Sign in to follow this  
Fabz

[MoC] V5 (vicViper starfighter 15/11/2013)

Hello,

SO here's my 2nd vic viper .

The main idea and starting point is the windscreen. This is an idea I had months ago , but for a neo classic space starfighter (a moc I'll certainly build later)

10870555643_36293fa446_z.jpg

10870563183_ce06c56252_z.jpg

10870240165_e9d823c8f3_z.jpg

10870253895_0798c27581_z.jpg

10870416154_2987de6c14_z.jpg

10870328646_ee9efb3b1a_z.jpg

10870327295_e04ba1c800_z.jpg

10870236806_96f1b9b89c_z.jpg

10870316934_804d317c8c_z.jpg

A third one is already finished too, photos at the end of this month

Great work, very well detailed :thumbup: :thumbup: It quite remember me the Rifter from EVE Online :grin:

That windshield is fantastic.

I love how you didn't go easy on the greebles :wub:

Great work, very well detailed :thumbup: :thumbup: It quite remember me the Rifter from EVE Online :grin:

Thanks I didn't know that game but I 've checked and indeed it has maybe the bad look of this rifter (and the big prongs)

@Simon Tom Draiknova : Thank you. I want to use this kind of windscreen for other mocs

How did you get the curve shape of the windscreen and how did you maintain the shape?

This windscreen is made of trans-orange plate , not tiles

In fact you just have to fit together the parts but not totally , so that you can get the curve you want.

Then I took the wedge part

50956.gif

and "bent" that windscreen with precision so that it fits exactly the shape of the wedge.

Once it's done it's very solid! It doesn't move . The cockpit is fixed on the body with this hinge because I wanted to have access to the cockpit

3937c01.gif

Nothing hard to do , the only "annoying" thing was I had to build a 3studs width cockpit to fit exactly the windscreen

Edited by Fabz

The windscreen looks great. It's a good job the droid pilot doesn't need to see out thanks to all his sensors and wot not - so he can have a cool looking stripey windshield instead :)

Shot 7 has a really nice shape too, with that 45 degree tail fin.

Thanks again everyone. :sweet:

Well I have alreday experimented this windscrenn technic but in a simple way with this moc:

9215577644_73646a628c.jpg

9215594220_9bce02f65e_n.jpg

(Check my flickr for other pics)

Edited by Fabz

Sweet build. The windscreen is excellent and the whole thing is very evocative and cohesive. It really makes me curious as to the "culture" of the builders of such a ship. I was surprised it fit a pilot, and more surprised (in hindsight, I shouldn't have been) that it was a droid.

Superb - The length of the ship and its unflinching brutal symmetry really disturb me, but I think that's absolutely intentional. So: Awesome.

Thanks guys

It really makes me curious as to the "culture" of the builders of such a ship

To cut a long story short :

Well I grew up with star wars as many kids in the 80's. But the things that really marked me was the book " great space battles"

912230.jpg

This was my brother's book and I always looked at the artworks for hours , and I remember I even tried many times to build spaceship and starfighter from this book. I was 7 years old

Other influences , even if it's simplistic , what we call japanese culture : video games , and of course especially shoot em up , mangas and animes (cyberpunk)