mikezang

How to modify train set to 8 wide?

Your idea is not bad, but I don't think it is easier to find printed stickers. I will try other 7 wide if possible.

I've had some success printing it myself using plain white sticker paper (comes in size A4) and a cheap inkjet printer. The hardest part is getting the colors right: the color on your screen will look different than the printed color, which again will look different than the actual color of the LEGO bricks. Good luck!

I'm coming back

i'll show you an loco that is less than a 8 stud width with the RCX inside after diner ;)

in fact, i think you should convert a wagon for the RCX, than the loco, and convert it in technic wagon, and not passenger wagon ;)

So

As promised, just take a look at this loco :

http://railbricks.com/instructions/gp40-rcx/

Just click on download to take a look at the instruction book, the RCX is totally integrated with this way of building. I Think it is adaptable in a wagon, not you French TGV ;)

I've started a specific post for share with the RCX control train : by this way, we won't be out of subject in this post ;)

Standard RCX Train controler

I could only see u making the 6X8 25 Degrees but chopping in two and adding a roof tile. Easy dont with right tools, make stuff 8 wide can require you to mod parts.

7 wide does look better over 8 I think, I would chop the hell out of that controller and make it fit.

Ahh with DCC you can get software you run your trains from your PC, I run digitrax gear with my HO train and then run off my PC. So you would get best of both worlds.

I could only see u making the 6X8 25 Degrees but chopping in two and adding a roof tile. Easy dont with right tools, make stuff 8 wide can require you to mod parts.

Really? Can you show me mod parts sample?

Ahh with DCC you can get software you run your trains from your PC, I run digitrax gear with my HO train and then run off my PC. So you would get best of both worlds.

I like to auto control trains only by RCXs, not by PC:)