Hey all,

Well, after almost 6 months of work, here it is. Erebor, I am proud to say, is the largest creation I have had the pleasure of working on and completing. I love the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings (from which Erebor is taken) so I really enjoy working on LEGO projects that pertain to that area. I had a blast working on this project. There is something so inherently satisfying about seeing a project like this come to a close and enjoying the attention it receives that really makes all the hard work worth it.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you... Erebor!

Hope y'all like it! Please leave me a comment letting me know what you think.

Check out the Flickr set for more pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/baericks/sets/72157638097215594/

Have a great day,

-Blake

11075404994_940c3ec948_c.jpg11075635964_9620a683e0_c.jpg

Erebros by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

Erebor by Blake's Baericks, on Flickr

Edited by Blake Baer

Holy cow! This is just astounding! It looks like 6 months really pay off! One could spend hours looking at all the detail, this is superb!

I didn't really appreciate the scale of it until the image of the two of you standing next to it came up.

Absolutely fantastic work... it looks amazing!

I could do anything to see this fantastic work in person :look: I think Lord of the rings and Hobbit alone give birth to a lot of MOC ers out there to do something in epic scale like that like no other theme... :laugh:

Holy wow!! That's amazing and enormous!! There's so much detail going on there too, I really don't know what to choose as my favourite part, it's all sooooo good! :wub:

Congrats on the completion of the project and happy building :laugh:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you... Erebor!

And proud you can be to do that!

Simply breathtaking...

Just a question... in such monumental Mocs, do you start building step by step or it's designed by cad?

Absolutely stunning, I didn't even realise how big it way until the picture of you stood next to it. Its just bustling with activity, amazingly thought out and executed, brilliant job!

Just a question... in such monumental Mocs, do you start building step by step or it's designed by cad?

I have heard of some builders who do design their creations in CAD before they begin building, but Jack and I just liked to build from our heads. Its more fun and allows for creative room.

I wish I could think of something to say that meant more, but that is a truly magnificent piece of work. I cannot begin to imagine the countless hours of effort that was put into this beauty. Congrats to both of you!

Wow!

Amazing MOC with many great details. The water, the village, the mountain and the dwarf sculptures are all superb :classic:

Absolutely stunning! I like how colorfull everything in the front is compared to the greyness of the mountain. And don't forget the size of it. Awesome job! :thumbup:

Wow! I love the landscaping and the town, and it looks almost exactly like the film version as well!

Now we just need a gigantic lego smaug...I think one the size of you would be ok. :grin: