Sign in to follow this  
TAFOL

10243 Parisian Restaurant live build

You've read the reviews, now you have the chance to actually see the Parisian Restaurant being built, by members of Lowlug in the Netherlands! As I'm also a member of Lowlug, I just wanted to notify my fellow Eurobrickers that coming sunday 17th november, there will be a livestream of members of Lowlug building the 10243 Parisian Restaurant on a meeting in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.

In case you're wondering what Lowlug is, it's a Netherlands-based web community that aims at uniting Dutch speaking adult (and teenage) LEGO fans. Having been started in 2003, this web community also aims to encourage people to build and show their MOC's, sharing ideas and discussing topics about LEGO. Multiple times a year, members of Lowlug also organize meetings where we all come together and meet in real life instead of only chatting with each other on a computer. Pretty much like Eurobricks.

On November 17, a team of 4 'Lowluggers' will be building the 10243, starting at around 10:00/10:30 a.m. GMT. This will be recorded via webcam and will be streamed live on our website for everyone to see at http://www.lowlug.nl/video.

Please enjoy the watch and let me know what you think of it.

lowlug_logo.png

Yes. Im gonna be watching this over my "morning" coffee.

Thats a great idea for a live broadcast.

I will let you know all of my thoughts afterwards.-

Looking forward to enjoy :)

Are you aware that their aint no sound on your broadcast ?

At least i dont have any ... :/ ( But then again if you are speaking Dutch, i wouldnt be understanding it anyways )

But its fun following so far. :)

We are aware that there isn't any sound. The sound is off, because it kind of doesn't make any sense (it's noisy over here, people are talking), and now we don't have to be so carefull about what we say near the microphone :classic:

Thanks for watching. :sweet:

The set is beautiful!!

Thanks, I was able to catch the last 10 minutes of the broadcast. Can't wait to get this set myself.

Thanks so much for the broadcast!! Great way to spend my Sunday evening. It really looks like a fun build, I can't wait. It also looks great with the other modulars, even if it is slightly shorter...? It works well with MS, minifgs could jump across and have their dinner on the roof :tongue:

Thanks again and happy building :laugh:

It's impressive how Jamie makes a building look much smaller than it actually is. I guess it's because of all the intricate detailing.

Thanks, I was able to catch the last 10 minutes of the broadcast. Can't wait to get this set myself.

You can rewind the video if you want.

Reason i mentioned the sound was that at some points during the build it looked like you were talking to the viewer and that would offcourse have been a cool feature.

The build process was fun watching, but offcourse it was hard looking along really getting involved as a viewer since it was a webcam and you could not zoom to every part of what was being done.

The bricks was offcourse hard to diffrentiate at the distance from the camera.

It was like a sons christmas / birthday where i as a parent really wanted to get involved with the build but wasnt allowed :D :D

However it was overall a fun experience and i loved the diorama you ended up with in the end after having moved the diffrent builds around to make the Parisian resturant fit in the best.

A very good idea for a live stream and i had fun watching it and i am now building on my own town since your show gave me the "craving" to continue on it.

Please do it again whenever you have another chance !!!!! :D

Reason i mentioned the sound was that at some points during the build it looked like you were talking to the viewer and that would offcourse have been a cool feature.

They we're talking to the people behind the camera :laugh: And it would've been fun to hear, but it's also in Dutch :grin:

We thought about adding sound, but it all was set up in impulse. Like "let's do this, this is fun to watch". We have this kind of builds almost every time (mostly the set is brought by one of the members, who also takes it home afterwards), but we never had a set this new.

Please do it again whenever you have another chance !!!!! :D

We'll certainly will think about that, it was a fun experience. We're glad you enjoyed it!

They we're talking to the people behind the camera :laugh: And it would've been fun to hear, but it's also in Dutch :grin:

We thought about adding sound, but it all was set up in impulse. Like "let's do this, this is fun to watch". We have this kind of builds almost every time (mostly the set is brought by one of the members, who also takes it home afterwards), but we never had a set this new.

We'll certainly will think about that, it was a fun experience. We're glad you enjoyed it!

True. Fortunately I made a photo serie during the build, for more details.

Enjoy!

Wooow .... Now it makes perfect sense to me that you didnt have any sound during the livefeed. I didnt have any idea that you were building in front of a live audience also.

I did notice that a photographer were taking pictures along ( being you i know now ) .... They are great and thanks for posting them here also. I was hoping that you guys would do that.

As i mentioned it was a great event. I might think that my comments can come across looking quite harsh sometimes. But i never have any negative in between the lines unless i really mention them as negtive.

What im trying to say is that i loved your event it was such fun watching while i was sitting in front of my own town in progress and i hope you wil do it again as mentioned. Love the pictures !!

Thanks for a great live build :classic:

Edited by LEGO Family

That's hilarious, they're building so quickly!! :grin: But it's very cool! I also have an overwhelming urge to buy minifigures..... Possibly the subliminal flashes of the minifig caused that :tongue:

Once again thanks for the broadcast and the video :classic: