ah, my fault - i have overseen that the prices in the filtered list are listed in € because this is my preference (as German)... well, the cheapest is 240$ (rsp. 186€) - but still not really overprized for new and sealed... typical price at amazon.de was always between 159€ and 179€... or something similar... i can't imagine that the Unimog was way cheaper in US in the past... but i admit i do not know the US prices of lego...

No biggie. I ended up buying 42009, 42023, and a 9398 (TRU clearance to $160). If I get lucky with a Unimog one day, that'll be great. I mostly want it for the pneumatic stuff anyways. :)

So guys, i found a nice lot on my local market and the guy who is selling posted 3 pics and i was wondering is there are any sets in there you recognize. I think there are some old (pre 90s sets) in there but i can't figure it out. So, is it worth to buy ? Here are the pics and thank you in advance !

Edited by Freekysch

hello everyone now im buying some older sets 8285 and 8463 or 8416 and 8455 im going to buy two set at a time as it works out less on postage

regards doug

HI , Im very new here.

Used to pay with LEGO blocks when I was a kid and have only recently just rediscovered Technic.

I'm looking at picking up a few of the larger sets but of course am restricted by my budget.

Which one would you guys recommend - I cant seem to decide between 9398 (crawler) and 42030 (volvo). They both interest me because of their remote controls. I will build them and play with them with my kid. Not looking at them for parts collection. To me the whole is more important /interesting than the parts.

I already have the 8110 and 42009. I cannot get anything earlier in my part of the world (India) and anything shipped internationally get prohibitively expensive.

Thanks

9398 is older and will go out of production sooner. If you think you might eventually want both, get 9398 now while you still can. 42030 is brand new and will be available for a couple of years.

OK, managed to grab a 9398, 42009, and a Unimog recently (found a good price on a new with no box).

What sets would you guys suggest I grab before they go away? I'm going to pass on an Excavator because of how expensive it is. I've been looking at 42000 Racer and 42008 Service Truck. I missed out on the old Supercar, so I'm looking to build up a collection of parts to do car MOCs.

I would say 42000 is a great set, and the model itself is big and looks awesome ! On the other hand, the 42008 is not so great in my opinion.

Hi all, I have a question for you. I have a chance to buy one of those three used sets: 8653 Enzo for 94 usd, 8145 599 for 150 usd or 8070 for 125 usd. I like all of them. I want to buy one of them as a base for a supercar I want to build in the future, nothing particular in mind, but definitely not rc. Which one of those sets would you buy? Which one of them has most useful parts and price ratio?

Thanks in advance!

8653 and 8145 look good but offer hardly any technical functionality besides steering (no suspension etc.). 8070 is the better parts pack.

8653 and 8145 look good but offer hardly any technical functionality besides steering (no suspension etc.). 8070 is the better parts pack.

Since this is your primary argument "I want to buy one of them as a base for a supercar I want to build in the future", I agree with Jantjeuh!

Although I would consider buying the 599. It looks great and it does have most of the red flex axles, which are needed to build some of the Supercar MOCs.

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=8145-1

The other parts, like suspension, are widely available.

I'd go for the 8145 as well, because of the amount of flex axles. Then you only need some shock absorbers and perhaps a new differential and you have everything ready for a modern supercar with suspension. Perhaps some frames, but that's it.

Hello fellow eurobricks members, I currently have an opportunity to purchase a 42000 grand prix racer at the same price as the 42029 pickup truck, If possible I'd like some comparrisons, pros and cons, or simply personal preference on which set is better for parts and potential C models

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Hello fellow eurobricks members, I currently have an opportunity to purchase a 42000 grand prix racer at the same price as the 42029 pickup truck, If possible I'd like some comparrisons, pros and cons, or simply personal preference on which set is better for parts and potential C models

Thanks in advance,

Dan

I'd say get 42000 as it has a lot more panels, larger wheels (with the smaller tyres) and is a lot more gears/mini LAs than 42029. But I have both of those sets and they are equally awesome. It is really up to you. But in terms of c models 42000 would be the way to go. If you haven't already seen Nathaniel Kuiper's c model (of 42000) you should check it out!

I also have both set 42000 is huge model. Wheels and tires are also great. Nathaniel made instructions for 42000c steet rod which is a fantastic moc, so 42000 is a good option.

42029 has just been released so I would get 42000 first.

I have both, to be honest 42000 it's a bigger, more pieces, panels. and lovely tyres! But for some reasons I enjoyed more the building process of 42029!

The good point of the F1 are the suspensions: looking amazing and realistic, and plus you can use those arms for mocs!

In the other hand the Pick Up has loads of red pieces too! I would buy both (as I did) :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: but as final suggestions I would say 42000.

Edited by TheItalianBrick

As i do not own 42029 i can't tell you very much about it but i can tell you fot sure 42000 is a very nice set with lots of pannels, some gears, 2 mLA, and some very big wheels. The F1 looks great and it's very big and makes a GREAT display model ! So, imho, go for it !

As i do not own 42029 i can't tell you very much about it but i can tell you fot sure 42000 is a very nice set with lots of pannels, some gears, 2 mLA, and some very big wheels. The F1 looks great and it's very big and makes a GREAT display model ! So, imho, go for it !

It's actually 3 mLA....I was surprised! :laugh:

Thanks everyone, the main thing that got me going with the 42029 was I personally prefer off road type cars/trucks, also has anyone done a C model dor 42029? or any 4x4 mods?

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks everyone, the main thing that got me going with the 42029 was I personally prefer off road type cars/trucks, also has anyone done a C model dor 42029? or any 4x4 mods?

Thanks,

Dan

Someone made a seaplane, it is in a topic somewhere here. Just search for '42029 Seaplane' and it should come up:) By the way it is pretty cool! You should head over to the mods and improvements for it as well.

Edited by Nalyd997

Hi,

I am thinking about getting a set either 42028,42029 or 42025. I have about 10 technic sets and am familiar with the technic theme. I would like opinions of which is the best in terms of parts price functionality and appearance.

Thanks

Edited by 98267a

A toystore not far from me has an 8110 on the shelf for $329 AUD is this a good price? should i get it? it seems to be cheaper than any ebay listing i can find.