Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#87: The Marketplace Mystery

"Hmm. If it was a group, it is likely there are multiple suspects and culprits, not just one...

Do you remember how many people there were?"

Do you remember how many people there were?"

heroicanpc-sirloin.jpg

"It was too dark to see properly, but I'd say about half a dozen."

"I understand. One last question from me: Did you notice any veteran or any member of the Wolfgang near your shop the last days?"

"Six people- werehen, bunny woman, werebee, gingerbread man, sailor and Phoebe? We have six suspects..."

"I am still thinking about this berry thing. We found berries in every crime scene. And the only thing we know about cherries is that our beloved Detective loves them. So either he is our culprit and the meetings at night and the meeting between what we believe is Copper Fox and a Wolfgang member are another story.

Or it's the other way around and our six suspects were hired to do this job and to place the berries to slander Warlock.

Is there another alternative, I didn't think of?

And what is your opinion on this?"

"Unrelated or not, we'll have to confront the Copper Fox about this, one way or another. It adds up far, far too well for my tastes...

I'm trying to take motive into account here, but thus far I am drawing a blank. The elderly rabbit woman... Bunnina, was it...? Is the only one who really has a suspicious light around them. What use would a superstar, for example, have for stealing all of those things?"

"Stigveladi, I'm inclined to go with the latter option. It would be stupid for Warlock to hire us to look into a crime he committed. He would try to cover it up instead. I can see the framing idea- I suggested it earlier- but there's also a third option. It's possible that he was called to the crime scene to investigate (before he met us) and the cherries fell out of his pocket..."

"Warlock, have you visited these shops after the crime was committed but before we arrived? And might you have accidentally dropped cherries there?"

Avalanche then sees Watsap hit Thalion, "I'd like to know what you just stopped yourself from saying, my dear precious kobold. 'Me', right? Why are you so keen to divert attention away from yourself? You're looking more suspicious than any of the suspects right now. Do you have something to hide?"

"Warlock, for how long have you known Watsap? Do you get along well with him or not? Did the two of you have any disputes- would he have any reason to frame you? Might he want your job?"

He hears Sorrow's comment, "I agree- the whole Daffyd business looks suspicious. Bunnina is one of the top suspects...but our friend the werebee might gain something by selling the items...or discrediting rivals by making them wear that stolen hat..."

Edited by Dragonfire

Yeah, Bunnina admitted that a dead Member of the Wolfgang was her son. But yes, I must say that the actions of Watsup are really suspicious.

Watsup, you said you have been a member of the town watch for years, doing only the dirty jobs. Were you not staisfied with your job anymore? Did you want to avenge your bad job? And how come that you made pictures of crime scenes before they were burglarized? How did you know that they were being robbed later on?

And why did you not defend your partner but cast suspicions on him by eliminating his alibi? And why were you so defensive when I asked about your alibis?"

"I understand. One last question from me: Did you notice any veteran or any member of the Wolfgang near your shop the last days?"

heroicanpc-sirloin.jpg

"Veteran of what, may I ask? I am a veteran myself, having fought in many battles in my youth. Some of my old brothers-in-arms visit me from time to time. As for Wolfgang members, they have certainly become more visible lately. I heard rumours that they stopped their thieving ways, but I would be a fool to believe that without proof."

"Warlock, have you visited these shops after the crime was committed but before we arrived? And might you have accidentally dropped cherries there?"

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"No! I mean... yes. I visited all the shops with Watsap when we took those pictures, but I didn't have any cherries with me. I don't carry them all the time, you know."

Avalanche then sees Watsap hit Thalion, "I'd like to know what you just stopped yourself from saying, my dear precious kobold. 'Me', right? Why are you so keen to divert attention away from yourself? You're looking more suspicious than any of the suspects right now. Do you have something to hide?"

Watsap rolls his eyes.

heroicaquest87-watsap1.jpg

"What do ya expect me to say? 'Fess it all up to you? For the last time, I did not do any of these crimes, no matter how many times you ask about it! Sheesh, is everyone as incompetent as Mr. Sweathead here?"

