10243 Parisian Restaurant Poll  

311 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Delectable (Superb)

Have heard rumors that this is already being sold somewhere. Has anyone heard anything and where it might be available? We would love to build this modular over the Christmas holiday. Thanks!

Okay, so my wife had to go to the Apple store at the mall. While she was at the much maligned 'genius bar'---at least by Sheldon Cooper---I strolled on down to the Lego store. No new info on the PR. It ain't there and they don't know when it will be. Proceeded on to a Starbucks for a cafe mocha. End of story.

Certainly looking forward to buying and building this. This is already budgeted in next month's paycheck. With two other modulars to build for Christmas, it will not be too difficult to wait until a week or so later. I just hope they will not run out on the first day they are made available and end up with a late January expected ship date. Judging by the reviews on this set and the response in message boards, this appears to be a potentially very popular and sought after set.

The pull-down bed reminds me of the LEGO-style apartment I once saw on Youtube:

It inspires me to create a vignette of a compact apartment. :)

Thanks for the kinda sorta update on status of Parisian Cafe…guess we'll need some new initials because Palace Cinema if I recall is nicknamed PC? How about ParC? Does that offend anyone anywhere?

Or is it officially the Parisian Restaurant, in which case it could be nicknamed PR….duh, do we already have one of these?

Would be great to hear when it might be available so we could figure out our holiday cash flow and have enough left to buy it when it does arrive.

Thanks for the kinda sorta update on status of Parisian Cafe…guess we'll need some new initials because Palace Cinema if I recall is nicknamed PC? How about ParC? Does that offend anyone anywhere?

Or is it officially the Parisian Restaurant, in which case it could be nicknamed PR….duh, do we already have one of these?

Would be great to hear when it might be available so we could figure out our holiday cash flow and have enough left to buy it when it does arrive.

Cash flow? We're in America. Who needs cash? Charge it. Irresponsible use of credit cards is a right.

Cash flow? We're in America. Who needs cash? Charge it. Irresponsible use of credit cards is a right.

See it as an investment in pleasure and fun! Some things in live you just have to buy, like toiletpaper, food, water and Lego.....

I'm not sure where you saw it referred to as Parisian Cafe but it's Parisian Restaurant. So our current short-hand system still works. :) Maybe LEGO uses the same system and we can use it to figure out the next modular? <crazy>

10243_box3_na.jpg

Edited by badbob001

Okay, so I'll gladly admit that I'm not jumping up and down complimenting the design of the PR. With that said, as a VIP member how soon can I buy this? I've been told Dec 13, Dec 16 and Jan 1. Any definitive answer? I need a new object for my sarcasm and the PR will work nicely. :-)

Thanks and happy whatever holiday works for you......

Edited by Off the wall

Today I asked in my local LEGO-Store and they told me they have the strict directive to not sell it before January 1.! :cry_sad::cry2::cry3:

I assume, as no one else has said anything lately, that the VIP early sale day is not going to happen?

Disappointing, but my wallet thanks you.

Still 4 days until the 16th, who knows! When I asked TLG customer support about the restaurant beeing not findable through the search in the Shop at Home site, I also asked for the early release for VIPs on Dec. 16th.

The answer could have been, the official release date is January 1st, but instead, their answer was, we cannot communicate, bla bla bla... The release date (jan 1st) was known and published.... So I still have some hope...

Edit: It says right now on S@H "Order by midnight 16th December for delivery in time for Christmas! - Based on standard delivery" another hint it might pop-up on the 16th...

Edited by SwissBrick

Okay, I just got off the phone with the local Lego store. For whatever it means, they told me official release date is January 1st and they haven't been informed by corporate of any early VIP release date.

For what it's worth........

I wonder if it might just be a S@H early VIP offer? Sometimes the Lego Store people do not have the knowledge of things that we do. When I bought PC a few months ago, it was up to me to remind them that there was a free sticker offer to go along with it. The employee had to ask someone else where the stickers might be. As for the release of PR, it appears we have two possibilities:If a 16th online purchase date does occur, I may have to use the credit card and VIP points (since payday has yet to arrive) :hmpf_bad: The alternative is that it really is Jan 1 in stores and online without exceptions. My family will think I am staying up New Year's Eve to watch the new year come in while in reality I am waiting for the exact second for the purchase to be made. Either way, something tells me that you would want to buy this right when it comes available otherwise you may have to wait a while.

If it is available on the 16th i'll buy it because then i can build it during the Christmas holidays... if it is available on january 1, then there is no urgent need to order it at once...... It would make the sad and dark first month of the newyear a bit brighter though....Well, anyway...i hate waiting...... :sceptic:

Well, when you are like me and always one Modular/exclusive behind, waiting isn't that big of a deal. Thankfully the expensive exclusives take a while before they are retired, so I'm not as urgent with them. Most of the regular sets, I try to get right away just in case. But it would be neat to have this built right away. I much prefer this to the Cinema, but I want to get them all so I might as well get them in order to avoid risking missing out on one.

Yeah I am disappointed also. All exclusives recently came with a prerelease for VIP's...

I really was hoping to build this with Christmas...

It is a shame the PR cannot at least be preordered. That way, everyone who orders is guaranteed one in a timely fashion, and Lego gets some idea of what demand is going to be like for the set. I will be staying up for New Years Eve, but not necessarily for the purpose of seeing 2013 go to 2014.

I'm very disappointed there wasn't an early release for VIP's. This was all I had on my Christmas list, and was hoping to build it during the holidays.

Might take a trip to Glasgow (the nearest LEGO store) on 1st/2nd January. Or maybe just order online.

I'm very disappointed there wasn't an early release for VIP's. This was all I had on my Christmas list, and was hoping to build it during the holidays.

Yeah, I had it on my list, too. Now I don't even know if I will buy it the first...

Maybe TLG just figures it can make its holiday numbers without putting the PR and new Maersk ship up for sale. I suppose with those two products AFOLs will give TLG a nice sales boost to start the new year. Of course, I don't know what their accounting periods are. At least if we have to wait until January 1, there should be a decent inventory on hand when we order.