Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#87: The Marketplace Mystery

heroicaquest87.jpg

Six heroes approached the Marketplace, for once without intent to splurge all their gold. They were all unsure what they were supposed to do there, but they expected to find out soon. Oh, how wrong they were...

Party:

fb957f5f-eb76-4fed-ab00-fcf7d3e8445a_zps36439132.jpg

Avalanche (Dragonfire)

29 years old male yeti Barbarian

Level 3
*Natural Respite*

Power:
(3+5)

Health:
10/10

Gold:

Equipment:
Trollsbane (club, WP:5,
earth
-elemental)

Inventory:
Potion, Bottle of Mead, Smoke Bomb, Venom, Phoenix Essence, Pumpkin Bomb, Dirt Bomb, Bone

10632256334_a9ff1c7529_o.jpg

John 'Heckz' Brutenhal
,The Ghostbuster
(Eric-Su)

32 year old male Sorcerer.

Level 15
*Immune
to
Sealed

Power:
(15+9)
(
Spellpower:
(15+9+5)
)

Defense:

Health:
23/23
(5+14+4)

Ether:
26/26
(5+14+1+5+1)

Gold:

Equipment:
Rawr (WP:9), Spellbound Gloves (Spellpower +5, handwear) Robe Of The Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether + 5, Immune to Sealed

Inventory:
Rat Scepter (WP:3, 4x damage to enemies named “rat”; wand), Lovelorn Wand (WP 6, deals
Enamored
effect),
Pitchfork of Abomination (WP:1, pierces all defenses including SP but breaks after one use; suitable to all classes), Opal (
Ice
), Garnet (
Earth
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Health Core, Tonic, Grand Tonic, Grand Potion, Ether Core, Remedy, Elixir, Smelling Salts, Mead, Phoenix Essence, Bedroll, Shovel.

paladin_pretzel_2.jpg

Monk Pretzel
(Palathadric) *Party Leader*

463-year-old male "hermit" Paladin

Level:

Power:
19 + 15
(+5, In the Front Row)

Defense:
9 (+5, in the Back Row)

Health:
43/43
41 + 2*

Ether:
31/31
27 + 4

Gold:

Equipment:
Conspirator (WP; 15; deals "Blinded" effect; Longsword), Fashionable Shield (SP:7), Strategist's Shako (Suitable for anyone, +5 power while in the front row, +5 SP while in the back, headwear), Ethereal Cloak (Backwear; SP:2; Max Ether +4), Soothing Slippers (Footwear, Meditate restores 5 ether)

Inventory:
The Muckraker (WP: 13;
Earth
Water
Wood
; deals "Weakened" effect; Greatsword), Heavy Flail (WP: 5; deals "Fragile" effect; Mace), Dual staff (WP:8;
Ice
Lightning
; Dual Strike), Flying Cross (WP:6;
Darkness
Fire
Wind
; Broomstick), Steak (WP:1, instantly kills vampires on successful hits, suitable for all), Impervious Shield (SP: 5) (Grants immunity to Fire), Shackles of War,
Diamond
, Scroll of Sealing, Potion (2), Grand Potion (4), Ether Core (2), Remedy (5), Soma, Smelling Salts (2), Phoenix Essence (2), Phoenix Incense, Neutralizer, Grand Elixir (Restores full health and ether to target and remedies all negative effects), Venom (4), Deadly Venom (5), Paralyzing Venom (2), Smoke Bomb (2), Holy Bomb, Bone (3), Rito Feather (consumable, grants the hastened- and blessed-effects upon use for one battle), Bedroll, Pickaxe, Magic Shovel
(will always find
something
when used, limited to three uses per quest)
, Magnificent Magniscope (Magnifying Glass/Telescope)

V916GDK.jpg

Sorrow
(Endgame)

428 years old undead Assassin

Level 24 1/3
*Immune to
Light
and Blinded*

Power:
(24+27+1)

Defense:

