile, Asleep, Confused and Blinded* *Immune to all elements* *Party Leader*

44 year old male human Raider

Level 28.33

Power Bonus: +4

Health: 42/42

Defense: 4

Gold: 10

Equipment: Lifestealer (WP: 32, Ice, Darkness, Light, attacks restore 3 health, dagger), Dancing Shoes (Wearer dances well, in the turn after a miss is rolled, the wearer can act twice. +Immunity to Asleep, Confused, Fragile, Weakened and Blinded, + Immunity to Darkness, Light, Fire, Air, Earth, Wood, Lightningand Ice Elemental Damage, footwear), Pugilist's Gloves (2+ Power, Immune to Weakened, handwear), Crocodile Armour (+4 Defense +Immunity to Water Magic, bodywear)

Inventory: Stag Antlers (WP:10, Intimidation, halberd), Twin Sai (WP: 10, dual strike, dagger), 2x Ambrosia 8x Mead, 7x Smelling Salts, 8x Nostrum, 22x Grand Potion, 4x Health Core, 2x Elixir, 1x Grand Tonic, 1x Ether Core, 14x Remedy, 3x Phoenix Essence, 5x Smoke Bomb, 4x Deadly Venom, 2x Neutralizer, Shovel, Telescope, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Bedroll, 4x Mythril Shard, Metasimian Ale, 5x Grating Stone, Voucher to the Guild of Invision (Good for one lesson in Alchemy), Chauncey's Diamond Lamp of Summoning (Summons ???), Clippard's Poison (When applied to a weapon, all damage dealt will instantly KO enemies unless they are immune to poison, deadly poison, or sudden death. Can be applied 3 more times), Crimson Serum (Grants Mutated Effect for one battle.) Copy of the Eubric Herald (Grants transcended and inspired effects for one battle), 3x Pumpkin Bomb

7928526094_0c2174ef6b_t.jpg9394458519_4bc0f05f51_o.png

Thormanil Nihai, Dragonslayer (Played by swils) and Arx the Hatchling *Immune to Darkness, Wood, Asleep, Confused, Fragile, Weakened, Blinded, Bound, and Slowed*

Level 30.5 Dragoon

Power Bonus: +1

Defense: 8

Health: 53/53

Gold: 1283

Equipment: Dragonsbane Lance (WP: 20, triple damage to enemies with 'Dragon' in their name, lance), Wooden Shield (SP:5, Null Wood), Bright Armor (SP: 3, Null Darkness), Winged Sandals (Wearer is immune to bound, slowed, asleep, confused, fragile, weakened, and blinded effects)., Medal of Glory (Wearer gains triple experience, accessory)

Inventory:

Weapons & Shields: Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, Spear, causes bleeding effect), Wyvern's Tailblade (WP: 12, Greatsword, suitable for Barbarians & Knights), Thundering Totem (WP:9, lightning, axe), Tongue on a Stick (WP:1, Miss -> "Aim"), Frozen Saber (WP: 9, longsword, Stuns enemies)

Artefacts: Trickster's Mask of the Gender Swap (Accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Weredog (Accessory), Trickster's Mask of the Elf(Accessory), Fighter’s Boots(Footwear, +10 damage to melee attacks. Suitable for QMs only), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up)), Aqua Gear (Wearer deals and is immune to water elemental damage)

Consumables: Smelling Salts(1), Nostrum (1), Deadly Venom(2), Phoenix Essence(2), Remedy(5), Jinxy Juice(1) (Q35), Fire Bomb(2), Milk(1), Potion(2), Venom(3), Lightning Bomb, Grand Potion(2), Smoke Bomb(1), Ice Bomb(1), Bones(3), Water Bombs(5), Mead(1), Tiger Balm(1), Neutralizer (1), Aquamarine, Emerald, Garnet, Opal, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Amethyst.

Misc.: Pickaxe, Shovel, Amethyst, Grating Stone, Teleportapple

copy_of_pict0550.jpg

Haldor Skovgaard (Played by Scorpiox) *Immune to Stunned, Fragile, and Blinded*

34 year old male human Nord Shaman

Level 29

Power Bonus: +4

Defense: 7

Health: 48/48

Ether: 38/38

Gold: 96

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP: 15, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP: 2, +4 Ether, Protects from Blindness), Scarlet Hood (+4 Power, Protects from Stunning), Heavy Armour (SP: 5, Protects from Fragility)

Weapons: Heavy Metal Rod (WP: 12, Water Elemental), Dualis Sceptres (WP: 13, darkness-elemental, Dual-Striking), Bear Claw Gloves (WP: 8, SP: 2)

Artefacts: Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Protects from Weakening), Gladiator's Helmet (SP: 3) (x2)

Consumables: Health Core (x2), Potion (x4), Remedy (x6), Venom, Tonic, Grand Tonic (x2), Ether Core, Smelling Salts, Mead, Phoenix Esscence, Grating Stone.

Inventory: Scutum Shield (SP: 9), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep

Newavatar_zps50698b50.jpg

Alexis Fenral (Masked Builder) *Immune to Fragile and Blinded* *Counterstriking*

20 year old female elven Harlot

Level 35.5

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 3

Health: 64/64

Gold: 697

GP: 9

Equipment: Cat-o'-Nine-Tails (WP: 20, damage divided between all enemies, Suitable For Rouges), Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from fragile), Ring of Sight (protects fromblinded), Counterstrike Gloves

Inventory: Steel fan (WP:20, ice-, lightning-, and darkness-elemental), Death's Whip (WP:11, on successful hits there is a 1/6 chance to cause double damage), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect, suitable to Rangers), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Staff of Ennon (WP: 5, light-elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4; staff), Medal of Glory (Artefact/Accessory - Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory) Aquamarine (Water), Diamond (Light), Sapphire (Wind), Topaz (lightning), Fifty Shades of Bley, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, 2 Remedies, 2 Somas, 8 Water Bombs, 2x Lightning Bomb, 2x Fire Bomb, 3 Dirt Bombs, Smoke Bomb, 4x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, Health Core, 3x Potion, 2x Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 4 Nostrums, 8 Meads, 2 Smelling Salts, 10 Remedies, 6 Grand Potions, Skeleton Decoy, 8x Bone, Deadly Venom, 2 Kraken Fangs (grants hastened- and reinforced-effects when consumed), Silver Ore (worth 60 gold), Demon Repellant (Makes the user impervious to direct attacks from demons during one battle. Consumable), Winged Sandals (artifact; footwear; protects from bound and slowed effects), 2xTitan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 3x Level Up Mushroom

black_knight.jpg

Alexandre le Chevalier (Played by Capt.JohnPaul) *Immune to Stunned*

20 year old elf male Black Knight

Level 23.33

Defense: 14

Health: 41/41

Gold: 28

Equipment: Sword of the Elven Blademaster (WP: 10 ;ignores SP, +1 gold per successful strike), Cross Heater Shield (SP: 10), Dapper Hat (Headwear, wearer has a 1/6 chance of becoming encouraged at the start of each battle), Black Knight Armor (SP:4, protects from Stunned effect.)

Inventory: Potions (5), Bedroll, Smoke Bomb 2x, Fire Bomb, Feather Duster of DOOM (WP: 1), Eyepatch (Headwear: 1/2 chance to prevent blinded-effect. Costs 20 gold. A hero cannot equip more than 1 eyepatch) Deadly Venom x2, Tome of The Regret, Volatile Venom x6, Mead 4x, Nostrum 3x, Smelling Salts x1, Grand Potion 3x, Emerald (Wood), Mulled Wine, 1 fine Montresorian Wine,Ambrosia, Remedy

8665348867_7a3fe1b756_t.jpg

Dyric Rone (Played by The Legonator) *Immune to all elements* *Lucky* *Steals 50% more gold*

Level 22.33 Assassin

Defense: 3

Health: 34/34

Gold: 1146

Equipment: Requiem (WP: 20; wood, light and darkness-elemental, ranged), Lucky Die, Tricorne (SP:3, Water, Wood, Earth, Ice, Fire, Wind, Lightning, Light, Darkness - elemental) Sticky Gloves (Increases amount of gold stolen by 50%; handwear)

Inventory: Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Aquamarine (Water), Diamond, 4 Potions, 5 Grand Potions, Elixir, 2 Remedies, 2 Meads, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, 3 Mythril Shards (3/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold), Bone, Winged Sandals, Smelling Salt Bedroll, Shovel, Banana (Restores full health to target), Diamond Lamp of Summoning (1/3 Uses Left), Tonic, Nordic Stomach Guard (SP: 3, Immunity to Ice and Water, Bodywear, Suitable for Barbarians, Regulators, and Beast Warriors), 1 Military Grade Light Bomb, 1 Military Grade Darkness Bomb

Welcome to the Quest. :sweet: Makes sure to check your stats. If you're going to do any Marketplace shopping or make any last minute deals in the Hall, please do so before posting here. You can chat with eachother or with Olmstyr as much as you like, we won't be kicking things off at least until the other two Quests get rolling as well, so take your time. :thumbup:

Edited by CallMePie

The raider is the first to arrive. Guts raises his fist to do a traditional orcish greeting, then introduced himself: "Guts Holla. What kind of transportation have you secured?"

