Bob De Quatre

[LDD MOC] Space ninjas - Dragon Rider

I don't have all the details right now, but I used almost the same settings as usually use, and turned on the bricks outlines. I like the cartoonish style, but I think it's good only on small builds.

really cool , you must build this one!

I wish I could, but not all of the parts are available in these colors... :sceptic:

The earliers version might be buildable, depending on the colorscheme (tried a tan / dark tan once, it was really nice):

10564895784_4106b31ecc_c.jpg

Fighters... by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

Edited by Bob De Quatre

I really like the engines and cockpit design. The brick outlines on the render gives a very nice Japanese manga effect. I love it! :purrr:

I'am always amazed by your designs, It's superb!

I really like the engines and cockpit design. The brick outlines on the render gives a very nice Japanese manga effect. I love it! :purrr:

Thanks! I tried different rendering style, but when this one came out, I knew it was the right one!

The layered effect makes this look quite reminiscent of a samurai's armor, which is rather nice. May I suggest a stealthier recolor in black (with some white spots, maybe?)?

Dragon space ships.... I love them. I really should finish mine. You have good design skills.

wow! this is awesome, and the fact thatyou turned of 3D effect to make it looks manga-ish is just superb!

wow! this is awesome, and the fact thatyou turned of 3D effect to make it looks manga-ish is just superb!

Thanks. I've just turned on the outlines in LDD2PovRay. But I think it only looks good on builds of that size.

Totally awesome! Looks a lot like anime CG :wub:

Thanks. You're right it looks like an anime CG, I like that very much, but it doesn't looks that good on smaller or bigger models.

I'd love to see this built with actual bricks, the cockpit is ingenious. And hey, the whole idea of space ninjas is just awesome.