Health:
32/35
(7+21+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Mockthril Longbow (WP: 27
Ice
and
Darkness
Elemental), Sticky Gloves (Increases the amount of gold stolen by 50% (rounded up), suitable for rogues and beast warriors; handwear), Night’s Helmet (SP:6, immunity to light and blinded; headwear)

Inventory:
Longsword (WP: 5), Armor of the Croise (SP: 1, +2 power; bodywear), Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians), Archer's Hat (Artifact, headwear, Power +1, suitable for Rangers and their Advanced Classes), Grand Potion x5, Health Core x2, Tonic, Ether Core, Remedy x5, Phoenix Essence x3, Venom x2, Deadly Venom, Mead x15, Smelling Salts x15, Nostrum x15, Dragon Scale x1, Chaotic Bomb (Causes 100 random elemental damage to all opponents), Bedroll, Neutralizer, Disguise Kit (Accessory. Usable by anyone. Allows the user to disguise them self as the opposite gender.),
Root beer
(Restores 10 health, or can be used as a bomb against undead enemies for 20 damage. The Root Beer does not affect non-undead enemies.), Tonic x1, Exterium (Can be used on an enemy to make them Confused and Plagued (15 damage, -1 SP) for 3 rounds), Ambrosia, Shark Jaw Scythe (WP 15/30 vs. Aquatic Monsters)

Amma_ava100.jpg

Stigveladi
"Amma"
Kötturin
, the Ghost Buster, the Krakenwhacker and the Titan Smiter (played by PsyKater)

247 years old dwarven Battle Mage

Level 21 1/3
*Immune to
Sealed

Power:
(21+20)

Defense:
(2+3)

Health:
31/31
(5+5+20+1)

Ether:
31/31
(5+1+20+5)

Gold:

Equipment:
Ġeofon (WP:20, 4x damage to enemies weak to
Water
axe
), Winged Helmet (+2 SP;
headwear
), Robe of the Archmagi (+3 SP; +5 Ether;
bodywear
), Medal of Glory (Mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles;
accessory
)

Inventory:
Wishing Wand (WP:12; each successful hit has ½ chance of inflicting either
asleep
blinded
sealed
- or
confused
-effect, according to what the user wishes;
wand
), Stealth Dagger (WP: 12;
dagger
), Wand of Poking (WP: 10; double WP for physical attacks;
wand
), Dwarven Broomstick (WP: 3;
broomstick
), Enchanted Bracelet (Protects from Sealed effect), Crown of the Sea Kings (gives the wearer +20 SP, +20 max. health and +20 max. ether when fighting at a sea, lake or river;
headwear
), Cat Statuette (
"Grettir"
, +1 HP,
a
ccessory
), Pointy Hat (Suitable for mages and clerics, +2 max ether,
headwear
), Lover's Ring (+2 HP;
a
ccessory
), Spiked Collar (+1 P;
accessory
),
Opal (
Ice
),
Topaz (
Lightning
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Garnet (
Earth
),
Scroll of Inspiration,
2x Titan Heart (Grants
encouraged
- and
inspired
-effects when consumed), 2x Kraken Fang (grants
hastened
- and
reinforced
-effects when consumed),
5x Potion,
4x Tonic,
3x Grand Potion,
2x Grand Tonic,
3x Remedy,
4x Phoenix Incense,
4x Mead, 4x Nostrum, 6x Venom, 3x Dirt Bomb, 8x Water Bomb, Fire Bomb,
Skeleton Decoy, 2x Bone,
Bedroll, Shovel,
1x Silver Ore (worth 60 gold),Gold Bar (worth 50 gold)

1aa.jpg

Thalion Dwinlas (-obelix-)

213 years old male elf Sorcerer

Level:
20 2/3
*Immune to
Fragile
Sealed,
Poisoned
and
Badly Poisoned

Power:
(20 + 13)

Defense
: 7
(3 + 4)

Health:
28/28
(5 + 19 + 4)

Ether:
30/30
(5 + 19 + 1 + 5)

Gold
: 2

Equipment:
Alpha and Omega (WP:13, dual healing/spellcasting at the cost of 2 ether, staves), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5,
Immunity to
Se
aled,
bodywear
),
Emerald Hood (SP:4, Immunity to
Fragile,
headwear
)
, Sterile Gloves (
Immunity to
Poisoned
and
Badly Poisoned,
handwear
)

Inventory
:

Gems:
Zirconia (Gem containing all elements; cannot be merged into equipment), Amethyst (
Darkness
), Diamond (
Light
), Garnet (
Earth
), Ruby (
Fire
), Opal (
Ice
), Emerald (
Wood
), Sapphire (
Wind
), Aquamarine (
Water
), Topaz (
Lightning
)

Scrolls:
Scroll of Sealing (2), Scroll of Blindness (2), Scroll of Frailty (2), Scroll of Weakening (2)
, Scroll of Confusion (2), Scroll of Sleep (2),

Weapons:
Sleeper (WP:5, deals
Asleep
to enemies it hits, Hollow Upgrade [Grand Potion stored], melee/throwing weapon), Ratsbane (WP:10, absorbs 2 health on successful hits, dagger), Batarang (WP:13,
darkness
-elemental, throwing weapon),

Artifacts:
Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to
Magic
and
Healing
headwear
), Cloak of Espionage (Allows the wearer to examine enemy stats before a battle,
backwear
), Snake Eye Charm (Protects from
Petrified
-effect,
accessory
)

Tools
: Magic Compass,
Shovel,
Bedroll

Consumables:
Copy of
The Eubric Herald
(Gives the target the
transcended
- and
inspired
- effects for the duration of one battle), Nostrum (3), Smelling Salts (3), Phoenix Essence, Elixir, Health Core, Potion, Grand Potion (3), Grand Tonic, Tonic, Ether Core, Remedy (2), Smoke Bomb, Bone

It was the crack of dawn, and the shops at the Marketplace were just opening their doors and setting up their wares before the day's surge of customers. Two figures and a strange contraption were waiting for the heroes in the middle of the square.

heroicaquest87-marketplace1.jpg

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Phew! You look like a capable bunch! Thank you so much for coming to my aid. And thank you, dear Watsap, for picking them for me."

heroicaquest87-watsap1.jpg

"No prob, Warlock! Nothing beats closing your eyes and randomly pointing your finger at the list. Works wonders every time, I tell ya!"

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Oh, no you did not... Well, let us hope luck is on our side on this first case, dear Watsap. Oh, I'm so nervous that I haven't even introduced myself! Detective Warlock Hoples of the Town Watch, and it's a pleasure to meet you all! This is my kobold assistant Watsap."

"What's up?"

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Oh, are everyone accounted for? Shall I delve into the details now?" The young detective starts to pat his uniform. "Uh, if only I could find my notebook..."

"Here ya go, Warlock" The kobold winks as he hands the detective a small book.

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Oh, thank you, dear Watsap. Now, may I have your names, please?"

Thalion makes a slight bow from the back row, "Thalion Dwinlas at your service detective, Watsup." He turns around to the rest of the party, "Same goes for those that do not know me already; I am Thallion Dwinlas, at your service..." He says with a slight smile and bow. Thalion then turns to Sorrow, "Master Sorrow, it is nice to see you again!" And nods at Amma, "Stigveladi, its been some time. I hope you've been well!?"

Heckz walks over to Warlock "Heckz Brutenhal, the beauty." Heckz looks at Avalanche "It seems we are on the same quest." Then he looks at Stigveladi "Is that you Stigveladi? Your beard looks shorter."

My cape billowing behind me, I make my way to the bumbling pair of detective and my fellow heroes. The monk would be problematic - Everyone else was rather foreign. This was going to be a long day, I could tell that much at a moment's glance. My hand still throbbed. Have to sort that out soon, or else...

