Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#87: The Marketplace Mystery

Thalion looked at Monk, "I tried to use my cloak to scan him, but he wouldn't let me."

He paused for a moment and continued, "I honestly dont know if there is any hard proof for anyone to be convicted for the crime. However, I tend to agree with Avalanche, Watsup started looking guilty the more we went on with the case. He even started going hostile towards Warlock, in the last couple of hours, which I couldn't possibly figure out why. It is easy to see a possible motive for that, since he is still stuck doing the dirty work, while the detective does his job - so he could have made a crime spree happen since the person stuck with solving it wouldn't be able to do it, and he spiced it with the cherries being at every crime scene, aside from the other stuff found there. Honestly, I find it hard to believe any self respecting thief would carry his favorite desert on the crime, so they had to be planted by someone who knew how to shift the blame. The stolen things could be anywhere by now, only the culprit knows for sure, and as for the Buffon Hat, he could even have slipped it to Warlock to make him look incompetent. It is possible we got this wrong, and it was a group effort, but someone had to spearhead the whole thing, and it is likely to be someone who knows how things are done in the crime department..."

OOC: Sorry my internet got buggy and I couldn't post for a while back there. :sceptic:

"Also, articles from these four," I wave in the direction of the four weird suspects, "were found in the different storehouses, when they had no reason for being there. I questioned a couple of them about it, but they seem to have no interest in answering which would appear to implicate them in the guilt."

Thalion looked at Monk, "I tried to use my cloak to scan him, but he wouldn't let me."

"That's why I was using the Shackles of War on him."

"I also just remembered this:"

"Hiya, handsome! You mean, like, yesterday? I use this basket, like, every day to take out the carbage. But you should totally know that by now, since that creepy guy hangs out at the dustbins like all the time." The girl points at Watsap.

"It could be nothing, but is it possible that the loot is hidden in the dustbins? And Watsap was keeping guard?"

Edited by Palathadric

...and as for the Buffon Hat, he could even have slipped it to Warlock to make him look incompetent.

Avalanche nods in agreement, "I suggested that a while back, when we first found out that the hat had been stolen."

He then hears Pretzel's suggestion, "That's a great idea! Lieutenant, may we check the dustbins?"

"Unfortunately, given our time constraints, i highly doubt it will be acknowledged...."

I give a slight bow to Serevan, fffering my hand for a handshake.

"How do you do, Serevan? Ultimately, I'd have to agree with the other heroes... Watsap is the only indiviudal that would truly have a motive. There was no reason for him to suddenly turn on Hoples - he seemed able to connect the dots plenty quickly, and likely had already once-overed the photos."

"Yeah, check the dustbins and you will get your stuff back."

heroicanpc-serevan.jpg

"Your case against Watsap is convincing. Lilith, would you mind checking the dustbins with the merchants to see if you can find any of the stolen items there? Meanwhile, I would like to hear what you have to say for yourself, Private Watsap."

heroicaquest87-watsap1.jpg

"Grrr... You and the entire Town Watch can go to hell to suck off Azazot for all I care! I have worked my butt off for you, yet you promote a young upstart over me just because he's oh-so-smart and pretty! Yes, I did it! I organized this whole burglary to make sure this would be Warlock's first and last case. Didn't y'all see how incompetent he was the whole time? Those heroes did all the work by themselves, while our super sleuth scratched his head, oblivious to everything. You made a huge mistake in making him the detective, and I at least managed to prove that. I never thought I could frame him just with the cherries, I just wanted to lead him off."

At that moment Lieutenant Etenent and the shopkeepers returned.

heroicanpc-lilith.jpg

"Sorry to say we found nothing but trash from the dustbins. Where did you hide the stolen items, Private Watsap?"

