Yooha

Advent Calendar - Xmas in a small town

Goody day to everyone!

Christmas is coming, so I decided to celebrate it with my new advent calendar. I used to design advent calendars for years, but this is the first case that I learned to use LDD and other rendering software well enough to make my designs look more or less realistic enough.

This calendar will be pretty similar that TLG usually designs. The part count is around as in real sets, and I tried to make the daily builds to fit into those little windows in normal advent calendar sets.

The theme will be “winter in the a small town”. People around December start preparing for Christmas; decorating their homes and attending winter markets. This calendar will be focused on that everyone’s heart is filled with Christmas spirit these day - or at least I hope. It won’t be filled fancy looking and expensive presents, no cops or bandits, just 100% joy and laughter.

I will insert the daily build in this thread into separate posts, so don’t forget to drop by!

Without any further ado, let’s see the first one:

Day 1

day_01_door.png

"Come right in, we've been waiting for you!"

Summary:

day_01_door_small.pngday_02_grandma_small.png day_03_chestnut_roast_small.png day_04_oven_small.png day_05_chestnut_seller_small.png day_06_milk_and_cookie_small.png

day_07_bird_feeder_small.png day_08_boy_in_pijamas_small.png day_09_window_small.png day_10_snow_worker_small.png day_11_mini_snowplow_small.png day_12_fireplace_small.png

day_13_postman_small.png day_14_lamppost_small.png day_15_postbox_with_advent_wreath_small.png day_16_samovar_stand_small.png day_17_girl_in_pijamas__small.png day_18_corner_and_bush_small.png

day_19_tea_seller_small.png day_20_rocking_chair__small.png day_21_fence__small.png day_22_grandpa_small.png day_23_xmas_tree_small.png day_24_santa_disguise_small.png

Edited by Yooha

Nice idea 'Yooha'.....except if you open the door you knock the holly off their mounts. :wink:

I look forward to your next installment.......Brick On 'Yooha' ! :grin:

Nice idea 'Yooha'.....except if you open the door you knock the holly off their mounts. :wink:

The door opens inside. :laugh:

Ha, I was thinking of doing this too. You've already started, so I won't!

Can't wait to see what you have in store. :grin:

-Sci

You've already started, so I won't!

-Sci

Hey, why not? The more, the better. Let's see!

Day 3

day_03_chestnut_roast.png

A handful of hot chestnuts warm the folks in wintertime.

Day 4

day_04_oven.png

"Granny, you have such an old oven!"

"But you like what comes out of it, don't you?"

Day 5

day_05_chestnut_seller.png

day_05_chestnut_seller_with_cart.png

"Here is the chestnut, come right up!"

Edited by Yooha

Day 6

day_06_milk_and_cookie.png

This table is waiting for someone (who comes yesterday's eve/today morning in Hungary)

Thanks for sharing Yahoo! they look great!

My favourite so far is the chestnut cart.