tomdobs55

Celebrity Lego Fans

Anyone know of any famous AFOLs? Post them here!

Anton Khudobin goalie for the Carolina Hurricanes

Saw this on Twitter made me think of starting a thread

Someone delete the idiot post above mine! Fixed!

Another soccer player... Beckham once mentioned he was working on the Taj Mahal.

Edit: link

Edited by Fugazi

There is a South Park documentary on one of the season DVD's that show Trey Parker and Matt Stone's office at Comedy Central- they have quite a bit of Star Wars LEGO, including the Death Star.

I also remember an article in the paper about U.S. President's favorite toys, and George Bush's (1988-92) was LEGO. I believe the article came out when the first Toy Story hit theatres.

It looks like Mark Wahlberg is among them as well. In Parade, a little magazine paired with the local paper, interviewed him.

"What would people be surprised to know about you?"

My sons and I thoroughly enjoy Legos. We go to the toy store every week for more. I never want to take what we build apart, I want to put it on a shelf. My wife is starting to get a little annoyed with the Legos lying around.

Most of the cast from The Hobbit movies have their minifigures. I say that counts. I'm pretty sure the Harry Potter actors have them too.

I wonder how many of these people are big AFOLs and not just playing with their kids and whatnot. Curious if anyone fairly famous is on eurobricks or other sites like this.

Patrick Kaleta, a Buffalo Sabres hockey player, has been known to build LEGO like the Taj Mahal set.

"Bowie was never meant to be. He's like a LEGO kit. I'm convinced I wouldn't like him, because he's too vacuous and undisciplined. There is no definitive David Bowie"

( David Bowie on David Bowie,1976)

Lovely quote there which allows me to infer that David is a fan of LEGO like the rest of us. :grin: