This is really superb! I especially love the spacious lobby, its floor and walls and the use of transparent plates above the entrance. And it's so big!

Quite astounishing.

A lot of lovely details here. :)

Thank you

Stunning, I love the all tiled floor, and that you made it a 32x64 modular! Thats around the realistic size of a small town cinema. Amazing work!

Thanks! The floor was a challenge, although there is a lot of pressure on the surrounding bricks. Its actually slightly bigger at 80x40, it took forever to get the dimensions right!

I think on the outside it looks fantastic. But it's the interior that looks stunningly sumptuous Snaillad!

I love the lettering - it looks so right. Excellent job!

This is awesome! :wub:

My favourite details are the massive sign on the outside of the building and the grand lobby with its patterned floor and walls. The white-gloved attendants are a nice touch too.

Cheers! The lettering was one of the most important factors in designing the scale of the building.

I'd feel rude not to leave comment here as well - but as I said on Flickr, I think it's a magnificent building. The exterior is spot-on for the architectural style, that lettering is brilliant, and the interior is no less nice. The colour combinations and the details - like those recessed lamps in the bar - are all wonderful. I don't think there's anybody out there that does Art Deco better. Keep it up! :)

Thanks L@go, I was concerned it would seem to dark going with blue instead of traditional red but I wanted a different colour palette to the official modular cinema.

Wow, another amazing building from you! The details in and out are simply awesome, the grand foyer area is just astonishing with the tiled floor and those windows but I think the bar is my favourite part of this build :wub: , very well detailed and it seems there's some stories going on in there too :grin:

Fantastic yet again, happy building :laugh:

Thanks timmyc!, the windows were a big challenge, they are also not very stable! :blush:

Beautiful! I'd like to build a cinema in the next... weeks? months? and this is a big source of insipiration. Of course mine won't be as big as yours :laugh:

Anyway, maybe the best cinema ever!

Thanks, there is such a great variety in cinema designs I look forward to seeing what you make!

I :wub: how art deco this is.......my goodness I :wub: the floor, the cocktail bar and the outside......man, there's a lot of cheese pieces that went into this creation ! :grin:

AWESOME work 'snaillad'.....I think it's your finest work yet.....Brick On ! :grin:

Cheers lightningtiger! It's definitely my niche, hopefully I can still think of more Art-Deco ideas in the future. There certainly was a lot of cheese's, thank goodness for the PAB wall!

I was just about to leave for a walk when I saw the headline: Monde Cinema with the tag "art deco". After I got the 10184 Town Plan I have had a thing for art deco. And Monde delivers it! You have done it again, Snailad.

This building is really beautiful. I love the art deco details. You have really caught the spirit. The lobby is really impressive with the details. I can see the inspiration from both Egyptian and Mayan culture there. And the little happening in the bar :thumbup:

What's not to like about the Monde?

Thank you very much laka!

One of the best Modular Buildings I have ever seen!

Great details. I really like the road you've added :thumbup:

Thanks, that's very flattering!

Just absolute quality. So many nice elements to the build as a whole and to each room featured.

The projection room is great!

I'm assuming they're showing the Lego movie on the screen? :)

Thanks! I made a brick built film for the screen but it was so abysmal and I had to leave it out! :)

Such an awesome creation explains why I left the dark ages.

You'll have to make up for lost time with lots of MOC's! :)

Wow! Choices for scale, flooring, walls, colors, etc. are just outstanding. Congratulations!

I wish that I could think of an adjective that hasn't already been used to describe these magnificent buildings. You are a talented person with a great eye for what it takes to design Art Deco. Thanks for sharing your designs with us! Magnificent!!!!!!

As always I can only just admire all the great techniques displayed on you Mocs.

It barely seems to be built with Lego... I love the colors you used.

I really like you're interpretation of the Art Deco style. Those potted palms, the wall sconce, the pinstripes, and the amazing tile work on the floor are so beautiful. I think my favorite part has to be the large vertical design with the cheese slope windows. That's the real focal point of this place. Absolutely wonderful. :laugh:

You'll have to make up for lost time with lots of MOC's! :)

yes and I also have to convince my wife to significantly improve my Lego budget ;-)

Great work, yet again! Once you get this reputation, it may get hard to out-do yourself!

The scale alone is impressive. The details are even more impressive.