Stats seem all good, thanks for having me!

I've made a fair few purchases, so my stats are probably worth updating.

Haldor arrived not long after Guts, nodding respectfully to the orc as he greeted him.

"Haldor Skovgaard, of the Westfold norse clans. These orc clans you mentioned in your note, what can you tell us about them?"

He began absent-mindedly polishing his axe-blade as he waited for the others to arrive.

OOC: Stats all good, I'm not buying anything.

"Alexandre le Chevalier, defender of Luosh and Dastan..... Guts, Haldor, I'm glad to see you two on our side."

The raider is the first to arrive. Guts raises his fist to do a traditional orcish greeting, then introduced himself: "Guts Holla. What kind of transportation have you secured?"

"Good to meet you. We'll be boarding a ship soon. Fast, I'm told. I suppose we'll see once we set sail."

I've made a fair few purchases, so my stats are probably worth updating.

Haldor arrived not long after Guts, nodding respectfully to the orc as he greeted him.

"Haldor Skovgaard, of the Westfold norse clans. These orc clans you mentioned in your note, what can you tell us about them?"

Fixed. Don't forget to update your stats post when you make purchases/sales.

Olmstyr nodded to Haldor.

"Good to meet you as well, Haldor. The details will have to wait, I'm afraid. There's much to tell, and doubtless much will be forgotten before we even reach Baltarok. But the four clans I spoke of are those that have brought together our country since the end of the Orcish Invasion, either absorbing or...well, removing, the smaller, more troublesome groups. They are Clan Irlaz, Clan Aj-Kahr, Clan Musalnav, and of course Clan Tarokin."

He scratched his head.

"As I said, I hail from Clan Musalnav, and I do have a certain amount of power and pull within it, but...our clan leader, Karstaal, doesn't like to commit resources to plans he's not sure of. Bringing you out to Baltarok was more or less my own idea. Let's hope it pays off, eh?"

"Alexandre le Chevalier, defender of Luosh and Dastan....."

"Ah yes, I heard about those. Baltarok has been isolated from the world for well over two centuries, I don't even think anyone there knows Heroica even exists, yet whispers have reached our ears of the ripples your organization's made. Few could cause such a stir in an Empire like Dastan."

I, sir, am Dyric Rone, Assassin of the Light. Pleased to make your acquaintance. I actually grew up in the High Kingdoms, it'll be interesting to be in the area again.

I, sir, am Dyric Rone, Assassin of the Light. Pleased to make your acquaintance. I actually grew up in the High Kingdoms, it'll be interesting to be in the area again.

"Indeed? Well, if we make it into the High Kingdoms, I'm not sure the circumstances would be pleasant enough for a family visit..."

Olmstyr coughed.

"You might say our goal here is to keep the clans out of the High Kingdoms. I'm bringing heroes whose predecessors many would call harbingers of our doom into Baltarok to help us, so you might call me a hopeful person, but even I know better than to think a peaceful diplomatic resolution is anywhere near likely."

Edited by CallMePie

Well I doubt any family visit would be very pleasant anyways.

That's unfortunate, but not surprising. Besides, I wouldn't have become an assassin if I was afraid of getting my hands dirty, would I?

That's unfortunate, but not surprising. Besides, I wouldn't have become an assassin if I was afraid of getting my hands dirty, would I?

The orc chuckled.

"I suppose not."

Made a trip to the marketplace, statistics thread entry is updated.

"Haldor, what's the chance of seein' you here? Looks like we've got a solid team here.. Nice t'meet y'all. I'm Thormanil and this here's Arx!"

Arx ducks around behind the hood of Thormanil's cloak as he begins to greet the party, only poking his head out a little when he gets to Haldor, a face Arx had at least previously seen.

"Haldor, what's the chance of seein' you here? Looks like we've got a solid team here.. Nice t'meet y'all. I'm Thormanil and this here's Arx!"

Arx ducks around behind the hood of Thormanil's cloak as he begins to greet the party, only poking his head out a little when he gets to Haldor, a face Arx had at least previously seen.

Olmstyr nodded to the dragoon and his companion.

"It is good to meet you Thormanil - and your friend as well. He'll likely be the first of his kind to enter Baltarok in centuries. This just leaves the other elf, then."

I'll update your stats in a bit, swils. Once Quest 90 gets posted and Masked confirms, I'll kick things off. :thumbup:If Masked doesn't show within 10 hours or so, I'll find a replacement.

