On 6/2/2020 at 7:42 PM, Well2thebone said:

I just purchased and built 42100 and while I am not disappointed, I can quickly see it is too big for me as a starting point.  And I don't have  much interest in just playing with it.  So......looking at smaller sets now.

There are also some excellent alternative sets for the 42100. One is already on Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-37222/M_longer/42100-skid-steer-loader/?inventory=1#info. The instructions for the snow groomer by @grohl will follow.

Hi,
I just want to add my question to this topic :)

I'm just starting my second journey with Technic (first one was in early 90's).

I got 42095 as a gift and added few more sets to it: Rally Car (42077) and Arocs (42043).
I prefer interesting mechanics solutions rather than nice look. So all the supercars are not on my wishlist. Arocs was great from this perspective.

The question is what to buy next ?
For sure I want to buy 42082, because it's the last time it's available with normal price and
I'm thinking about:
1) 8043 + 42030 (both used, or maybe sth different instead of 42030 ?)
2) 42100 (new)

What do you recommend ?

Edited by maver1ck

Get the 42053 for more pneumatics and then go wild combining all of the stuff you have.
Or get the CLAAS as it has some weird mechanics you'll love.

While they last - get a 42098 and build the garbage truck /on rebrickable/ or get the MACK and do it's garbage truck again for the mechanisms.
Both are sets that have like 100 alternate models so you'll find your jam.

Or just disassemble your arocs and do some of the 50 alternates it has :)

6 hours ago, maver1ck said:

I prefer interesting mechanics solutions rather than nice look. So all the supercars are not on my wishlist. Arocs was great from this perspective.

For what its worth, the Bugatti Chiron might be mostly about looks, but the driveline is quite an interesting mechanism, an 8 speed + reverse flappy paddle transmission into 4WD is pretty much state of the art as far as lego's official gearboxes go. Supposedly the Sian is even a bit better, even though it is the same feature wise.

Similarly, i found 42056's gearbox quite a cool mechanism as well, even if that had been used in mocs previously

I think I need to make my mind about Control+ so I found nice discount on Liebherr :)

First Liebherr then R2D2 :)

On 1/22/2021 at 5:47 PM, maver1ck said:

I think I need to make my mind about Control+ so I found nice discount on Liebherr :)

First Liebherr then R2D2 :)

Liebherr done and to be honest I found parts of it quite boring.
I have a feeling I spend whole evening building railings.

Also I'm using PS4 controller because I really don't like steering from app.

Haven't been around in a while, but wanting to get back into a set this summer. Both the Audi and Deere Skidder appeal to me. I love Audis, and have some connections to Deere. However, I can't decide if I want to get the Audi for the Control+ pieces and drivability, or get the Skidder as an office display piece. A third option is to just go the Buwizz route, but it's quite expensive. I would like to make a fast buggy type MOC in the future. Any thoughts? Thanks!

14 hours ago, pluto7443 said:

Haven't been around in a while, but wanting to get back into a set this summer. Both the Audi and Deere Skidder appeal to me. I love Audis, and have some connections to Deere. However, I can't decide if I want to get the Audi for the Control+ pieces and drivability, or get the Skidder as an office display piece. A third option is to just go the Buwizz route, but it's quite expensive. I would like to make a fast buggy type MOC in the future. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I have bought both of these, after not buying any sets since the Volvo hauler, and find them both good sets, though I view them more as parts for my collection than sets. They are both good builds, the Audi is playable and is a lot of panels and bodywork and has a great frame under it, the skidder is also playable but only manually and I think probably the better of the two sets, though it is even better if you add dual wheels all around.