I've been wanting to do my own cinema as well. I don't mind the official release, but I was planning on modding it anyway, but I may go your route and just do something myself and not worry about modding it.

I really like the bar scene. That looks really neat. I like the theater viewing room. I am unsure on the height of the ceiling in the lobby, but maybe that is how tall they really are in some places?

The lettering is perfect though.

Keep up the great work! I will definitely check back to this for inspiration.

What else can we say apart from... AWESOME. AGAIN!!!!

Each of your MOCS is really great! Impressive by its size and level of details and realism! Thanks again for giving us a part of dream!!!!!

Wow! Choices for scale, flooring, walls, colors, etc. are just outstanding. Congratulations!

I wish that I could think of an adjective that hasn't already been used to describe these magnificent buildings. You are a talented person with a great eye for what it takes to design Art Deco. Thanks for sharing your designs with us! Magnificent!!!!!!

I really like you're interpretation of the Art Deco style. Those potted palms, the wall sconce, the pinstripes, and the amazing tile work on the floor are so beautiful. I think my favorite part has to be the large vertical design with the cheese slope windows. That's the real focal point of this place. Absolutely wonderful. :laugh:

As always I can only just admire all the great techniques displayed on you Mocs.

It barely seems to be built with Lego... I love the colors you used.

Thanks! A lot of the art deco effect such as the vertical cheeses and ziggurat columns I have had as ideas to use them before but never found the appropriate type of building to put them in. There is a lot of less stable techniques here but I felt I could get away with it as the roof is so lightweight and has nothing to support! I am particularly pleased the colour scheme has went down well, I had reservations about going with blue originally.

Wow great modular building!

Amazing details! :wub: :wub:

Wise choice put this beauty on the home page! :thumbup:

Thanks. It's always extremely flattering to be Front paged. My thanks to Rick for that!

yes and I also have to convince my wife to significantly improve my Lego budget ;-)

Haha! My budget for this model was quite small as I usually take these bigger sets a part as they take up so much room. It's the most boring experience ever but I then have all my bricks to choose from for another project.

Great work, yet again! Once you get this reputation, it may get hard to out-do yourself!

The scale alone is impressive. The details are even more impressive.

I've been wanting to do my own cinema as well. I don't mind the official release, but I was planning on modding it anyway, but I may go your route and just do something myself and not worry about modding it.

I really like the bar scene. That looks really neat. I like the theater viewing room. I am unsure on the height of the ceiling in the lobby, but maybe that is how tall they really are in some places?

The lettering is perfect though.

Keep up the great work! I will definitely check back to this for inspiration.

Thanks! The lettering came about really quickly and if anything determined the whole height of the building. It was difficult finding material of the original interiors of cinemas as a lot of them have sadly been destroyed or updated and original details stripped out. I was going to have a large sweeping curved staircase originally but had to scale back that ambition, I suppose it may have made the lobby look smaller! :laugh:

Looks absolutely fantastic!!! Well done!! What's the back-story with the bar?

To be honest it was just a bit of last minute fun. When I was going through my minifig heads the I felt compelled to use the angry female face! I didn't go as far as making a scene on the back seats of the cinema auditorium! :laugh:

What else can we say apart from... AWESOME. AGAIN!!!!

Each of your MOCS is really great! Impressive by its size and level of details and realism! Thanks again for giving us a part of dream!!!!!

Thank you very much! But what next..............

My only problem with this build is that it is open at the back.

I would have to double up the front of the building or add a back wall to create a whole Cinema. :)

Apart from that this is a wonderful MOC full of detail, design and interesting build techniques..

Haha! My budget for this model was quite small as I usually take these bigger sets a part as they take up so much room. It's the most boring experience ever but I then have all my bricks to choose from for another project.

So sad :cry_sad: It would have been wonderful to see a street with all your wonderful MOCs :wub:

The official LEGO Palace Cinema set is nothing compared to this one. Absolutely amazing. Just out of curiosity, how many bricks did you use roughly to build this set? I bet it cost more time planning the design than building it!

I have plans to design a small LEGO city with buildings such as the Palace Cinema or the Grand Emporium sets, or at least I want to achieve a quite impressive amount of city life details. This work of yours is an inspiration :D

Edited by Nick Jaremek

Simply amazing. Everything from the size and scale to the architectural stlye make my heartbeat slow down when I see this impressive building.