"Sorrow. At your service."

It was addressed to everyone; heroes and eccentric wathmen alike.

"Err, you had luck, don't you see?" grumbles Stigveladi as she raises from her waiting position. "You have me, Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster, the Krakenwhacker and the Titan Smiter. I just hope I don't waste my time here and you have some real problems here to solve. And that we are done by noon. I don't want to miss lunch.

Thalion, Heckz. It's good to see you up and well." Amma stumbles for a moment and touches her beard. "Oh, you are the first one to notice, Mr Brutenthal."

Edited by PsyKater

"Err, you had luck, don't you see?" grumbles Stigveladi as she raises from her waiting position. "You have me, Stigveladi Kötturin, the Ghost Buster, the Krakenwhacker and the Titan Smiter. I just hope I don't waste my time here and you have some real problems here to solve. And that we are done by noon. I don't want to miss lunch.

Thalion, Heckz. It's good to see you up and well." Amma stumbles for a moment and touches her beard. "Oh, you are the first one to notice, Mr Brutenthal."

Thalion laughed, "If nothing else, I see your attitude towards meals have stayed the same." He paused for a moment, "Those are some fancy titles you used to introduce yourself; what have you been up to since last we saw each other?"

I approach Detective Warlock.

"Monk Pretzel, demon slayer, party leader, healer of dragons, hunter of assassins is here to the rescue. Where does our work begin, detective. You chose well, it seems, for this quest. I've just gotten back not to recently from hunting down an assassin myself, so detective work is among my list of professions. It is a pleasure to meet you, I hope it will be as pleasurable to work with you, but only time shall tell. What's this little demon?"

I turn to Watsup with no hidden disgust etched across my face.

I then turn away to survey the party.

Stigveladi was there; then there was a blonde fellow with a ridiculous grin splashed across his face; and then figures all wrapped up. One I knew as being the undead of the hall, the other was obviously a human...or elf, but his dress declared that he was only there to cause trouble. I do not feel the need to address the party.

Oops! Sandy, I forgot to remove Pretzel's Holy Bomb from his inventory. He used it in the Fields of Glory. :blush:

Also, Sorrow should be at full health, I think. :look:

Edited by Palathadric

Thalion laughed, "If nothing else, I see your attitude towards meals have stayed the same." He paused for a moment, "Those are some fancy titles you used to introduce yourself; what have you been up to since last we saw each other?"

"Well, the titles kind of speak for themselves, don't they? I went down to the local cemetry to lead a group of Heroes, this charming guy with others, to get rid of some ridiculous ghosts. It was a pretty easy job compared to the monsters we defeated ib the Fields of the old farmer. That's where I earned the other titles." Her chest is filled with proud while she tells her story. She then leans forward and speaks silently yet loud enough that Pretzel it maybe heard:

"And different to our 'party leader' I don't need to make up childish titles." One can see and hear her shiny badges under her beard while she leans forward.

"And what have you guys been up to since we last met?", addresses Heckz and Thalion.

"Well, the titles kind of speak for themselves, don't they? I went down to the local cemetry to lead a group of Heroes, this charming guy with others, to get rid of some ridiculous ghosts. It was a pretty easy job compared to the monsters we defeated ib the Fields of the old farmer. That's where I earned the other titles." Her chest is filled with proud while she tells her story. She then leans forward and speaks silently yet loud enough that Pretzel it maybe heard:

"And different to our 'party leader' I don't need to make up childish titles." One can see and hear her shiny badges under her beard while she leans forward.

"And what have you guys been up to since we last met?", addresses Heckz and Thalion.

