Sign in to follow this  
Emma

[L&DiK] C2: The Dragon

Great work, again! Not only is the dragon simply gorgeous, but the angles in the rockwork and the arch (door? portal?) are impressive.

Thanks guys! I'm glad the card version of the scene is well-liked :classic:

@mrcp6d -> the subtitle of this could have been "a small scale study in angled rockwork." I've really been inspired by a lot of the rock landscaping here in GOH, and so I wanted have a go at something a bit more complex than what I've done so far. Also the arch/portal thing was intended to allude to the idea that this is a scene from a card (it's the outline of the card, integrated into the build)

Snip

Also the arch/portal thing was intended to allude to the idea that this is a scene from a card (it's the outline of the card, integrated into the build)

I missed that first time, that's just sheer brilliance!

Ahh, this is so great, love the sinuous curves of the dragon's head and tail contrasting with the jagged rocks. :thumbup: The eyes are especially cool. Your presentation is amazing too.. that card version is stunning! :wub:

I'm planning to do a dragon/serpent card as well... damn i'll have to get my skates on now!

Menacing dragon, it really has a great feel for a vignette of its size.

Great work.

Thanks all for the kind comments :sweet:! And Gabe, I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Anyone else building something for the L&DiK mini-challenge? Ska came up with some really neat ideas for it...

excellent dragon, I like that you incorporated the card within the build, it looks great!