Alexis looks around and sees that she's met the other heroes before, she nods to each. She notices Thormanil's dragon. "He's quite cute Thormanil, does he have a name?"

OOC: I upgraded my whip to WP: 20. Sorry for being the last to confirm!

OOC: I upgraded my whip to WP: 20. Sorry for being the last to confirm!

Updated. It's fine, I just need to make sure I have a party that checks in to Heroica daily so that we won't be holding up the other Quests. :classic:

"You must be Alexis, then. That makes six. Good to see you all showed."

Olmstyr glanced up at the sky.

"We've still got a bit of time before the ship's ready. Suppose it couldn't hurt to give you the rundown of the situation."

"Over the last year or so, the Kingdom of the Red Lizard - in collaboration with the Four Boulders - have been working ceaselessly on the Augustus Bridge, named for the last human king of Ennon. It spans the Navaosh...or, well, the river that divides Baltarok and the High Kingdoms. Since the end of the Invasion, it's been crucial to them controlling our border. Goblonia is in a state worse than our own, they burned our only real shipyard - which leads to the viking-infested Helvetian Sea anyway - and it would take months to get anywhere they think we would attack otherwise. If not for that river...well, the situation could be much, much worse."

"Around five or six decades ago, a few of the Kingdoms sent soldiers across it to harass us, pillage fringe settlements, et cetera...they were repulsed, rather quickly. That's the last time we've had any significant contact with them....messages sent between the Kingdoms and Baltarok are very rare. They insist the bridge is for trade and improved foreign relations, but it's so out of the blue, and our relationship is already so fragile...few of the clans believe it. Some see it as an act of war on their part. Others see it as an opportunity. The problem I've hired you to solve is that, thus far...we can't come to a consensus on what to do about it."

Olmstyr scratched his chin, thinking.

"If we remain divided, and the bridge is completed...there's no telling what the clans might do. This is a very sensitive issue. The clan leaders feel very strongly about it. We're a proud race, heroes. We don't create strife, though some in Eubric may think otherwise. We simply do what is necessary to keep ourselves strong. But we're people of action. When we think something is wrong, we do something about it, for better or worse. For two and a half centuries, we've united Baltarok. Tarokai's incomplete conquest showed us that standing together, we could be more than squabbling tribes slaughtering eachother out of tradition. And since then, we've always striven to do so. I refuse to let my country crumble over this. I won't sit back and wait for the clans to ruin what's taken us centuries to understand. We need to stand as one if we're to get through this intact."

"There will be a Clanmeet once we reach Baltarok. The leaders will come together and discuss the issue. I won't lie, our chances of talking them down aren't worth figuring out. Like I said...people of action. But there, we can assess the situation. See what each of them want out of the bridge. Then, we gain the support of as many clans as we can. Maybe then we'll be able to come to a resolution."

So we're trying to gather together as many clans together into one unit as we can? I can't say I haven't done something like this before, but I hope this goes a lot better than that did.

I turn to Alexander and Thormanil.

I don't believe we've met?

The raider nodded to everyone that had just shown up. "I'm Guts Holla, I will be the party leader for this venture."

Turning to the orc again, Guts said: "So we're going to be there to make sure something - up to us to figure out what - gets done about this bridge. Got it. We 'Heroes' can be... persuasive. However, there is one thing that slightly concerns me. There are two other groups from Heroica going to Baltarok as well. For reasons that may be clashing with ours. Although I doubt they can match our group, they can be an unknown factor in whatever it is we wish to accomplish."

Edited by Scubacarrot

"I get what we have to do, seems simple enough, but no doubt difficult. Still, couldn't have hoped for a better group of folks to fight with if the situation comes to that."

"So we're going to be there to make sure something - up to us to figure out what - gets done about this bridge. Got it. We 'Heroes' can be... persuasive. However, there is one thing that slightly concerns me. There are two other groups from Heroica going to Baltarok as well. For reasons that may be clashing with ours. Although I doubt they can match our group, they can be an unknown factor in whatever it is we wish to accomplish."

"Indeed...though I'd like to get the clans on our side before we try and work out a resolution. Won't do us much good otherwise."

"So I've heard...understandable. No doubt it's a time of strife for both sides. Best we can hope for is that they don't get in the way. But we'll be operating on opposite sides of the bridge. I doubt we'll be running into them."

"Understood. And I agree we should avoid conflict with others. But Olmstyr, can you tell me why you are afraid of the bridge? Does your clan think it would be used for some sort of attack?"

"Dyric, eh? Well this here's Arx and, dangit, get out here. You practically dragged me to the quest board, no hiding from the new team." Arx pokes his head out from behind Thormanil's hood. Thormanil sighs. "It's a start."

"So, what can y'tell us about the various clan leaders? Anything to help us stay on their good sides?"

"But Olmstyr, can you tell me why you are afraid of the bridge? Does your clan think it would be used for some sort of attack?"

"It's a big thing. I'm afraid of what it means for Baltarok. If it spurs the clan into fracturing, that's bad. If it inspires a war between them and the Kingdoms? That's worse."

"So, what can y'tell us about the various clan leaders? Anything to help us stay on their good sides?"

"I can give you the rundown on the clans once we get on the ship. Far as their leaders and their motivations...that's why we're off to the Clanmeet."

"Good. I don't like fighting fellow heroes, even if we aren't on the best of terms."

Olmstyr nods to Alexis.

"Aye. It's the same in Baltarok. The clans don't always see eye-to-eye, but they've never once drawn a blade against eachother. Hopefully that won't change."

He looks up the sun, and tightens his bandolier.

"Time to go. This way, please."

The orc led the way out of the alley and out onto the docks. It's already alight with activity. Sailors move cargo around or stumble drunkenly about. They can see many ships tied to the piers, but the one Olmstyr leads them is a startling white; and there seems be a standoff of some kind going on in front of the gangplank. A rigid man flanked by a pair of guards is speaking in a surprisingly reserved voice to an irritated-looking woman.

"Oh, jeez..."

11059566043_a707db85b6_c.jpg

11059523354_cab5d2d758_t.jpg

"...thus the additional docking fee."

11059523974_b86fd72dfb_t.jpg

"Thus my refusal of your additional docking fee."

"Captain, we all have a responsibility to the safety of Eubric. Doubtless you've used it to hide from authority in other ports around Olegaia."

"Maybe if I saw any indication of what you call 'safety' being anything other than 'bureaucratic megalomania', I'd be more inclined to pay. Granted it wouldn't be anywhere near enough to actually get me to pay it, but it might help."

"Believe me Captain, if you knew the threats we were keeping at bay-"

"-I'd likely laugh in your face. Half your fleet's up north screwing around with vikings nowhere near Eubric."

"Who's to say they wouldn't attack at a moment's notice?"

"Common sense. They're scattered raiders, not an army."

"Our intelligence suggest otherwise."

"My intelligence suggests your intelligence isn't worth the megablocks you pulled it out of. Do you mind unsuccessfully fining somebody else, Melville.? I've got business to conduct."

"I'm afraid I can't leave until you pay the required the fee."

"Prepare to wait, then. Your so-called Honor Guards? Ask them what happened the last time they tried to set foot on my ship. Then ask me how fast she can get up to. Then figure out the average speed of the nearest pursuit ship and the wasted morons you have sailing it. I'll be halfway to Baltarok by the time you're done."

The captain crossed her arms. Melville stared for a moment, in thought, and waved to his guards, who lowered their weapons. He nodded to the party as the trio of Bonapartes passed them.

"Best of luck on your venture, citizens."

11059487176_1631a44434_t.jpg

"...Wait. I remember that ship! Remember, Morg?"

10827721773_f9fd3a12a7_t.jpg

"Yes, Henry...I remember."

They vanish into the crowd fairly quickly. The captain shakes her head.

"Sorry about that. Damn Bonies won't let us go five minutes without trying to pull some bull on us, but 'Commodore' Melvile's the worse. I'm Captain Illdria of the Magpie. I suppose you're some of the heroes I'm to be shipping off to Baltarok..."

As if on the queue, the heroes of Quest 88 arrived.

"....while these must be the other ones."

Olmstyr blinked twice, and shifted, frowning at Illdria.

"'Other ones'? You neglected to inform me of this."

"You neglected to ask."

Edited by CallMePie

Well, isn't this a reunion. Are we to expect the other team as well?

"Funny thing, spoke to a man also claiming to be shipping heroes just before my Bonaparte friend there interrupted...but the Magpie ain't a frigate. When we sail, we sail with speed. I don't take more than a dozen or so passengers at a time - especially not including yetis the size of ten men. They won't be coming."

Illdria rubbed her chin.

"Seventeen heroes, huh? You're an awful motley bunch, and armed to the teeth. If I didn't know any better I'd think this a scam. Luckily I've had experience with Heroicans. You all look like that," chuckled the captain.

Edited by CallMePie

Nerwen smiled broadly when she saw who she would be travelling with.

Master Lightkiller. How have you been?

Nodding at the Orc she said

Strength and honour to your clan, warrior. I am Nerwen, shaman.