]"Warlock, for how long have you known Watsap? Do you get along well with him or not? Did the two of you have any disputes- would he have any reason to frame you? Might he want your job?"[/b]

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"I've only known dear Watsap for as long as I've been on the Town Watch. We haven't had any disputes, on the contrary! Watsap has been nothing but kind to me. Except for today... I don't know what this sudden mood swing of his is about."

"Isn't it obvious? You act all dumb and ignorant, when you're the one behind this wild-goose chase! Trying to implicate innocent folk as the culprits while using your own position as a detective to lead everyone off! Listen up, heroes. When the lieutenants come back any moment now, make them arrest that douche!"

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Wha-what is going on here?!"

Watsup, you said you have been a member of the town watch for years, doing only the dirty jobs. Were you not staisfied with your job anymore? Did you want to avenge your bad job? And how come that you made pictures of crime scenes before they were burglarized? How did you know that they were being robbed later on?

And why did you not defend your partner but cast suspicions on him by eliminating his alibi? And why were you so defensive when I asked about your alibis?"

The kobold is fuming by now.

"Have you not been paying any attention, midget?! The pictures were taken yesterday, after the crimes happened! That's why you saw the storages in disarray! And I turned against my 'dear' colleague because the evidence pointed directly at him! I can't believe I'm trying to solve this case with a bunch of dimwits!"

"Watsap, you're a treacherous double-crosser. You've suddenly turned against your partner because we caught on to your master-plan. You want his job, don't you? You want him discredited. You know he carries cherries around; I bet none of the so-called 'suspects' have even seen him before!"

Avalanche turns to the other suspects (Auntie Bunnina, the werehen, the werebee, Ginger, Phoebe and Nestor), "Isn't that right? Have any of you ever seen or met this man?" He gestures to Warlock. "It's alright. Your helper is trying to take advantage of your absent-mindedness and turn us against you. We'll deal with him."

He returns to Watsap, "How dare you call Stigveladi a midget, you hypocrite! Look at yourself! You're half her height. And you can talk about implication, you who engineered this entire case to remove Warlock from his job. The evidence does point at him- but it was evidence that you planted and made up. And yes, I would indeed like you to ''fess it up'. You have a lot of explaining to do."

It takes a few minutes for the frustrated yeti to calm down a bit, "Look, Watsap. If you are innocent, then come clean. Spill the beans- tell us everything. Don't leave any loose ends untied, and don't just say that you have no explaining to do. We're all wating."

Should I have been so quick to accuse the kobold? Are we all being deceived by someone else- Warlock, or the bunny woman? Is this whole thing a 'red herring'? I'm not sure who is the true culprit, but whoever it is, I'll have a lot of apologies to make once this quest is over.

"Isn't that right? Have any of you ever seen or met this man?"

heroicaquest66-maid.jpg

"I've never met him, that's for sure! As if I'd pay any attention to a guy who sweats that much, eugh!"

heroicaquest58-nestor.jpg

"Neither have I. I don't want any trouble with the Watch, though."

The other members of the crowd mutter inaudibly and shrug their shoulders.

It takes a few minutes for the frustrated yeti to calm down a bit, "Look, Watsap. If you are innocent, then come clean. Spill the beans- tell us everything. Don't leave any loose ends untied, and don't just say that you have no explaining to do. We're all wating."

"I have nothing to say to you, you oblivious furcoat."

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"I-is this for real? Are we really accusing Watsap for the crime?"

Then the two lieutenants walk out of the restaurant bearing steaming cups and croissants.

heroicaquest87-marketplace4.jpg

heroicanpc-lilith.jpg

"So, Detective Hoples, what conclusion have you come to?"

heroicanpc-serevan.jpg

"Who committed the crimes? Do not let me down now."

Warlock turns to the heroes with a pleading look on his face.

"I am on the side of the yeti. I think this little something got angry about his job and the way he was treated. He knew about Mr Hoplets' love for berries. I suspect that he had help from the other suspects. But I think these crimes were being done by this little gnome.

Does anyone disagree?"

Avalanche glares at the kobold, "That does it. He's not even willing to explain himself. Stigveladi, I think we should wait for the other heroes to add their input before condemning Watsap. There is a chance that we could be mistaken."

"I don't know, he may be ugly as hell, but he was the only one who actually helped. Now that I think about it, he is the most suspicious one, might as well lock him up."

Apologies everyone for not being able to get online for the last fifty hours or so. Oh, and Sandy, I don't mind missing the Baltarok quests to finish this one. I believe Pretzel had a date with Flare anyway. :look:

Sandy, I don't believe you ever replied to this post:

"I spotted a cookie of yours in both Fabian's and Elphaba's storehouses. How did they get in there? Did you put them there? If so, did you notice anything strange about their places? Were they in any apparent disorder?"

I just purchased a Scroll of Blindness.

"Zure zhing! Here you go!"

Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear)

"I will take one of those myself, if I may."

I turn to the party and whisper, "Evidence you know."

"Thalion, I suggest you use that cloak on Watsap again while I..." I equip the Shackles of War in place of the Soothing Slippers to ensure that nobody flees, and restrain Watsap from attacking Thalion.

I turn to the beeman, the gingerbread man, the werehen, and the bunny, speaking diplomatically, albeit with a sort of calm rage.

"I believe you folks have yet to meet my partner the battle dwarf here. I myself have seen the blasts of fire he can send and he is very close to consuming you all. Now, speak up, what part did you have in the ransacking of these storages? Remember, it is better to simmer the dwarf's fury by speaking truth, than to feel his full wrath against you."

"So, Detective Hoples, what conclusion have you come to?"

"Who committed the crimes? Do not let me down now."

"You are just on time, detectives," I speak diplomatically. "We are about to reveal the one behind this case. However, I would suggest that you step back as I see the area heating up a fair bit. We wouldn't want those delightful croissants getting ruined now, would we?"

Edited by Palathadric

I turn to the sailor kid.

"You, what's your name again? We found that turtle of yours in Portia's storage. Care to explain how he may have ended up there? And Watsap, perhaps you wouldn't mind telling us what interest you have in the items you've stolen or was it the others that took them? Explain and we may lessen your sentence, fail to do so and you'll only make it worse."

"Um, Pretzel, if the butcher is to be believed, six shadowy individuals committed the crime. It is very likely they were in Watsap's pay though- but the money he would have gained by selling the items is far more than the money he gave up."

"I don't know, he may be ugly as hell, but he was the only one who actually helped. Now that I think about it, he is the most suspicious one, might as well lock him up."

The lieutenants exchange glances.

heroicanpc-serevan.jpg

"Do you mean to say that you think Private Watsap is guilty for this series of burglaries? What are your evidences?"

heroicanpc-lilith.jpg

"I can't wait to hear this one out..."

heroicanpc-elphaba.jpg

"Most importantly, where are the items stolen from us?"

heroicanpc-gnomeo.jpg

"Rhymes-with-bitch is right, we want our stolen property back!"

"Ha! You've got nothing on me! Just because I'm ugly, oppressed and a little sociopathic doesn't mean I'm automatically the culprit! You made a big mistake here, heroes..."

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Uh, what are the evidence against Watsap, again?"

heroicanpc-portia.jpg

"This is getting waaay over my head!"

heroicaquest66-maid.jpg

"I know, right?"

"I will take one of those myself, if I may."

I turn to the party and whisper, "Evidence you know."

Bumble half-handedly tosses a fanshirt to Monk Pretzel as well, then returns to observe the scene.

"Thalion, I suggest you use that cloak on Watsap again while I..." I equip the Shackles of War in place of the Soothing Slippers to ensure that nobody flees, and restrain Watsap from attacking Thalion.

I turn to the beeman, the gingerbread man, the werehen, and the bunny, speaking diplomatically, albeit with a sort of calm rage.

"I believe you folks have yet to meet my partner the battle dwarf here. I myself have seen the blasts of fire he can send and he is very close to consuming you all. Now, speak up, what part did you have in the ransacking of these storages? Remember, it is better to simmer the dwarf's fury by speaking truth, than to feel his full wrath against you."

Lieutenant Serevan stops Monk Pretzel in the middle of his speech.

heroicanpc-serevan.jpg

"That is enough, friar. You had your chance of questioning the suspects, and now you are accusing Private Watsap. Please explain in detail why you think Watsap is guilty."

"You are just on time, detectives," I speak diplomatically. "We are about to reveal the one behind this case. However, I would suggest that you step back as I see the area heating up a fair bit. We wouldn't want those delightful croissants getting ruined now, would we?"

heroicanpc-lilith.jpg

"First of all, we are lieutenants of the Town Watch, not detectives, and secondly, we are perfectly capable of defending ourselves if need be."

"Heh, the monk thinks I'm suddenly going to combust or something."

I turn to the sailor kid.

"You, what's your name again? We found that turtle of yours in Portia's storage. Care to explain how he may have ended up there? And Watsap, perhaps you wouldn't mind telling us what interest you have in the items you've stolen or was it the others that took them? Explain and we may lessen your sentence, fail to do so and you'll only make it worse."

heroicaquest58-nestor.jpg

"I am Nestor, sir. But that's not my turtle, it belongs to Cuttler. I thought we went through this already."

"How can I explain something I didn't do? How about you explain why your momma is so fat that they needed to build a Temple of Danab around her when she gave birth to you?"

heroicanpc-serevan.jpg

"It is not up to you to give sentences to anyone, friar. It's the right of the victims, which in this case are the merchants."

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"I don't care if you hang that hideous toad, I just want the hat returned to me. It is a dangerous weapon in the wrong hands."

heroicanpc-anwylsmokebeard.jpg

"I'm not convinced you've found the right guy, myself, but it remains to be seen."

What will the heroes do to prove that Watsap is guilty? Where could have he hidden the stolen items, in that case?

Party:

fb957f5f-eb76-4fed-ab00-fcf7d3e8445a_zps36439132.jpg

Avalanche (Dragonfire)

29 years old male yeti Barbarian

Level 8
*Natural Respite*

Power:
(8+5)

Health:
14/14
(8 + 6)

Gold:

Equipment:
Trollsbane (club, WP:5,
earth
-elemental)

Inventory:
Potion, Bottle of Mead, Smoke Bomb, Venom, Phoenix Essence, Pumpkin Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Bone

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal
,The Ghostbuster
(Eric-Su)

32 year old male Sorcerer.

Level 17
*Immune
to
Sealed

Power:
(17+9)
(
Spellpower:
(17+9+5)
)

Defense:

Health:
25/25
(5+16+4)

Ether:
28/28
(5+16+1+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Rawr (WP:9), Spellbound Gloves (Spellpower +5, handwear) Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, Immune to Sealed

Inventory:
Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Lovelorn Wand (WP 6, deals
Enamored
effect),
Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes),
Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear),
Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Health Core, Tonic, Grand Tonic, Grand Potion, Ether Core, Remedy, Elixir, Smelling Salts, Mead, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, Shovel.

paladin_pretzel_2.jpg

Monk Pretzel
(Palathadric) *Party Leader*

463-year-old male "hermit" Paladin

Level:
23 1/3

Power:
23 + 15
(+5, In the Front Row)

Defense:
9 (+5, in the Back Row)

Health:
44/44
9 + 11 + 22 + 2

Ether:
32/32
5 + 1 + 22 + 4

Gold:

Equipment:
Conspirator (WP; 15; deals "Blinded" effect; Longsword), Fashionable Shield (SP:7), Strategist's Shako (Suitable for anyone, +5 power while in the front row, +5 SP while in the back, headwear), Ethereal Cloak (Backwear; SP:2; Max Ether +4), Shackles of War (prevents anyone from fleeing battles; accessory)

Inventory:
The Muckraker (WP: 13;
Earth
Water
Wood
; deals "Weakened" effect; Greatsword), Heavy Flail (WP: 5; deals "Fragile" effect; Mace), Dual staff (WP:8;
Ice
Lightning
; Dual Strike), Flying Cross (WP:6;
Darkness
Fire
Wind
; Broomstick), Steak (WP:1, instantly kills vampires on successful hits, suitable for all), Impervious Shield (SP: 5; grants immunity to Fire), Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear), Soothing Slippers (Footwear, Meditate restores 5 ether),
Diamond
, Scroll of Blinding, Scroll of Sealing, Potion (2), Grand Potion (4), Ether Core (2), Remedy (5), Soma, Smelling Salts (2), Phoenix Essence (2), Phoenix Incense, Neutralizer, Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), Venom (4), Deadly Venom (5), Paralyzing Venom (2), Smoke Bomb (2), Bone (3), Rito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle), Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magic Shovel
(will always find
something
when used, limited to three uses per quest)
, Magnificent Magniscope (Magnifying Glass/Telescope)

V916GDK.jpg

Sorrow
(Endgame)

428 years old undead Assassin

Level 25 1/3
*Immune to
Light
and Blinded*

Power:
(25+27+1)

Defense:

Health:
36/36
(7+24+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP: 27
Ice
and
Darkness
Elemental), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear), Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded; headwear)

Inventory:
Longsword (WP: 5), Armor of the Croise (SP: 1, +2 power; bodywear), Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians), Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for Rangers and their Advanced Classes), Grand Potion x5, Health Core x2, Tonic, Ether Core, Remedy x5, Phoenix Essence x3, Venom x2, Deadly Venom, Mead x15, Smelling Salts x15, Nostrum x15, Dragon Scale x1, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, Neutralizer, Disguise Kit (Accessory. Usable by anyone. Allows the user to disguise them self as the opposite gender.),
Root beer
(Restores 10 health, or can be used as a bomb against undead enemies for 20 damage. The Root Beer does not affect non-undead enemies.), Tonic x1, Exterium (Can be used on an enemy to make them Confused and Plagued (15 damage, -1 SP) for 3 rounds), Ambrosia, Shark Jaw Scythe (WP 15/30 vs. Aquatic Monsters)

Amma_ava100.jpg

Stigveladi
"Amma"
Kötturin
, the Ghost Buster, the Krakenwhacker and the Titan Smiter (played by PsyKater)

247 years old dwarven Battle Mage

Level 22 1/3
*Immune to
Sealed
* *Gain triple experience*

Power:
(22+20)

Defense:
(2+3)

Health:
32/32
(5+5+21+1)

Ether:
32/32
(5+1+21+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Ġeofon (WP:20, 4x damage to enemies weak to
Water
axe
), Winged Helmet (+2 SP;
headwear
), Robe of the Archmagi (+3 SP; +5 Ether;
bodywear
), Medal of Glory (Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles;
accessory
)

Inventory:
Wishing Wand (WP:12; each successful hit has ½ chance of inflicting either
asleep
blinded
sealed
- or
confused
-effect, according to what the user wishes;
wand
), Stealth Dagger (WP: 12;
dagger
), Wand of Poking (WP: 10; double WP for physical attacks;
wand
), Dwarven Broomstick (WP: 3;
broomstick
), Enchanted Bracelet (Protects from Sealed effect), Crown of the Sea Kings (gives the wearer +20 SP, +20 max. health and +20 max. ether when fighting at a sea, lake or river;
headwear
), Cat Statuette (
"Grettir"
, +1 HP,
a
ccessory
), Pointy Hat (Suitable for mages and clerics, +2 max ether,
headwear
), Lover's Ring (+2 HP;
a
ccessory
), Spiked Collar (+1 P;
accessory
),
Opal (
Ice
),
Topaz (
Lightning
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Garnet (
Earth
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Ruby (
Fire
), Emerald (
Wood
),
Scroll of Inspiration,
Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening
, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep,
2x Titan Heart (Grants
encouraged
- and
inspired
-effects when consumed), 2x Kraken Fang (grants
hastened
- and
reinforced
-effects when consumed),
5x Potion,
4x Tonic,
3x Grand Potion,
2x Grand Tonic,
3x Remedy,
4x Phoenix Incense,
4x Mead, 4x Nostrum, 6x Venom, 3x Dirt Bomb, 8x Water Bomb, Fire Bomb,
Skeleton Decoy, 2x Bone,
Bedroll, Shovel,
1x Silver Ore (worth 60 gold),Gold Bar (worth 50 gold)

1aa.jpg

Thalion Dwinlas (-obelix-)

213 years old male elf Sorcerer

Level:
22 1/3
*Immune to
Fragile
Sealed,
Poisoned
and
Badly Poisoned

Power:
(22 + 13)