Watsap lets out a deep sigh, takes off his ridiculous hat and turns it over. One by one all five of the stolen objects drop out of it.

heroicaquest87-marketplace5.jpg

heroicaquest87-watsap2.jpg

"Look, the hat is bigger on the inside! There's your precious trinkets! I was going to give them back anyway. It's not as if that moron could have ever found them, even with the bunch of clowns he hired."

For the first time, Warlock's expression changed from confusion to anger.

heroicanpc-warlock2.jpg

"I cannot believe you did this to me, Watsap! All those evenings we spent together at the barracks, with you teaching me how to become a good watchman. I thought you were my friend! You were the reason I performed so splendidly on the field! I owe all thanks to this promotion to you - but I never asked for this! Why didn't you just say you felt betrayed by me?! I would've recommended you to take over my position in the blink of an eye! Instead you lead me off and tarnished my name. I can't believe this!"

Watsap stays silent, but shame flashes on his face.

heroicanpc-serevan.jpg

"Alright, I think we will continue this at the barracks. Good shopkeepers, do you have any demands for a punishment to Watsap?"

heroicanpc-anwylsmokebeard.jpg

"I think I speak for all of us when I say it's better you solve this issue by yourself. We want no trouble with the Town Watch."

The other merchants nod as they gather their stolen belongings. The crowd around them begins to scatter as well.

heroicanpc-serevan.jpg

"Very well, then we shall see what Captain Cousland has to say about your behaviour, private. And Detective Hoples, after you've finished here I want to see you at my office."

As his former colleague is being taken away, Warlock turns to the heroes.

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Thank you for getting to the bottom of this sad case, dear heroes. I'm not confident I get to keep my job after this, but I'll be satisfied even if I return to patrolling the streets. But you six certainly are worthy of the title of a Super Sleuth. And as I had already agreed with the shopkeepers, they have promised to show you how to become an artisan once you are sufficiently experienced. Umm... Was that all?"

~THE QUEST IS SUCCESSFUL!~

Party:

fb957f5f-eb76-4fed-ab00-fcf7d3e8445a_zps36439132.jpg

Avalanche (Dragonfire)

29 years old male yeti Barbarian

Level 8
*Natural Respite*

Power:
(8+5)

Health:
14/14
(8 + 6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Trollsbane (club, WP:5,
earth
-elemental)

Inventory:
Potion, Bottle of Mead, Smoke Bomb, Venom, Phoenix Essence, Pumpkin Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Bone

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal
,The Ghostbuster
(Eric-Su)

32 year old male Sorcerer.

Level 17
*Immune
to
Sealed

Power:
(17+9)
(
Spellpower:
(17+9+5)
)

Defense:

Health:
25/25
(5+16+4)

Ether:
28/28
(5+16+1+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Rawr (WP:9), Spellbound Gloves (Spellpower +5, handwear) Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, Immune to Sealed

Inventory:
Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Lovelorn Wand (WP 6, deals
Enamored
effect),
Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes),
Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear),
Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Health Core, Tonic, Grand Tonic, Grand Potion, Ether Core, Remedy, Elixir, Smelling Salts, Mead, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, Shovel.

paladin_pretzel_2.jpg

Monk Pretzel
(Palathadric) *Party Leader*

463-year-old male "hermit" Paladin

Level:
23 1/3

Power:
23 + 15
(+5, In the Front Row)

Defense:
9 (+5, in the Back Row)

Health:
44/44
9 + 11 + 22 + 2

Ether:
32/32
5 + 1 + 22 + 4

Gold:

Equipment:
Conspirator (WP; 15; deals "Blinded" effect; Longsword), Fashionable Shield (SP:7), Strategist's Shako (Suitable for anyone, +5 power while in the front row, +5 SP while in the back, headwear), Ethereal Cloak (Backwear; SP:2; Max Ether +4), Shackles of War (prevents anyone from fleeing battles; accessory)

Inventory:
The Muckraker (WP: 13;
Earth
Water
Wood
; deals "Weakened" effect; Greatsword), Heavy Flail (WP: 5; deals "Fragile" effect; Mace), Dual staff (WP:8;
Ice
Lightning
; Dual Strike), Flying Cross (WP:6;
Darkness
Fire
Wind
; Broomstick), Steak (WP:1, instantly kills vampires on successful hits, suitable for all), Impervious Shield (SP: 5; grants immunity to Fire), Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear), Soothing Slippers (Footwear, Meditate restores 5 ether),
Diamond
, Scroll of Blinding, Scroll of Sealing, Potion (2), Grand Potion (4), Ether Core (2), Remedy (5), Soma, Smelling Salts (2), Phoenix Essence (2), Phoenix Incense, Neutralizer, Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), Venom (4), Deadly Venom (5), Paralyzing Venom (2), Smoke Bomb (2), Bone (3), Rito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle), Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magic Shovel
(will always find
something
when used, limited to three uses per quest)
, Magnificent Magniscope (Magnifying Glass/Telescope)

V916GDK.jpg

Sorrow
(Endgame)

428 years old undead Assassin

Level 25 1/3
*Immune to
Light
and Blinded*

Power:
(25+27+1)

Defense:

Health:
36/36
(7+24+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP: 27
Ice
and
Darkness
Elemental), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear), Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded; headwear)

Inventory:
Longsword (WP: 5), Armor of the Croise (SP: 1, +2 power; bodywear), Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians), Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for Rangers and their Advanced Classes), Grand Potion x5, Health Core x2, Tonic, Ether Core, Remedy x5, Phoenix Essence x3, Venom x2, Deadly Venom, Mead x15, Smelling Salts x15, Nostrum x15, Dragon Scale x1, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, Neutralizer, Disguise Kit (Accessory. Usable by anyone. Allows the user to disguise them self as the opposite gender.),
Root beer
(Restores 10 health, or can be used as a bomb against undead enemies for 20 damage. The Root Beer does not affect non-undead enemies.), Tonic x1, Exterium (Can be used on an enemy to make them Confused and Plagued (15 damage, -1 SP) for 3 rounds), Ambrosia, Shark Jaw Scythe (WP 15/30 vs. Aquatic Monsters)

Amma_ava100.jpg

Stigveladi
"Amma"
Kötturin
, the Ghost Buster, the Krakenwhacker and the Titan Smiter (played by PsyKater)

247 years old dwarven Battle Mage

Level 22 1/3
*Immune to
Sealed
* *Gain triple experience*

Power:
(22+20)

Defense:
(2+3)

Health:
32/32
(5+5+21+1)

Ether:
32/32
(5+1+21+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Ġeofon (WP:20, 4x damage to enemies weak to
Water
axe
), Winged Helmet (+2 SP;
headwear
), Robe of the Archmagi (+3 SP; +5 Ether;
bodywear
), Medal of Glory (Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles;
accessory
)

Inventory:
Wishing Wand (WP:12; each successful hit has ½ chance of inflicting either
asleep
blinded
sealed
- or
confused
-effect, according to what the user wishes;
wand
), Stealth Dagger (WP: 12;
dagger
), Wand of Poking (WP: 10; double WP for physical attacks;
wand
), Dwarven Broomstick (WP: 3;
broomstick
), Enchanted Bracelet (Protects from Sealed effect), Crown of the Sea Kings (gives the wearer +20 SP, +20 max. health and +20 max. ether when fighting at a sea, lake or river;
headwear
), Cat Statuette (
"Grettir"
, +1 HP,
a
ccessory
), Pointy Hat (Suitable for mages and clerics, +2 max ether,
headwear
), Lover's Ring (+2 HP;
a
ccessory
), Spiked Collar (+1 P;
accessory
),
Opal (
Ice
),
Topaz (
Lightning
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Garnet (
Earth
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Ruby (
Fire
), Emerald (
Wood
),
Scroll of Inspiration,
Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening
, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep,
2x Titan Heart (Grants
encouraged
- and
inspired
-effects when consumed), 2x Kraken Fang (grants
hastened
- and
reinforced
-effects when consumed),
5x Potion,
4x Tonic,
3x Grand Potion,
2x Grand Tonic,
3x Remedy,
4x Phoenix Incense,
4x Mead, 4x Nostrum, 6x Venom, 3x Dirt Bomb, 8x Water Bomb, Fire Bomb,
Skeleton Decoy, 2x Bone,
Bedroll, Shovel,
1x Silver Ore (worth 60 gold),Gold Bar (worth 50 gold)

1aa.jpg

Thalion Dwinlas (-obelix-)

213 years old male elf Sorcerer

Level:
22 1/3
*Immune to
Fragile
Sealed,
Poisoned
and
Badly Poisoned

Power:
(22 + 13)

Defense
: 7
(3 + 4)

Health:
30/30
(5 + 21 + 4)

Ether:
32/32
(5 + 21 + 1 + 5)

Gold
: 2

Equipment:
Alpha and Omega (WP:13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether, staves), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5,
Immunity to
Se
aled,
bodywear
),
Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to
Fragile,
headwear
)
, Sterile Gloves (
Immunity to
Poisoned
and
Badly Poisoned,
handwear
)

Inventory
:

Gems:
Zirconia (Gem containing all elements; cannot be merged into equipment), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Topaz (
Lightning
)

Scrolls:
Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening
, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep

Weapons:
Sleeper (WP:5, deals
Asleep
to enemies it hits, Hollow Upgrade [Grand Potion stored], melee/throwing weapon), Ratsbane (WP:10, absorbs 2 health on successful hits, dagger), Batarang (WP:13,
darkness
-elemental, throwing weapon),

Artifacts:
Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to
Magic
and
Healing
headwear
), Cloak of Espionage (Allows the wearer to examine enemy stats before a battle,
backwear
), Snake Eye Charm (Protects from
Petrified
-effect,
accessory
), Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear),

Tools
: Magic Compass,
Shovel,
Bedroll

Consumables:
Copy of
The Eubric Herald
(Gives the target the
transcended
- and
inspired
- effects for the duration of one battle), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (3), Phoenix Essence, Elixir, Health Core, Potion, Grand Potion (3), Grand Tonic, Tonic, Ether Core, Remedy (2), Smoke Bomb, Bone

QM Note: Thank you for participating on this oddball quest, everyone! Hope you had fun! You can still tie up any loose ends you want to, but otherwise you are free to enter the Hall again.

Thalion nodded and bowed at the detective and his superiors, "It was my pleasure to help you with this definitely strange case. I dont know what your plans for the future are, but I wish you the best of luck. Now, Amma, I am both glad and sorry I didn't get to see you use all the new gems and scrolls but I figure it is for the better. If you dont mind, I'll take them back now, who knows, I might need to loan them again to some young mage next time..." He finishes with a smile and turn towards the party. "I plan on going to the Merry Mermaid and returning the turtle to its owner, would anyone care to join me?"

OOC: Thank you Sandy! :sweet: The last bit is strictly for roleplaying purposes - you don't need to do anything, I just wanted to follow though with Thalion and the Turtle business. :classic:

Avalanche glares at Watsap, "Good riddance, slimeface." He turns to Thalion, "I'd love to help, but I really must get back to the Hall- I have an appointment to keep. Goodbye and thanks- I enjoyed questing with you. The same goes for the rest of you." He smiles at all his fellow heroes (even Pretzel), and then turns on his heel and heads out of the Marketplace.

OOC: Thanks for an awesome quest, Sandy!

Edited by Dragonfire

OOC: Thank you Sandy! :sweet: The last bit is strictly for roleplaying purposes - you don't need to do anything, I just wanted to follow though with Thalion and the Turtle business. :classic:

QM Note: I actually have every intention to let you visit Merry Mermaid. It was a planned sidequest, after all. I'll just wait and see who wants to come along. :wink:

"I wish you all the best, Detective. Be more confident about yourself and I am sure we will hear from you as super sleuth."

