moc_mfhearse_2.jpg

^ Here's my version of the Monster Fighters Vampyre Hearse...

Although I find the original set extremely cool (It IS the one set that got me into lego again since 25 years) but felt it was a bit too grotesk for me. It now has a lot of modifications like:

A bigger but more subtle engine; It's lower; The body is given more mass; a different frontend; a longer wheelbase; exaust in the back (one bad thing about the original car was a poorly connected sidepipe); Chopped top; etc.

You'll have to set it next to an original set to really appreciate the modifications.

moc_mfhearse_3.jpg

moc_mfhearse_1.jpg

moc_mfhearse_4.jpg

moc_mfhearse_5.jpg

moc_mfhearse_6.jpg

moc_mfhearse_7.jpg

Only bad thing is, It's still too big for my haunted house and the other modular or town buildings...

One of the things i liked about the vampire herse was that it is so over the top that it's almost comical. Your creation is lacking that, and sorry to say it looks a bit bland to me. One funny thing tho... This was my first set too after almost 25 years. :)

I totally agree on the exaust pipes, and i've also made some modifications to my herse:

full.jpg

Changed the front of the car, removed the moonstone, added another grille, enlarged the motor, fixed the wobbly vampire teeth in the front.

full.jpg

Fixed the loose exaust pipes, removed the play feature from the car, lowered the rear a bit and closed the floor of the coffin compartment

full.jpg

I also didn't like the rear, so i've made a door more fitting to a herse. Also note the licence plate. :)

also didn't like the rear, so i've made a door more fitting to a herse. Also note the licence plate6.gif

Edited by bellbaisui

Quite cool! I see this set modded a lot. I rather like the front and the lowered wheels.

My bit more dieselpunkish mod (Or MOC actually, because I don't even have the set) can be seen here.

One of the things i liked about the vampire herse was that it is so over the top that it's almost comical. Your creation is lacking that, and sorry to say it looks a bit bland to me. One funny thing tho... This was my first set too after almost 25 years. :)

I totally agree on the exaust pipes, and i've also made some modifications to my herse:

Changed the front of the car, removed the moonstone, added another grille, enlarged the motor, fixed the wobbly vampire teeth in the front.

Fixed the loose exaust pipes, removed the play feature from the car, lowered the rear a bit and closed the floor of the coffin compartment

I also didn't like the rear, so i've made a door more fitting to a herse. Also note the licence plate. :)

You're totally right Jorrith. That rediculously over the top evil cartoon look has made me take the step and buy a minifig-orientated Lego set. EVER. As an adult!

I put the set together and enjoyed that for a while but immediatly noticed some things could be done better. Somehow I wanted it to be more 'realistic' in a hotrod-kind-of-way. So stance, wheelbase, and overall look as a massive car were the most important things in mind when I started building. And while I was building it the front reminded me of the Batmobile and I immediately started building the batmobile using the frontend. I didn't want both cars to have the same frontend so I came up wit a more realistic one. At the time (as well as now) I didn't had too many options in usable bricks. Hey, this was my first snot-frondend! ;-) So, hence the bland frontend. Just the frontend cause I think I did better than Lego's version in the overall look of the car. Could be a matter of taste ofcourse.

(Check out my batmobile via my signature-link.)

You did a nice build by the way! I very much agree on the wobbly teeth... The hotrod-grille is also a nice touch, as well as the opening reardoor.

Oh yeah, I I don't want to knock Lego for this design. Far from that. I still think it's awesome they had the guts to come out with this set. It had rekindled my love for Lego and opened up a new world of afols to me :-)

On my wishlist is building a creepy white icecreamtruck using the Legohearse as a base.

Quite cool! I see this set modded a lot. I rather like the front and the lowered wheels. My bit more dieselpunkish mod (Or MOC actually, because I don't even have the set) can be seen here.

That car is awesome Dwarven Walrus. I love Steampunk. Funny that this design too reminds me of a batmobile...

Edited by B Rick

Loved this set so much, that when i saw a second set for 20 euro's, i ordered it in a heartbeat! I do like what you did with the wheelbase, the rear wheels look like they are better placed compared to the original. Also looked at your batmobile, and yes there is some resembelance to the build... (Nicely done btw)

I like the idea of the icecream truck, i allready can see a abominable snowman as a driver, and a zombie icecream vendor, heck yeah! Go for it!

@ Pig: Wow, that's a pretty cool herse!

Edited by Jorrith

Loved this set so much, that when i saw a second set for 20 euro's, i ordered it in a heartbeat! I do like what you did with the wheelbase, the rear wheels look like they are better placed compared to the original. Also looked at your batmobile, and yes there is some resembelance to the build... (Nicely done btw)

I like the idea of the icecream truck, i allready can see a abominable snowman as a driver, and a zombie icecream vendor, heck yeah! Go for it!

@ Pig: Wow, that's a pretty cool herse!

Hahah, I hear ya... I have bought three of these hearses. If you want to mod something it comes in handy just to have two (or more) of them...

Hmzz, I made a start building dthe icecreamtruck version only to find out I have just one of those wheelwell arches and I really need four. I'm not too eager to order seperate pieces online, so I don't think I'll be building it soon. Money and time-issues. Like everybody else, I guess... ;-)

Edited by B Rick

This hearse was one of my first mods. I got it done before I build my moded Haunted House. I was a bit disappointed that the car still was way too big for the house eventhough I made the house XTRA LARGE...

So I finally got round to fix that problem and tried to build a smaller version of the same modded hearse.

Now it's a 7-stud wide car:

moc_hearse_6.jpg

But I will create a thread of it's own for this one :classic:

Wow, that's really nice! I'll await the thread with eagerness!

[edit] silly me, it's allready there....[/edit]

Edited by Jorrith