Defense
: 7
(3 + 4)

Health:
30/30
(5 + 21 + 4)

Ether:
32/32
(5 + 21 + 1 + 5)

Gold
: 2

Equipment:
Alpha and Omega (WP:13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether, staves), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5,
Immunity to
Se
aled,
bodywear
),
Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to
Fragile,
headwear
)
, Sterile Gloves (
Immunity to
Poisoned
and
Badly Poisoned,
handwear
)

Inventory
:

Gems:
Zirconia (Gem containing all elements; cannot be merged into equipment), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
), Opal (
Ice
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Topaz (
Lightning
)

Scrolls:
Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening
, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep

Weapons:
Sleeper (WP:5, deals
Asleep
to enemies it hits, Hollow Upgrade [Grand Potion stored], melee/throwing weapon), Ratsbane (WP:10, absorbs 2 health on successful hits, dagger), Batarang (WP:13,
darkness
-elemental, throwing weapon),

Artifacts:
Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to
Magic
and
Healing
headwear
), Cloak of Espionage (Allows the wearer to examine enemy stats before a battle,
backwear
), Snake Eye Charm (Protects from
Petrified
-effect,
accessory
), Bumble Fanshirt (SP:1, vermin with level less than half of the wearer's are scared and won't directly attack the wearer; bodywear),

Tools
: Magic Compass,
Shovel,
Bedroll

Consumables:
Copy of
The Eubric Herald
(Gives the target the
transcended
- and
inspired
- effects for the duration of one battle), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (3), Phoenix Essence, Elixir, Health Core, Potion, Grand Potion (3), Grand Tonic, Tonic, Ether Core, Remedy (2), Smoke Bomb, Bone

"Remember that he said 'about a dozen.' It may not be six exactly. Five seems more likely. Also, although it may not be necessary, it would probably be a good idea to attempt to retrieve those items if we can in which case it's important that we know exactly what became of them," I whisper, before realizing it's the yeti I'm talking to and pull back.

"Anwyp did say hid backdoor was lockpicked. Was it the Wolfgang thug grandmother? Or was it just the thug we saw in the painting? But now that I think about it, Sir Loin, could we see your warehouse for a moment? And maybe go with the Kingless Crown restaurants owner."

"Yes, but what if Watsap is innocent? And even if he is guilty, how do we find the stolen goods? Heckz, your idea is pretty good; let's go there."

Edited by Dragonfire

"Anwyp did say hid backdoor was lockpicked. Was it the Wolfgang thug grandmother? Or was it just the thug we saw in the painting? But now that I think about it, Sir Loin, could we see your warehouse for a moment? And maybe go with the Kingless Crown restaurants owner."

"Yes, but what if Watsap is innocent? And even if he is guilty, how do we find the stolen goods? Heckz, your idea is pretty good; let's go there."

heroicanpc-serevan.jpg

"Did you not hear what I said. Investigation is now over. It is time to hear what you have found. Or are you just trying divert attention from the fact that you have not found anything?"

"Alright. Watsap attempted to frame Detective Warlock for the thefts by suggesting that the cherries we found in all the crime scenes belonged to him. I reasoned that there was no way a criminal would hire us to solve his own crime. Therefore I moved my suspicions to Watsap, who point-blank refused to explain his peculiar actions (he attacked one of us when we tried to investigate him as well as the suspects, and he was overly defensive regarding his alibi). Watsap then tried to persuade us to arrest Warlock, but he could not give us any possible motive for Warlock to have committed the crime. Watsap himself, on the other hand, has a clear motive: he told us that he wasn't satisfied with his job and that his superiors made him do 'the dirty work'. He almost certainly wants the job of detective and was not very pleased when an incompetent newbie filled the slot. He probably had some help committing the crime, then he persuaded Warlock to hire us, meanwhile getting his cohorts to plant fake evidence against Warlock, so that when we investigated, Warlock would come under suspicion and be arrested. Watsap would get his job as a reward for his services to the Town Watch. We initially suspected some other strange-looking characters, but it has really come down to Warlock or Watsap here, and I personally do not think Warlock could have or would have committed the crime."