Amma sees Elphaba packing her things, so she hurries to reach her in time. She leaves the group without another word.

I can merely give a judgemental look as Watsap comes clean. I raise an eyebrow as several items, each bigger than the last, pour out of his hat - how was that even possible?

"It truly is a shame that he did that... I hgighly doubt its going to help the Kobold's place in Eubric, that is for sure.

Been a pleasure working with you all."

I give a slight bow.

"Even you, monk."

I stare at the wriggling turtle in Thalion's hands.

"The Merry Mermaid really isn't an establishment I'd like to be seen in... I have already got in several barfights in my Heroica careeer, and I don't think you need my appearance to set off another.

I'll be seeing you all soon, heroes. Til' then."

With that final remark, I jam my hands in my pockets, and tread back to the hall. This was one of the more mundane quests, to be sure, but sometimes it was nice to simply have a quick day in work. Maybe I'll finally be able to catch up on my prayers.

"I plan on going to the Merry Mermaid and returning the turtle to its owner, would anyone care to join me?"

"Eh? Sure, I'll go with you since none of the rest of the party seem up for it. Merry Mermaid, hmm...a ship? It sure sounds like a ship's name. By the way, where are you from Mister...er...may I be reminded of your name again?"

"Sorry to say we found nothing but trash from the dustbins. Where did you hide the stolen items, Private Watsap?"

"Well, there was never anything there I just wanted to see you digging in the trash," I mutter, with a sly grin.

Watsap lets out a deep sigh, takes off his ridiculous hat and turns it over. One by one all five of the stolen objects drop out of it.

"Well, I'll be! How did he manage to fit all of those items in there?"

"Alright, I think we will continue this at the barracks. Good shopkeepers, do you have any demands for a punishment to Watsap?"

"Don't let him off the hook...on the other hand. He is treacherous sort."

"But you six certainly are worthy of the title of a Super Sleuth. ...Was that all?"

"You can say that again. Perhaps you can show your thanks through your charity to the cause?"

"Goodday to you all. And I hope that slimy horrendous bald creature is taken care of as soon as possible!" The kobold turns around and gives Heckz a sinister look. "Not you, the turtle!"

Heckz heads to the hall.

My curiosity gets the betterof me and once everyone has turned away, I take a bite of the gingerbread man, if he is still around that is.

Thalion bows to Heckz and Avalanche, "It was my pleasure to meet and quest with you." He turns to Sorow, "I dont think it would be a problem if you went with us, it wouldn't be for me anyway, but as you wish. It was nice to be questing with you again." he finishes with a slight bow.

Afterwords he turns to Monk, turtle already in his arms, "Thalion. I am from a small elven domain, on the edges of Murkwood Forest. Yourself?"

He pauses for a bit, "Well I dont know where the name comes from, but it sure suits a ship just as good as it does a tavern."

"You can say that again. Perhaps you can show your thanks through your charity to the cause?"

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Ummm, what cause? Anyway, I need to be on my way. My fate is being decided at the barracks, and I want to be present then. Farewell, dear heroes!"

My curiosity gets the betterof me and once everyone has turned away, I take a bite of the gingerbread man, if he is still around that is.

Monk Pretzel catches the gingerbread man who is running around the marketplace and takes a bite out of him.

heroicaquest87-ginger.jpg

"Ooh, that tickles! Tehehe!"

With his mouth full of tasty gingerbread, Monk Pretzel returns to Thalion and together they head to the tavern named Merry Mermaid. The tavern is popular among the sailors and sea captains, but this early in the morning there's just three patrons present.

heroica-merrymermaid.jpg

The barkeep immediately notices the turtle that Thalion is carrying.

heroicaquest58-cuttler.jpg

"Is that Sheldon?! You have brought him back! How can I thank you, gentlemen?"

