MKJoshA

[SoNE Free Build] 7 Commandeered Escape

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

OoC: See the rest of the story:

First They Came For the Qwohogs

A Brother's Work Is Never Done

A Night At Hao's

The Breakout

It wasn't hard slipping past the guard. It's a wonder the Empire is able to hold on to any of it's prisoners. I had even heard a rumor that before the Death Star blew up, a high level security prisoner just walked out of the detention block. I don't know how much truth there is to that story, but my experience tonight leaves me with more faith in the story.

Using the power of the stormtrooper armor I commandeered a parked speeder and Yeoman and I took off for the nearest spaceport. It wasn't the most subtle way to get out of town, but it was certainly faster than taking an older model landspeeder.

10967318594_52ce774c53.jpg

MKJoshA: You're probably wondering why I broke you out of prison.

Yeoman: The thought had crossed my mind, yes.

MKJoshA: I heard you might be the guy to talk to if I wanted to join the Rebels.

Yeoman: You broke the law and put yourself forever on the Empire's bad side for the chance that I might be able to tell you about the Rebel Alliance? You must be crazier than I thought!

MKJoshA: I've never been one for mediocre actions.

Yeoman: What's in it for me?

MKJoshA: If you really are a Rebel, I'll take you anywhere in the galaxy to meet up with them. I've got some credits saved up that can buy us passage on a freighter.

10967181955_700f933716.jpg

Yeoman: You're in luck MKJoshA. I've decided you're trust worthy enough. I am a part of the Alliance. Take me to these coordinates and we'll contact them with my transponder. I was expecting a mission briefing tonight so we should be able to get in touch with them.

I glanced at the coordinates and turned the speeder towards the hills. I sure hope I know what I just got myself into.

10967242526_90482638d9_n.jpg10967371523_25cfcd7f54_n.jpg10967395913_ceab896069_n.jpg

OoC: Please judge as a freebuild.

UPDATE:

Here is an alternative base. It was a random idea floating around in my head so I put it into reality. Not super great, but maybe it'll keep the speeder from looking like a boat.

11060814736_9ddb3cc0f4.jpg11060839014_00e545ef6b.jpg

It's great you've developed your story. Every of your free builds is a new chapter of the same story.

And this speeder is very smooth and elegant. I really like the open turbine in the in the front.

I like the speeder, the engine part looks cool! :thumbup:

It misses however a bit of the star wars feel, and it looks a bit like a boat. That back is interesting, it gives it again a bit more of a speeder look.

Interesting design. To me it quite has the SW feel. A bit more CW, but it's not that colorful, so I'd belive it's OT material. I too like the open front and gues what, my first impression too was: "A boat?". I thank the stand does this to your MOC, so I'd advise you to build a simple terain to go underneath. It'd look way cooler!

It's great you've developed your story. Every of your free builds is a new chapter of the same story.

And this speeder is very smooth and elegant. I really like the open turbine in the in the front.

Thanks Jacob, I also admire how your freebuilds have told 1 continuous story so far.

Interesting design. To me it quite has the SW feel. A bit more CW, but it's not that colorful, so I'd belive it's OT material. I too like the open front and gues what, my first impression too was: "A boat?". I thank the stand does this to your MOC, so I'd advise you to build a simple terain to go underneath. It'd look way cooler!

I wanted to see what kind of effect and reaction a "model" type stand had on a Lego build. I guess I'm getting my answer though "boat" is not what I thought I'd hear :) I'll see about putting some traditional terrain underneath it and post a 2nd picture.

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

I've added another picture with a different base. Let me know what you think.

It looks better, but it's still more a stand than an actual base. What I had in mind is terrain which you're flying on, which is larger than the speeder.

The idea is that it is a small portion of the terrain that it's flying on, but yes, it is more of a base/stand than terrain.

I'm really digging the speeder, it looks nice and the yellow+gray look good! Nice work :classic: