I can now afford either Porsche or BWE. I don't play much with my sets because I go to work all day, so I prefer sets with realistic details and display value. I already have Claas and Volvo. Should I get Porsche or BWE?

I ordered the Claas it one my heart with the option for 3 steering configs and the option to make my own attachments even though I don't have many pieces.

-RailCo

I can get 42043 and 42054 for about the same price now. I like the functionalities of 42054 better but 42043 seems to have better value for parts. What would you think?

Get the older first (42043). It's a great source of parts (wheels, pneumatics, L motor, shock absorbers,new gear racks and turntable, LA....) and a more functional set. The 42054 will be sold for more months, so you don't have to be worried about availability or price.

Just completed my Claas Xerion set weeks ago, and have been searching for a more challenge (e.g. Volvo EW160e, Heavy Lift Helicopter or GT3 911, but they're all expensive. I'd buy one 3 months later.

(Note: the Xerion set is my first huge TECHNIC set to date.

Anyway. I'd appreciate your suggestions.

Edited by Chimaninja454

My personal recommendation is the 42040 fireplane from last year, it provides a great number of useful parts and looks awesome as a display model if wanted.

Also if you want to get into cars the 42039 is a good start

Seconded - fun build, great learning experience, awesome donor if you're into MOCing and really good value for money. (They've got it on amazon.co.uk for less than 69 pounds, by the way).

42008 also has a pretty complex gearbox. It also has pneumatics (which i consider pretty useful, especially with the contest going on) and one BIG linear actuator (LA's) and small LA's.

I can really recommend that set. price should also not be very high since it is already several years available. (120 eur. in The Netherlands)

you can find almost everything in the superb review of sariel about the set

added: wait, maybe it is getting more expensive because its getting rarer. The cheapest i could find (in a minute) was 120 and the video says 109,99

Edited by roppie11

if you want to stay really cheap, I'd recommend the 42037. it's not huge, but has lots of useful pieces and is a great starter kit for working with suspension. you really have to look around for it though, most places sell it for around $60, but I found it for $40 in a few retail places.

42042 and 42008 are great options as mentioned above.

I would also recommend the 42043 because of the complexity and the interesting techniques used in that model. It is a bit pricy though.

Thank you all for the suggestions, but have a desire to get the Porache, but wonder if it's a great set.

Anyways, keep up the suggestions!

Edited by Chimaninja454

The Claas is the best set I've built in Technic to date. Amazing set.

I was looking for a good quality OFficcual Lego F1 racer from a few years back and I found a very good quality used set with minimal shipping fees for $240 Canadian on Amazon.ca. Is this a good deal? (I would be buying for the peices) or should I keep looking?

Sincerely,

Myers Lego Technic

Definitely overpriced. I've seen Amazon pushing the prices of older sets to crazy levels. Feel sorry for the buyers.

Unfortunately I live in rural British Columbia, and even a hundred euro set would easily be doubled or tripled with duty, shipping and taxes. This was sadly the best deal, as it was in Canada. I wish I could have taken your advice, but shipping from Europe is very difficult! I envy all of you who have a) access to physical Lego stores witching 1000 km (literally) and b) are in Europe. My very best to you all,

Sincerely

Myers Lego Technic