10243 Parisian Restaurant Poll  

311 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Delectable (Superb)

This must be different door than the one I'm seeing in your pics if it can *actually close* with 1x1 round plates attached to both sides.

You're correct, the doors cannot fully close with the round plate on the closing side. Thanks for the information, I'll add a note about this in the review.

Amazing review dj2005.

This set in my opinion is one of my favorites, exactly what my city needed for quite some time.

I love all those pieces, thanks for the pictures! :classic:

I might buy three of these, one for building, another for the parts, and a third as a gift.

I luv this set! Great review too. Curious tho, i noticed in the picture on the back of its box it does not have the Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium and the Pet shop in it. I wonder if that is an indicator that they may retire them soon?

I luv this set! Great review too. Curious tho, i noticed in the picture on the back of its box it does not have the Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium and the Pet shop in it. I wonder if that is an indicator that they may retire them soon?

Correct me if I'm wrong (don't have all the modulars yet), but I think the back of each modular's box only shows that modular with its two predecessors.

And afaik at least Fire Brigade is being discontinued as we speak, when the stock runs out, that was it. And GE will propably follow soon, at least I read somehwere that GE and FB would be retired together on account of FB having been around so long. Usually for every modular that gets released, the oldest one got retired.

Correct me if I'm wrong (don't have all the modulars yet), but I think the back of each modular's box only shows that modular with its two predecessors.

And afaik at least Fire Brigade is being discontinued as we speak, when the stock runs out, that was it. And GE will propably follow soon, at least I read somehwere that GE and FB would be retired together on account of FB having been around so long. Usually for every modular that gets released, the oldest one got retired.

Yup, i think u r right. I read the same thing somewhere. I just noticed on the back of the Grand Emporium box, there is the Green Grocer, and I think when GE was released, GG got retired.

The Holiday catalog does include the GE and Pet Shop, but not the FB. I would then assume that FB should be the priority for anyone who wants it. My other assumption is that GE and Pet Shop will be around at least through the holidays since they are in the catalog. Once we reach January 2014 and Parisian Restaurant comes out, who knows how long they will remain.

The Holiday catalog does include the GE and Pet Shop, but not the FB. I would then assume that FB should be the priority for anyone who wants it. My other assumption is that GE and Pet Shop will be around at least through the holidays since they are in the catalog. Once we reach January 2014 and Parisian Restaurant comes out, who knows how long they will remain.

Oh! Good observation....didnt know that....thanks!

*snip*

So, there you go. No hard feelings, I hope.

Not at all. Even more with the controvery I/you started, I'm very thankful you DID answer here. :thumbup:

Not at all. Even more with the controvery I/you started, I'm very thankful you DID answer here. :thumbup:

Great! Reasonable people can disagree, especially on something as subjective as design/aesthetics. By the way, I have some non-Lego collectors who really like the modular building set up that I have. I showed pictures of the PR along with three MOCs that are/have been on ebay or on this sit as a MOC (including the outstanding Barnes Noble/ Starbucks that can be seen in another thread).

I asked the three which building they thought was the next Lego release. None of the three picked the PR. Just sayin'........

What a great review on what must be one of the nicest lego-set to come out. I've made myself a promise to not buy a Lego set for me anymore. I guess I'll have to start to not keeping my promisses... My next problem will be wanting to mod it, so I need two of these sets.

At least...

:grin:

I'm thinking of jumping into the modulars and the Parisian Restaurant was going to be at the top of my list.

But it sounds like I should jump on the Fire Brigade ASAP.

If TLG offers triple points this month, I'm going to have to snap it up.

I asked the three which building they thought was the next Lego release. None of the three picked the PR. Just sayin'........

I wonder how much of the appeal might be in new custom. I recently bought my first new (versus retro) Lego for myself since I was a kid: the Fire Brigade modular. I showed it to my wife, and then the rest of the modulars. (Her reaction was basically "so are you going to get all of them?" which was rather nice!) The ones that really caught her eye: PR and the cinema, but especially the PR. I guess it's all pretty subjective, but I really like the restaurant too.

Have heard rumors that this is already being sold somewhere. Has anyone heard anything and where it might be available? We would love to build this modular over the Christmas holiday. Thanks!

Have heard rumors that this is already being sold somewhere. Has anyone heard anything and where it might be available? We would love to build this modular over the Christmas holiday. Thanks!

Great question. I don't even like it, but I can't wait to build it. I've heard that it will be available to VIPs on Dec 13 or Dec 16, heard both. Haven't really questioned which is correct, if either. Guess that since I drive by the Lego store twice a day, I could stop and ask.

However, you probably know about my aversion to malls from my previous posts. :-)

OtW, that is a hilarious response….I hate it but I gotta build it!!!!

Not big on malls either, but I do make an exception for our LEGO store on weekdays midday when there is not much traffic.

I hope that they do make it available early because we love to build stuff on holidays, and this one looks like a winner. May have to purchase two of them to combine into a large building. Let us know if you do manage to hit the brakes at the mall and find out what is up.

Okay, so I'm sitting here watching hockey and drinking a beer. Called the Lego store. Quote....

"We don't have it at the store, don't know when we will get it and haven't been given a sale date for anyone."

He was nice, but couldn't tell me what I wanted to hear. He'll never be a politician. Far too honest....

Note to the person who objected to one of my other posts: use of the word 'politician' does not imply my preference of one form of government over another.

Okay, so I'm sitting here watching hockey and drinking a beer. Called the Lego store.

Most important questions are what kind of beer and who's playing?