fred67

3rd Party Metal Track Revisited.

So... what's going on?

Big Ben's Page is dated from January, 2013: "Please check back for further updates in the coming months." Is 11 of them enough to wait to nag?

And then ME Models just ran out and hasn't made any more available. I understand they run up against QC issues, which is understandable... but frankly, those ME Model rails worked great for me, I don't understand what the problems could be.

Were there any other alternatives out there? Anybody with any news about Big Ben and ME?

Ive wondered the same thing about BBB track. I at least wished he kept the prototype pictures up. It would have made it seem more active anyway.

Has anyone e-mailed him recently to find out what is happening? I did a few months back as I had also been going there regularly for updates and nothing was happening. I think it was around Easter time though so ages really. There was not any big advance at the time that I could tell anyone about. It maybe worth getting in touch again though. Perhaps he has been moving forwards with the project but does not want to get peoples hopes up by posting pictures and then having to take them down again? However a bit of an update on where the project is would not hurt.

Maybe if a few of us e-mail him he may give an update?

Ive wondered the same thing about BBB track. I at least wished he kept the prototype pictures up. It would have made it seem more active anyway.

There are a few pictures still out there, e.g., in this thread.

Several months I asked them on their Facebook page and they said to keep waiting. My LUG president is apparently in contact with them and is supposed to receive some of the first batches for our train display soon. We've been building train cars that can't handle the official radius in anticipation.