I've always wanted a decent truck and trailer set. I'm thinking of getting another 42043 for the B model, as it has a number of realistic details and has a steep discount at the moment. The problem is the B model isn't very aesthetically appealing... and good display value is the highest priority when I make a decision... And there's a new Mack truck with trailer coming at the beginning of next year. But if I wait til the Mack is fully revealed the 42043 may have been discontinued by then.

So I don't know if I should get another 42043 or wait until the Mack is out and get the Mack? I can afford both.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

8285 still use studful building, and I don't like the old style. The color scheme of the B model looks like a mess too. And too many gaps.

It really is a toss up, 42043 is a great set, but we do not know what to expect from the MACK truck. If it were me, I would get the 42043. The price will increase soon and we really have no clue what the new truck is going to look like. Go with 42043 in hopes that the MACK truck is aweful haha 

Im running out of place and I want nice looking set.

So question is,go for extreme adventurer?Or wait for photos of Mack Truck?

I can found 42069 for pretty low price, but Mack seems to be big licensed American Truck with trailer that almost everybody wanted.

15 minutes ago, Ondra said:

Im running out of place and I want nice looking set.

So question is,go for extreme adventurer?Or wait for photos of Mack Truck?

I can found 42069 for pretty low price, but Mack seems to be big licensed American Truck with trailer that almost everybody wanted.

Well, I don't see the 42069 retiring or going up in price too much in the next two or three months, so I would wait.

Czech RRP is about 160€ which is crazy, but online shops probably get these sets from Germany so i can found this set about 100 euro.

On 9/3/2017 at 1:00 AM, Josephiah said:

I suspect I can probably guess the answer to this, but which of the following should I go for:

42043 Arocs @ ÂŁ130,

42054 Claas @ ÂŁ90, or

42069 Extreme Adventure @ ÂŁ120?

I've bought all of these sets this year. In Australian Dollars, I paid $248 for the Arocs, $175 for the Claas, and $150 for Extreme Adventure. They are all great sets, but the one I enjoyed the most is the Arocs; even though it was the most expensive. It is just a wonderful fun building experience and final result with so many functions that all work well. It is the best Lego set I have ever owned. The other two are very nice, but I think Arocs is a Lego classic that only comes around once every few years.

Edited by ShowsOn
Typo

19 minutes ago, Josephiah said:

Snapped up a 42043 for my birthday before they all disappeared - my first decent-sized set since 42009. THIS IS EXCITING!!

Congrats! Awesome set, totally worth it.

So now that the Mack has been out for a bit I find myself in a situation where I can buy it or 42043. The price of purchase is the same regardless and I'll likely only buy one or the other, not both. By all accounts 42043 is an achievement mechanically, very realistic and of course, all those pneumatics! My question is for those who have the Mack, how do they compare? Would the Mack be worth passing on the Mercedes? 

Edited by Zoenarr

I do not have the Mack yet, but in my opinion this is a no brainer. Go for the 42043 and you will not regret it. This is a “real” flagship set and a future classic.

I would buy Mercedes, because it is more Technic, also form parts point of view. And it's Mercedes :)

I bought it some time ago allready without even thinking twice, just waited for some discounts. And I'm not even considering Mack. Maybe I'll try to build it form parts I own.

The Mack looks good, but right now there's nothing that beats 42043 so get it while you can.

Thanks for the feedback. You all confirmed what I was leaning towards myself. The fact that it was a landslide for the AROCS erases all question in my mind. AROCS it is!

Hello fellow members. I have a question. I own a small collection of technic including Arocs, Mack Anthem, 9398, 8110, Claas Xerion and 42006. There's a 42055 for sale for around $150 in a local store with a damaged box, but everything else seems ok. I am mostly building mocs from rebrickable and want to expand my collection a bit further. Is 42055 a good choice at this price considering my collection? Thank you in advance for your responses.

For general parts, there is no doubt that is a good price. I paid $199 and $140 for the two I own, one built as BWE, the other went into my parts bins. When you unbag all the parts and lay them out, you find you have seriously upped your beam collection. Biggest drawback to 42055 is the color scheme. But, if you don't dwell on color too bad when building, parts is parts is parts. Because dark bluish grey has become my go to color choice these days. Arocs, Claas, BWE are heavy on it. It goes with any other color pretty easily, and so my MOCs are going to always feature light bluish grey, dark bluish grey and black as my main color choices. Accents will be in red, or as appropriate other colors to fit a theme, like yellow for construction, or orange for road work vehicles, etc...  But it has plenty of track links for conveyors and tracked vehicles, some big linear actuators, xl motor, plus the round yellow racks.  It's one that I held off on for so long but glad I finally got. Hope this helped. Happy Building

BH

Hello. So the question is in the title.

Right now I can buy 42055 excavator for $210 (sealed of course).

The new crane 42082 is a great set as well, but now its expensive and I kinda dislike the red color.

Holy shit even wheels are red in the set!

Your thoughts?

Edited by Yevhen

The general principle is earlier sets should be prioritized, as when they are out of production their prices willl go up the sky (holy moly the two clauses rhyme)

So I'd say 42055

Yeah, I'd have to agree with Ngoc, the big shiny crane will be around for a few years but the BWE will be discontinued and then you'll be paying double.

I've know next to nothing about the 42082 but I can tell you that if you choose the 42055 you won't be sorry. It's a great building experience helped by there being almost no repetition. I'd go for the 42055. I promise you won't be sorry.