Pandora

Expand the Winter Village Contest IV

Very technically interpreted that's what it means, yes. The rule is there so you don't have to worry about going a stud outside of your 16 x 16 base with, for example, a roof, flag or tree branch.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I started building yesterday.. and I really like the fact that it should be a small build. I'm always building to large and find my self in the position of not enough bricks :-) So hopefully I can upload an entry soon!

Little late, but looking for a clearifiction. The rules state that you can use multiple 8x8 modules.

Do the 8x8 modules have to be arranged in a 16x16, or can they be arranged in an L or T shape like...

8x8-8x8-8x8

8x8

Or

8x8-8x8-8x8

8x8

Thanks,

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Do the 8x8 modules have to be arranged in a 16x16, or can they be arranged in an L or T shape like...

If the modules can't be separated, the maximum width or depth is 16 studs, so the examples you give (if they're "permanently" attached like that) are not allowed.

If the modules can't be separated, the maximum width or depth is 16 studs, so the examples you give (if they're "permanently" attached like that) are not allowed.

Thanks, I will rework my design to fit into a 16x16.

Andy D

Am I allowed to separate my entry into a 12 x 12 module, a 12 x 8 module and a 4 x 4 module?

Edited by JoashColbat

Am I allowed to separate my entry into a 12 x 12 module, a 12 x 8 module and a 4 x 4 module?

When combined they can't fit into the maximum space of 16 x 16. I think the rules are pretty clear on this. They even list the allowed configurations.

Entries must be 16x16 in size, however overhang of one stud is permissible. The 16x16 space may be divided up into multiples of 8x8 modules (i.e., one 16x16 module, two 8x16 modules, one 8x16 and two 8x8 modules, or four 8x8 modules).

Are we allowed to use cotton to represent steam or smoke?

Only LEGO elements and (custom) decals are allowed. Again, I think the rules are clear on this.

No need to be so annoyed, never thought a bit of cotton in a lego mug for instance would be such an issue, but fine i wouln't participate then!

No need to be so annoyed, never thought a bit of cotton in a lego mug for instance would be such an issue, but fine i wouln't participate then!

I'm not annoyed, but I'm sorry if I came across like that. I think part of the challenge is to restrict yourself to using LEGO only. Besides, I don't think a bit of cotton in a LEGO mug will make or break your entry.

When combined they can't fit into the maximum space of 16 x 16. I think the rules are pretty clear on this. They even list the allowed configurations.

Only LEGO elements and (custom) decals are allowed. Again, I think the rules are clear on this.

Oh well then. Thanks for the quick reply. Now I'll just have to find the 16 x 16 plate I have lying around somewhere... ;)

Use a white plume if you can. Just an idea.

I'm all done, but will have to wait for tomorrow morning for better photos. So I shall see you all in eight hours time. Its been a lot of fun this year especially realizing how much can happen inside a 16x16 space!

That's a great entry with great prizes and even great entries so far! :thumbup:

Thanks Pandora! :classic:

This year I had more time than the previous three years. And so I of cours took the time to build a nice entry to be able participate. I posted my entry http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=90183.

Happy New Year! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Hi

I've been trying all evening to upload my entry. I've taken the photos on my Ipad but it keeps saying file is too big to upload. Is there anything I can do to fix this. I posted an entry in the first Winter Village contest, but not since. Iv'e now added the pics to my flickr account

Many thanks

Jacob

Happy New Year to everyone and thank you so much to everyone who entered the competition. :sweet: We have a record number of entries this year, with some very original ideas for expanding the Winter Village Market. Expect a voting thread to be up in the coming days.

To all entrants: Please make sure that the first picture in your thread is the one you like to be used for the voting thread.

Quick question: Why does my entry not have "(contest entry)" like the rest? Does it not meet the specifications?

Did you forget to put it in the title?

I don't believe you NEEDED to, but you probably just forgot. It's fine.

-Sci

Quick question: Why does my entry not have "(contest entry)" like the rest? Does it not meet the specifications?

It wasn't a requirement. Some people started doing it and others followed. Your entry qualifies.

It's really amazing to see all these entries to the 2013 WV contest.

Remember the resistance to the changed conditions at the beginning. But I am glad the contest was changed. It's so nice to see all these creative and original entries. Some entries contain the same idea, but interpreted in different ways. And it really shows that small MODs can be based on great ideas.

Good luck to all contestants! No-one mentioned, no-one forgotten.

Remember the resistance to the changed conditions at the beginning. But I am glad the contest was changed. It's so nice to see all these creative and original entries. Some entries contain the same idea, but interpreted in different ways. And it really shows that small MODs can be based on great ideas.

Thanks, this was exactly what we were aiming for. :sweet:

Vote away! Be sure to read the voting rules carefully.

Great contest. A lot of great entries this year. Good luck to everyone. I wonder what next year will have in store for us...

Great contest and thanks a lot for organizing it.

Sadly, but understandably, there were only 5 points to give away so too many wonderful entries had to be axed from my not so short list of potential winners.

People who I did not vote for, blame the lack of available points not your building skills.

May one vote for one's own entry? My apologies if this is a dumb question; I'm not too familiar with voting-based contests. I remember it being prohibited in the first Eurobricks contest I entered, but I didn't notice it stated this time. Thanks!