Hi there guys!

It's been a while since i built something, mainly due to grand theft auto V ahah...

Anyway, i got sponsored by an italian lego shop called Mangiobricks so i decided to build something with their logo like it was a racing team :D

I got inspired by Egor and his sunset truck so i decided to build my own version of a trophy truck!

It has 95% tubolar chassis to keep it light and simple and the body can be dismounted completely, without compromising the rigidity of the chassis itself.

Suspensions are really soft to absorb every bump and avoid rolls

what else...the RC motor does its job, the truck drifts on smooth surfaces :D

28mfgqx.jpg

Measures: 30,5cm x 14,5cm x 13,8cm

Weight: 550g

Features:

- Front independent suspensions

- Differential

- Tubolar chassis

video:

sypkdl.jpg

wlu1rt.jpg

107t5kh.jpg

5yvho3.jpg

Edited by piterx

enough :P

it's ratio is 1:something because of the differential...it's just a little bit slower than the fiesta but it handles really nice on bumps and stuff like pebbles :)

im editing the video...in a couple of hours it will be up i think

Its a winner!!! Servo motor + RC motor + LiPo battery is a winning combination! It must awesome to drive!

EDIT: I would add a female ball joint connector, so there is no friction pushing down on the drive axle... More speed :)

Edited by Zblj

Thanks, but I was inspired by Pipasseyoyo. So yo you was inspired by me, who was inspired by pipasseyoyo, who was inspired by someone else:)

Weight is really lowz. I think my Black mamba was the same weight.. But it was smaller and without suspension.

It drifts better than fiesta;)

Thanks, but I was inspired by Pipasseyoyo. So yo you was inspired by me, who was inspired by pipasseyoyo, who was inspired by someone else:)

Weight is really lowz. I think my Black mamba was the same weight.. But it was smaller and without suspension.

It drifts better than fiesta;)

the tubolar chassis is a feather!

it holds the motors but it's held by motors itself

i will definitely try to make a mini supercar with tubolar body too lol...just to see how fast it can go!

i think i could even have a ratio of 1,5:1

Wow that is awesome! And amazing filming too, how did you do that? :wub:

Oh, and where did you get those metallic silver rims?

Edited by TwentyLeggedHen

I love it, could you show the chassis on it's own, I so want to do it! Do you think this chassis would work on a large scale?

You got sponsored by a Lego shop? How does that Work? Great look truck, it drives really well too! I love seeing it drift indoors.

tim

You got sponsored by a Lego shop? How does that Work? Great look truck, it drives really well too! I love seeing it drift indoors.

tim

the shop that i usually bought pieces from liked my mocs and asked me if i wanna do some exposition with them...now i have 40% discount on every piece i buy :P

I love it, could you show the chassis on it's own, I so want to do it! Do you think this chassis would work on a large scale?

there's a chance that the shop that is sponsoring me may want to "produce" this model

so i got asked from them to make instructions so they can order the pieces and sell instructions + pieces all at once...obviously i'll let you know if this is going to happend :)

if it will be so, it could be probably a nice thing as you may get in a single unofficial set an RC motor, a lipo and a servo ahah

but i will surely need to clean some parts of the model and make them more elegant so it's not something in the imediate future :)

btw you guys are all so nice at me :D

First thing I watched this morning! Awesome man just awesome. :D

I want to make one soo bad! hehehe.

Looks like it has great handling and very soft setup. Great job and well done! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

First thing I watched this morning! Awesome man just awesome. :D

I want to make one soo bad! hehehe.

Looks like it has great handling and very soft setup. Great job and well done! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Darn! I can't watch the video until I get home, explain it to me man! I bet she glides over the gravel :D

definitely yes man :)

maybe on a larger scale it will just be more messy because you're gonna have more axles and connectors eheh

anyway, you just need to make the right connections between the connectors...for example, you have to find a way to secure the suspensions to the chassis, in a way they don't dismount the chassis itself once you apply force on them....but it doesn't take long :P

Your trophy truck performs pretty good. At least on solid ground. I wonder how it performs on a dirt track. I think I finally need to get some PF remote equipment and some more motors.

i think it should be fine...the rc motor is far from the wheels and well protected from dirt...i'm gonna test it on the dirt as soon as i can :)