Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

MOC - Coffee Shop

I was working on one thing today, but then something I started two or three weeks ago caught my attention and decided to work on it.

A coffee shop.....

000000_coffee_shop_97.jpg000000_coffee_shop_98.jpg000000_coffee_shop_99.jpg

I just need some signs and Larry from the Lego Movie collectables series, then my coffee shop can join my Coles Express servo setup......this is now replacing my diner idea because....cash flow is bad again :cry_sad: - anyway keep watching.

Marvelous! As someone who works at a coffeehouse (Starbucks) I think you've condensed the look quite nicely. Looks like you've got an espresso machine and a bunch of brewers--awesome! Although the glass looks empty; it could do with a few pastries.

Fantastic job, and brew on! Is that still a thing? I haven't been on foe a long time

Thanks for the kind words 'Mariko', yeah....I'm thinking about some cup cakes in the case.....I actually copied the coffee machine from the Lego Movie....I paused the trailer in the right place.

Keep watching ! :wink:

Very nice, I like the colour scheme of the interior, and the roof looks good too!

I will eagerly await the next update, happy building :laugh:

The wall made of profile bricks is a nice addition as it breaks up the monotony of the front end and gives the effect of blinds or something similar inside.

The wall made of profile bricks is a nice addition as it breaks up the monotony of the front end and gives the effect of blinds or something similar inside.

Thanks 'Kivi', this is one of the few buildings in New Mannum that is just a flight of fancy...so it's not actually based off any real coffee shop.....though I'm taking inspiration from the Coffee Chain shop from The Lego Movie.....keep watching ! :wink:

Nice floor. The use of green and white is fun, too..!

Thanks 'TenorPenny', actually the colours I used was the one's I had most at hand......plus a little luck I brought some parts a few weeks back. :wink:

Thanks 'eurotrash' and 'Ophrys', I don't mind at all if people use my ideas at all......I like to share ! :classic:

Now that, my friend, is a great way to catch my attention. I have an account for no more than ten minutes, and I see this. That is absolutley astonishing. I love the checkered floor, and the bricks are classy and modern. Again, absolutley great!

Thanks 'BrickmanJ', and it's your first post.....welcome to EB ! :classic:

I might have to make those cakes now eh ? :blush:

Edit - Cakes are done.....

000000_coffee_shop_94.jpg

Here is how it might look with the coffee shop is included in my latest mega creation.....

000000_coffee_shop_95.jpg

Edited by lightningtiger

Dammit this is good.

Im so amased with how you make small builds look so damn detailed.

So freaking well done this build. Oh, but as mentioned. More interior !! :P

Thanks again 'LEGO Family', perhaps some outdoor seating could be arranged.....still I must leave room for vehicles to move about and there's the car wash to go yet......looks like a four 48x48 base plate job now.....ouch my wallet ! :laugh:

I'll try and add more later today, but now I'm off to work.....keep watching ! :classic:

Great work 'lightningtiger'! I just returned from a hiatus and this is one of the first MOCs I've seen. Love the brick walls, looking forward to an update :thumbup:

Great work 'lightningtiger'! I just returned from a hiatus and this is one of the first MOCs I've seen. Love the brick walls, looking forward to an update :thumbup:

Thanks 'Dat Lego', I'm waiting on some parts.....in fact a lot of parts to finish a mega build of which this coffee shop is part of......better keep watching ! :grin:

Great work LT! Love the SNOT roof and also the colour combination which seems to be unusual but works very well in my opinion. Keep it up! :thumbup:

Thanks 'ER0L', the colour combo was due to the fact.....cash flow issues, but I haven't finished with it yet some roof trim I forgot about is coming plus I've started plating the mega MOC up - there's just enough room for a car wash......keep watching ! :wink:

Very classic minimal on the outside and fab on the inside. You could possibly turn this into a Subway

Maybe later down the track 'edmau5'.....keep watching anyway !

Great Bay Marie! Looks fantastic. Oi Oi Oi.

Thanks 'gavralcraw', this coffee shop is going to be revamped into an actual truck stop/roadhouse diner shortly.....keep watching ! :wink: