digibeet

What's in the bag? Lego x-rayed

Always wanted to know what is in the collectable minifigure bags?

IMG_7131a_Formaat%20wijzigen.jpg

You can try to feel it..But there are other ways to look inside without opening it..For example, an X-rayscanner.

IMAG0550_Formaat%20wijzigen.jpg

IMG_7128_Formaat%20wijzigen.jpg

IMG_7129_Formaat%20wijzigen.jpg

These are clearly the sky-diver and the white clown from series10.

IMAG0552_Formaat%20wijzigen.jpg

Unfortunately no mister gold...

It would emit x-rays right? So I don't think it could be in an app.

But you would need to take a lot home to use it like Tolkien said.

It would be quicker than feeling, but feeling is quite easy for me. I just need time is all. Plus I wouldn't be x-raying anything else, so not sure if it is worth the expense.

Neat to see though. Thanks.

You know, returning about half the minfigures you bought would be pretty suspicious, but feeling a whole bunch of CMF's and staying in the store for an hour might be even more so... :grin:

1. get x-ray

2. buy lots of minifigs

3. scan them at home

4. return unwanted ones

TADA! :grin:

I need this! I guess it's probably illegal to use in shops though. :tongue:

Why bothering? Feeling is the answer. It takes 5 10 seconds per bag, less than scanning.

Well to be honest, I'm not that good at feeling CMF bags, so I think being able to know exactly what's in the bag is nice.

There are less health risks with feeling the bags than X-rays. Has anyone trying using millimeter wave scanners on the CMF packages?

I'm actually quite good at feeling CMF bags. They'll usually end up being what I thought they were. :wink:

But I had thought about what the would look like X-Rayed, so thanks for the images. :classic:

Would be nice if there was an app for your phone to do that.

You wouldn't want to keep your phone in your pocket... :look:

Steve

You wouldn't want to keep your phone in your pocket... :look:

Steve

Or hide the screen first so other people won't accidentally see what you have in your pants. otherwise someone may notice you're hiding a key to a Ferrari and try to sweet talk her way into your wallet.

THere must be weight differences between the figures, sure someone needs to weight them all first and publish the weights, but scales easier to transport than an x-Ray machine ;-)

Nice to see how those X-ray images actually look like... But I think that last minifig may have some bone problems

THere must be weight differences between the figures, sure someone needs to weight them all first and publish the weights, but scales easier to transport than an x-Ray machine ;-)

Yep, there is a certain weight difference between minifigures, but in most cases that difference is small. You'd need an accurate scale. To make things worse, not all the bags have exactly the same sizes. That complicates things a lot. In fact, all of this has been discussed before in this topic: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=71810

But I do believe using a scale can narrow down the bags you have to feel, or to X-ray.

That's awesome. Now make that in a hand held scanner form and we're set. XD

You know what's better than paying over $100000 for a portable xray machine? Spending that money on just buying the minifigures blindly! Because once you spend the money on the machine itself, then you have to buy the film and pay for developing costs! That's going to cost more than the figures.

I'm guessing OP is an x-ray tech and used these in his calibration tests at work.

then you have to buy the film and pay for developing costs!

In these here modern times it's all digital, you know… ;) (I know from experience, had quite a few of them this year)

In these here modern times it's all digital, you know… ;) (I know from experience, had quite a few of them this year)

Not the **portable** version I mentioned. If you want a digital one, they are even more expensive.