"Heh, I guess they do explain themselves, I just didn't know you earned most of them in the Fields... Well, to make the long story short, I helped out the Ziegfrieds when one of their children was taken, and foiled several rebellion attempts in Duplovia, High Kingdoms, Xu and another one, most recent, in Eubric." Thalion paused, "I cannot help but notice the difference from last time, you developed you arcane and fighting prowess considerably. So much so that I feel you might have surpassed me at the moment..." He gestures at the axe Amma was carrying and smiles. "But then again, I wasn't idling either. I managed to master all the elemental spells with the help of this." He takes out the Zirconia. "The necklace made of all the gems was your goal last time, but I guess I beat you to it. I got to collecting scrolls too!" He winked at Amma. "Speaking of which, I'd be happy to lend you any of the gems and scrolls you don't currently have. Since we don't know what the detective has for us today, I guess it doesn't hurt to be prepared..." He takes out all the gems, aside from Zirconia, and a set of scrolls and offers them to Amma with a slight bow.

Heckz walks over to Warlock "Heckz Brutenhal, the beauty." Heckz looks at Avalanche "It seems we are on the same quest." Then he looks at Stigveladi "Is that you Stigveladi? Your beard looks shorter."

"It seems we are," replies Avalanche, glad to see a familiar face. He turns to Detective Hoples and shakes his hand. "Pleased to meet you, detective. I am Avalanche." His massive paw swamps the detective's hand. He looks around himself and sees the monk not even bothering to look at him. Great. All I don't need is another yeti-hater. He walks up to Stigveladi and introduces himself.

"Oh snaps son! The monk just got schooled!" says Heckz after Amma put the Monk in his place.

"Let me see. After our quest together I took out a bunch of oversized lizards. After that I helped out Father McCreary, again. Then I took a detective quest, and now I'm here." Says Heckz.

He walks over to Sorrow "Hello dark assassin, the name is Heckz Brutenhal, and I see you don't have a face." Heckz raises his hand to shake it with Sorrow.

OoC: I don't have the Harlot's Outfit in the stats. Could you fix it?

Edited by Eric Su

"Heh, I guess they do explain themselves, I just didn't know you earned most of them in the Fields... Well, to make the long story short, I helped out the Ziegfrieds when one of their children was taken, and foiled several rebellion attempts in Duplovia, High Kingdoms, Xu and another one, most recent, in Eubric." Thalion paused, "I cannot help but notice the difference from last time, you developed you arcane and fighting prowess considerably. So much so that I feel you might have surpassed me at the moment..." He gestures at the axe Amma was carrying and smiles. "But then again, I wasn't idling either. I managed to master all the elemental spells with the help of this." He takes out the Zirconia. "The necklace made of all the gems was your goal last time, but I guess I beat you to it. I got to collecting scrolls too!" He winked at Amma. "Speaking of which, I'd be happy to lend you any of the gems and scrolls you don't currently have. Since we don't know what the detective has for us today, I guess it doesn't hurt to be prepared..." He takes out all the gems, aside from Zirconia, and a set of scrolls and offers them to Amma with a slight bow.

Amma fingers her beard. "Well, yes. I made a lot of experience. That's how my priorities changed as well. My teacher told me something about anger management so I collected a lot of powerful weapons." She lets Thalion have a look in her bag.

"But wow, let's see. You have an enormous collection. You can be proud of that. And I'd love to use your ruby, sapphire and emerald. And if you have two of every scroll of yours, I'd be glad to try the second set of scrolls out as well."

"If you want to try some of my artefacts just ask."

"Oh snaps son! The monk just got schooled!" says Heckz after Amma put the Monk in his place.

"Let me see. After our quest together I took out a bunch of oversized lizards. After that I helped out Father McCreary, again. Then I took a detective quest, and now I'm here." Says Heckz.

He walks over to Sorrow "Hello dark assassin, the name is Heckz Brutenhal, and I see you don't have a face." Heckz raises his hand to shake it with Sorrow.

I take the overzealous man's hand.

"Nice to meet you, heckz.

Oh, I have a face, but... Well, I prefer if people don't see it."

