CM4Sci

LEGO The Hobbit Videogame

I just hope this game releases 1-3 months after the Lego Movie Game, because it will be overkill for the parents buying these games for their kids, if this game comes out the same week or the week after as the Lego Movie Game.

Well according to EB Games Australia The Lego movie game is to be released in March and The Hobbit game is to be released in August.

EB released the Pre-Order -Mexican Emmet- towards the middle of December - I think- So I think we may see the Hobbit Pre-Order exclusives popping up around April-May?

@SandMirror38: Thanks for the information! :thumbup: The new release date makes much more sense, releasing both the LEGO Movie game and the Hobbit game within a month as was previously rumored would have been quite a dumb move from a marketing standpoint :tongue: Too bad though that the reveal of LEGO Smaug has now been delayed, he surely won't be shown on some random screenshots (especially when the game version is the same as the version we're hopefully getting in of the TABA sets) :hmpf_bad:

Okay, now it sort of makes sense, an August release would coincide with the original July release of TABA. Though by that logic it should cover all three movies. :wacko:

Thanks for the information! :thumbup:

No problem :wink: I'm just as keen about this game as everyone :tongue:

The only Hobbit game I've ever played is this...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hobbit_(2003_video_game) :sick:

And that's even more unloyal to the story then PJs version!

So supposedly there's a special edition of this game....

No news on whats 'special' bout it...

New thing bout the game i'm looking forward to is that you can customise Ponies and Wargs! :wub:

I hope this one is better then LEGO LotR because the last one of some problems.

Yesterday i gotten all the achievement on Lord of the Ring and i hope i get all in this one as well.

And according to Amazon Germany, the release date is April 4th, for both versions.

How in the world is it going to be special, what are we going to get just one minifigure and a small DLC that is nothing then just more characters. If that the Special Edition then i just going to get the non-special edition game.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

lego_hobbit_bonusLG.jpgLego_Hobbit__FOB.jpg

This is the minifig for the special edition of the game and the new game cover.

Im not sure if the minifig is only for the gamestop special edition or for the amazon se as well. But there where no different minifigs with the Lego LOTR special editions so why should there be any now.

That's an awesome cover! Too bad Smaug looks kind of pitiful. :tongue:

Too bad Smaug looks kind of pitiful. :tongue:

Agreed. After how big and brick-built the Watcher in the Water was in the first game, I would've expected Smaug to be much larger and sculpted from bricks. (Or does TT know something we don't about upcoming sets? I haven't been paying attention to LoTR/Hobbit set news.)

(Or does TT know something we don't about upcoming sets?)

Maybe they're trying to deceive us by making us think Smaug is pitiful so we'll be impressed when they put out the sets. :look:

... Eb games....

Release date for Lego Movie Video Game: 3rd of April

Release date for Lego Hobbit Video Game:

16th of April

/facepalm

... Eb games....

Release date for Lego Movie Video Game: 3rd of April

Release date for Lego Hobbit Video Game:

16th of April

/facepalm

Tell me about it. I bought the Lego Movie game off Amazon.co.uk for PS3. Even though I've only even able to play through a few levels without spoiling the movie, I'm glad I'm circumvented the ridiculous delay dictated to us Aussies.

Tried the demo and it was a little chaotic (you're constantly swamped by goblins) and some of the "double-up" teamwork options seem a bit clunky, particularly with two players. It's definitely more complex than the DC/Marvel games. Not necessarilly a bad thing but something to take into account if you're planning on playing with younger kids.

Any chance of this demo hitting the PSN Store this week?

Edited by ChrisW

Hah I love the style on that, complete departure from Tolkien-style obviously but it's fun.

A few interesting screenshots:

(ok well, here's one. 58k file upload restriction? ouch...)

post-121328-0-93372300-1394057282_thumb.jpg

Anyone know the IDs on these guys? Assuming one is Dain? In the trailer it appears they're playable characters.

Edited by bachamn

Thats just a younger version of the dwarf company at the battle for Moria. (Don't know if that's the official name...) Anyway the battle where Thorin cuts Azog's hand off. Plausibly the first level from the game, similar to the LotR game where the first level was also a flashback sequence.

hah yeah, I read that in the Hobbit sets forum literally 30 seconds after posting this. thanks though :)

LEGO-Der-Hobbit-Charakter-Pack-1-DLC._SX500_.jpgLEGO-Der-Hobbit-Charakter-Pack-2-DLC._SX500_.jpgLEGO-Der-Hobbit-Ausruestungs-Pack-DLC._SX500_.jpg

I dont know if that has been posted somwhere (in the LEGO hobbit sets 2014 thread for example...) if so, im sorry