BaronSat

Support for Jabba Palace + new rooms

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello,

I recently published photos of my own Star Wars minifigs (http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=88292) now it's time to show how I used them.

This model is a support for the 9516 Jabba Palace without alterations and I added a Rancor pit, a torture room and a trophy room.

JABBA-PALACE-SUPPORT-03.jpg

As usually I put more pics on popular demand ;)

Thanks guys.

There are some smart ones here ;)

The rancor pit is under jabba's throne as the all floor is the rancor cave.

I need to add pic for a full frontal view but here's one that show more.

JABBA-PALACE-SUPPORT-02.jpg

Great work Baronsat! :thumbup: I'd love to see some other photos of the trophy and torture rooms :wink:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

very cool, this makes me want to buy the set, which i initialy didn't want to do.

Is that Daft Punk in the Rancor Pit?

Edited by Bobskink

Here are more pics.

Yes, they are the Daft Punk figures, I started to use them for my Mos Eisley diorama and it seems they live on Tatooine now ;)

JABBA-PALACE-SUPPORT-05.jpg

JABBA-PALACE-SUPPORT-06.jpg

JABBA-PALACE-SUPPORT-07.jpg

Edited by BaronSat

Awesome! I modded my Rancor pit and Jabba's Palace so the tower doesn't have to be removed and the pit's gate can raise and lower. However, this MOC totally blows mine out of the water.

I love how you got EV-9D9's chamber in there. Great job on the droids, too. That's room is sometihng I want to do with mine.

Really fantastic job all around.

Wow fantastic job, love the additional mini figs, they shouldn't be there but they seem to fit right in with that motley bunch.

Thanks guys. Hope that will inspire you.

Who shouldn't be there? Gollum? Well that's not him, you know his name isn't Star Wars enough. It'sGolluminum Crumbastic, his cousin :laugh:

More pics.

JABBA-PALACE-SUPPORT-01.jpg

JABBA-PALACE-SUPPORT-04.jpg

Another guy that shouldn't be there. :wink:

JABBA-PALACE-SUPPORT-08.jpg

JABBA-PALACE-SUPPORT-09.jpg

And here's the frontal view ... or should I say dorsal?... I mentioned earlier.

JABBA-PALACE-SUPPORT-10.jpg

I really like how you have extended this and made it your own. The added figs really bring it to life :)

Thanks guys, I'm pleased you like this as I think it's a good diorama to play... er I mean to display our minifigs. :blush:

BTW instructions are on sale on my website now.

I was inspired by your Jabba's palace and decided to make a custom myself. The palace scenes from Jedi were my favorite scenes so it made this even more fun for me to try.

This will eventually be two stories also but I'm waiting on my two rancor pits. But here's the top details. I used two sets for the top. A 9516 Jabba's palace kit and a Mos Eisley 75052 set. The first thing I did was build the base. Then using some old not being Legos I extended the base to 50 X 28. Leaving all the working parts on the left so they could be used. After that I built jabbas dais(?) then I took the Mos Eisley set and started making a game room which I set to the right of Jabba's (dais?). After that I put the tower to the right of the game room. I also extended the far walls to the end of the platform. And note that all rooms from the dais(?) to the tower are connected with a doorway. I wanted to make a droid detention room as well but ran out of bricks to really make it right but I did make a tool unit as well as a gonk and a power transformer I added them to the set anyway. As you'll see the floor tiles are different colors in place and I intend to buy more of the same color but I thought hell Jabba's palace is dingy anyway so I can wait. Apart from a few mismatched bricks I am pleased with my creation. Now I can't wait for my Rancor pits to finish the scene.

Here's the front view

59A975CF-5AC0-465C-A16A-923EBC7A1847_zpsmcrrlpqs.jpg

Here's two angled pics showing the sides.

6CEEBEA1-AF3C-4F61-86F5-8148F204EB53_zpsrh1sdei1.jpg

Also need to seal that doorway and move Han

1B42B405-2110-4902-9C78-A91FEE3D9756_zpsfpkt43iu.jpg

Inside

B01CAE5F-D890-44ED-B18B-B47ADAF92AA5_zpslrsoszpf.jpg

3B5EFBB0-4B8C-462F-9BDC-610580C97160_zpsv0mcevz4.jpg

08DA05A6-A5F3-4FCD-A118-CBFA86F9AB74_zpselus0az0.jpg

Amazing work Baronsat. I like the use of Bespin Planet half for the top. Some brilliant detail in the palace. Keep up the great work.

Boredom and Legos will always be a good thing.

Ok so I made a few changes today. The first thing I did was add a new doorway between the large dais room and what is now the game room. I decided to move the Game room out of the lil domed room and into the rest of the floor area which gave room to turn the old game room into the droid detention room. I also added some flat pieces here and there to add details and make the roofs look more streamlined. I also added a terminal for R2 to tap into and walled up the left side of the inner dais chamber added a large terminal and moved Han to the outer dais chamber. On the droid detention room I made all the levers work so the gonk bot can be angled back and fourth and the burner could be moved up and down from the outside and the inside of the room. Lastly I added an antennae of sorts near the tower with an extra hooka wire piece working as a ground. I think I like it better this way. There's more action at least.

Ok here's the pics.

New tower details

8CAE5935-59EA-4389-A5B3-700F57886706_zpscnion6wz.jpg

New dais details

D3DDE3ED-D2AF-49EE-A8BF-06DFD4129C9B_zpskpl1oop3.jpg

New game room

16A6C030-62C4-4407-8DA5-ADFCF52B38F8_zpsrbi5oxkg.jpg

Lever details droid detention room

367E97C5-254C-4FED-AD91-F061D43A621C_zpst8e6zsev.jpg

Droid detention room details

0F5D9CFA-2754-456C-93E4-172AB16A2504_zps4j2gwf44.jpg

I finished the bottom half of jabbas palace last night. And I can definitely say this has been the largest Lego creation I've ever built.

It took me about 6 hours to complete. The first thing I did was build the two Rancor Pits in thier entirety, after that I took all the top structures holding the arches up then removed the all the collumns. Once that was done I took the bottom platforms and stripped them back down to individual bricks and started making the platform conform to my needs by stretching it to 54 X 28. Yep four longer than jabbas palace. I wanted the outer gate to be raised while the top was still on. I then took all the columns and started figuring out where to put them. Only used two whole collumns the left and middles. The other collumns were split up to make the end collumns and the a lil wall running from each end column to the outer gate. I think it was a nice touch. Now it was time to build the arches to support the top. That wasn't too bad I used existing parts left over from the kits and quite a few of my own bricks for the whole scene. I had a whole gate left so I modified it to fit inbetween the platform and middle collumns. I didn't connect it though so it could be moved around at will or taken out.

I really like this set up by I do have a couple complaints. First WTH happened to Legos. I grew up in the 80's and 90's and when you snapped a couple bricks together from those decades they stayed together and took a lil force to unsnap them. These new Legos suck!! You have to be real careful about what your working on or it will fall apart really easy. I had to remove the surface building a few times to get the platforms right and ened up having to get the instruction booklets out to help put everything back right because it the buildings just fall apart. And they added insult to injury by giving us a laughable brick tool. As if! Any way glad I had some older bricks to use or this would not have turned out the way it did.

Ok and my second complaint is silly but annoying. The bone they give you for Luke does not fit in the Rancors mouth the way it should up and down. Seems like they could have made it a lil shorter for extra play.

All so after all that I must say I love this total brick set. I admit it's not as cool as baronsats but extremely pleased with the turnout. I do eventually plan on making a two sides wrap around with ramp to the front door at some point, maybe make it big enough to add a door for the sail barge.

Thank you Baronsat for the inspiration.

D54951FF-F887-43FA-B6F3-868D240F140F_zpsytmqzwoa.jpg