Sign in to follow this  
Missing Brick

Punch It Bishop

Scene from James Cameron's 1986 movie 'Aliens'

10932961683_d14a6b5c68_c.jpg

So far I've only built the front section of the dropship plus the cargo hold which is big enough to carry a full size 14-wide Larry Lars APC. So I hope to take some shots of the APC on the ramp when I've finished the tail section of the model.

In case any of you youngsters are wondering what 'Punch it Bishop' means, here's the scene from Aliens:

Woow it's already looking awesome! The build is very accurate, alsi I really like how you done the cockpit section, I'm eagerly waiting for the finished model, keep it up!

Wow, that was fast, Missing Brick. I wasn't expecting the first pictures so soon. And you already have lights in it. I love it. Easily the best Dropship I've seen so far and I like your photoshop work too. Keep up the good work.

I haven't seen that movie. So I don't know what the ship looks like, but I love the cockpit design. I may have to borrow that idea sometime if I ever build something space related, which I've given some thought to.

Nice! Can't wait to see the whole thing at that scale. Nice mix of curved and angled slopes. I also enjoy the cockpit design and the interior v. exterior spaces.

Thanks all.

I was pleased with the way the cockpit windscreen section came out. It's still a bit blocky but I think it's closer to the movie cockpit than you can get with any of the standard lego windscreen parts.

My design and parts use owes alot to Babalas Shipyards awesome dropship model below:

5500736362_d1f6efd9c9_z.jpg

I basically just expanded it from '4-wide' to '6 wide' so I can fit the pilots and the APC - and made a few other enhancements.

... I like your photoshop work too.

Thanks. I did it by holding the model in front of the TV with black gloves on.. So it was a poor man's photoshop :). The background photo is from the burning man festival where they set fire to the effigy at the end (they really blow the megablocks out of that thing!)

7959949246_ac2b939272_z.jpg