The barkeep immediately notices the turtle that Thalion is carrying.

"Is that Sheldon?! You have brought him back! How can I thank you, gentlemen?"

Thalion looks at the turtle, "So your name is Sheldon is it? Thats a very nice name for a turtle..."

"No thanks are necessary, I just wanted to see my little friend returned to his home safely." Thalion takes the turtle and hands it to the bar owner with a smile.

Edited by -obelix-

"No thanks are necessary, I just wanted to see my little friend returned to his home safely." Thalion takes the turtle and hands it to the bar owner with a smile.

Cuttler takes the turtle and strokes its shell.

"Don't worry, Sheldon, you're back home now!" Then the barkeep turns to Thalion and Pretzel. "Come on, let me at least offer you drinks for your trouble! You can tell where you found him while you sit down. What can I get you?"

"Don't worry, Sheldon, you're back home now!" Then the barkeep turns to Thalion and Pretzel. "Come on, let me at least offer you drinks for your trouble! You can tell where you found him while you sit down. What can I get you?"

"Well, I wont say no to a glass of fine wine... We found him in the Marketplace, in one of the shops - while searching for the culprit who was responsible for the recent thefts there. Someone seem to have dropped him there either accidentally or on purpose, I dont know. But when we found him I took him with us, hoping to find him a safe place. Unfortunately, we had no way of communicating with him, so we cant say who stole him or he simply wondered of exploring, but it may comfort you to know that we at least got the person responsible for the thefts at the marketplace - the person who, possibly, stole Sheldon. It was only later that a sailor Nestor, who seems to be a regular here, told us that the turtle disappeared from your tavern. Naturally, when we finished we came here to return Sheldon to you. And do not worry, no harm came to him when he was with us."

"May I ask when was the last time you saw...erm...Sheldon? How long has he been missing? Do you think he could have just wandered all the way there? It would seem odd for somebody to steal him, but then again possibly odder for him to have just gone there by himself.

"Never mind the drink, really, I don't usually drink while on duty."

Would never touch a drink coming from his slimy hands.

"Thalion, is that the Copper Fox sitting there by the Table with that orc? ...and the other man, I could almost swear that I've seen him at the hall at some point as well."

"Well, I wont say no to a glass of fine wine... We found him in the Marketplace, in one of the shops - while searching for the culprit who was responsible for the recent thefts there."

The bartender Cuttler hands Thalion a glass of wine as he listens to his tale.

"That's an interesting story. Looks like my Sheldon has been on a grand adventure."

"May I ask when was the last time you saw...erm...Sheldon? How long has he been missing? Do you think he could have just wandered all the way there? It would seem odd for somebody to steal him, but then again possibly odder for him to have just gone there by himself.

"Never mind the drink, really, I don't usually drink while on duty."

"Suit yourself. Sheldon disappeared four nights ago, just out of the blue. I keep several turtles here for atmospheric purposes, but the patrons usually leave them alone - or suffer a nasty bite. I am glad to have Sheldon back, I think he's the cuddliest of them all. Just don't tell the others that, hehe."

The bartender Cuttler hands Thalion a glass of wine as he listens to his tale.

"That's an interesting story. Looks like my Sheldon has been on a grand adventure."

Thalion nodded, " We all have."

"I am glad to have Sheldon back, I think he's the cuddliest of them all. Just don't tell the others that, hehe."

"For that, I can vouch!" Thalion looks at Sheldon and smiles, "Isn't that right sweetie!?"

"Thalion, is that the Copper Fox sitting there by the Table with that orc? ...and the other man, I could almost swear that I've seen him at the hall at some point as well."

Thalion checks out the bunch at the table and replies to Monk, "Yes it is. And the other two gentlemen are Kukulkan and Dragonlord. I've had the pleasure of meeting them on my very first quest after coming to Eubric."

Oops, forgot to reply to this:

"Thalion. I am from a small elven domain, on the edges of Murkwood Forest. Yourself?"

"I hail from nowhere really. I am still uncertain of my origins. I cannot recall a childhood. I've wandered the lands far and wide. At first, I accepted the wide-held belief that I was a human, but my lifespan seems more that of an elf, from what I've seen. Can't say I don't age though." I chuckle. "I have met a few like me...we are a scattered order, though. There is...never mind.

"Say, do you think we should go and confront the Copper Fox about his Wolfgang dealings? Dragonlord is a veteran too, isn't he? Together with him, we should be able to hold the Copper Fox and the orc for questioning."

I suddenly think back on the events that earned me my reputation with the Wolfgang. "Or...um...perhaps he is not a traitor, but is just infiltrating their ranks..." I trail off. "What do you think, Thalion? If not, I'm good to go, I think."

"Suit yourself. Sheldon disappeared four nights ago, just out of the blue. I keep several turtles here for atmospheric purposes, but the patrons usually leave them alone - or suffer a nasty bite.

"Odd!" I mumble, still not feeling comfortable around the green-man.

"Say, do you think we should go and confront the Copper Fox about his Wolfgang dealings? Dragonlord is a veteran too, isn't he? Together with him, we should be able to hold the Copper Fox and the orc for questioning."

I suddenly think back on the events that earned me my reputation with the Wolfgang. "Or...um...perhaps he is not a traitor, but is just infiltrating their ranks..." I trail off. "What do you think, Thalion? If not, I'm good to go, I think."

"About holding them for questioning I say no, but we could greet them and be on our way." Thalion turns to the bartender, "It was a pleasure meeting you. Take good care of Sheldon and the other turtles."

Thalion approaches the group of veterans and bows slightly, "Greetings! I dont suppose you remember me, but we met on our search for the Norn girl's, little zombie friend. I just wanted to ask you how Smaragdea is doing master Cain?"

"Greetings! I dont suppose you remember me, but we met on our search for the Norn girl's, little zombie friend. I just wanted to ask you how Smaragdea is doing master Cain?"

heroicanpc-dragonlord.jpg

"Greetings to you, too, Master Elf! Always great to see our men out and about, although I'd prefer that you would refer to me as the Dragonlord. Not to be haughty, but to shield my identity from outsiders."

ava-lego-copperfox.jpg

"I thought we were over this already. The Wolfgang already know of our true identities, and if they know, it doesn't matter who else knows. They have spies among our ranks just as we have in theirs."

heroicanpc-kukulkan.jpg

"Bah, you always treat the Wolfgang as a huge threat to us, Jacq! This society needs some stirring, we've become too self-indulgent on this side of the Hovel Wall."

"Keep your mouth shut, Kukulkan, lest the Houses find out! They will cut our income as soon as they even think that Heroica might be swinging to the Wolfgang's side! And that will never happen as long as I'm a Veteran!"

ava-lego-copperfox.jpg

"Damn right! A toast for that!"

The three Veterans raise their glasses and take long gulps.

"What comes to my precious Smaragdea, she's still moaning about her dwindling pile of gold, but at least there hasn't been any sightings of undead or demons around her lair anymore. You did well on that quest, you really did."

heroicanpc-kukulkan.jpg

"But two archdemons still hide beneath our feet, I hear. The one called Abraxas has awoken long ago and has feasted on the souls that the treacherous Zed Ziegfried fed him to make him stronger, while the other one - Malirith, if I remember right - could wake up any day now if she already hasn't. Semiramis told us what the archdemons did to her land, and we will end up like Azzurat if we don't do something."

ava-lego-copperfox.jpg

"Come on! We're here to drink, not to moan! We have an army of capable warriors ready to take down any threat necessary, isn't that right?"

The Copper Fox looks straight at Thalion and Monk Pretzel.