Avalanche overhears Heckz's conversation with Sorrow. He walks up to them and whispers to Heckz, "Can't you see his face is a sensitive subject? As he's an undead, his face is probably just a skull. Why ask?"

Amma fingers her beard. "Well, yes. I made a lot of experience. That's how my priorities changed as well. My teacher told me something about anger management so I collected a lot of powerful weapons." She lets Thalion have a look in her bag.

"But wow, let's see. You have an enormous collection. You can be proud of that. And I'd love to use your ruby, sapphire and emerald. And if you have two of every scroll of yours, I'd be glad to try the second set of scrolls out as well."

"If you want to try some of my artefacts just ask."

Thalion lets Amma take the items she expressed the wish to use and puts the rest back, "Hopefully, we wont need to use any of those but you never know... And thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it later." He takes a moment to inspect Amma's equipped weapon, "I recognize that axe! You got it from Tesni, correct? I was with her and the others in Xu, where she obtained it. A very powerful weapon indeed... I do hope she told you at least something about what happened there, for it is quite an interesting tale!?"

"For your information, dwarf, insolence will not lead you anywhere in a party that I have command over. And as far as your badges go, it's easy for anyone to create such things. Trust me, I've been to marketplaces where they'll sell them. Sometimes not even up to forty pieces to one. Titles and badges mean nothing. Where are the people who have been affected by your actions? Do you have a whole county who would vouch for your having delivered them of the demon that plagued their region and the raiders that pillaged their villages? Do you have a bank who would vouch for your having saved their vault and the wealth of the entire city with it? What about a person or a few people who know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you saved them from insanity? I have dragons who owe their life to me too, a rare occurrence anywhere in the world. Titles are merely artifacts for the sake of showing and telling and glorifying one's self. The things that are important are the deeds that live on in the lives of others. One assassin slain, means one less felon out there to murder for the sake of his pocketbook. Lives are saved through it. One cannot boats about titles they obtain in training grounds. One may be the most skillful of fighters in training, but when it counts he is at a loss, because he lacks the battlefield experience. Make sure that in your quest for titles you don't miss out on what is truly important around you."

"Schooled?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Kids these days, always verbizing nouns for no reason," I mutter.

Oh, I have a face, but... Well, I prefer if people don't see it."

"He shrouds his face in darkness because he is unwilling to face the light. Such men are slaves to their masters and have no will of their own. It is clearly drawn out in their eyes which is why they often seek to hide them in shadow."

"Well, yes. I made a lot of experience. That's how my priorities changed as well. My teacher told me something about anger management so I collected a lot of powerful weapons."

"Anger management lessons took you to collecting lots of powerful weapons? What kind of anger management were they talking about exactly? I hope you won't be destroying the whole area around us like you did with those critters in the Fields of Glory."

I chuckle.

QM Note: Sorry, it's been a long day for me, so the updated stats will have to wait. It's not like you're going to need them much on this quest, as you'll soon see...

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Good, good, everyone's accounted for. But please, there's no need to argue amongst yourselves, you all have a high chance of showing your worth on this case, for I myself am hopeless lost with it. I've just recently been promoted as the first and only detective for the Town Watch, after a whopping four months of loyal service. I would have felt more comfortable carrying a halberd around the streets, but Captain Patricia deemed me too smart for that. Sometimes I curse my oversized brains, I tell you!"

"Awright, enough with the dramatics, Warlock! Let's get down to business."

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Oh, yes... Pardon me... The Marketplace that we now stand at has been struck by an odd crime wave. Several of the merchants have filed a complaint that their warehouses have been ransacked, and possibly some possession has been stolen. Me and Watsap have been gathering evidence for the last couple of days, but I'm stuck with what to do about it. That's where you come in, my dear heroes."

"Stop calling everyone 'your dear', Warlock! You're such a fairy... Anywho, Cap Pat gave us this great thingamabob she bought from some U'kin feller. She said the Town Watch needed to be on top of modern techonology. It's officially called an AIUPIIUP, but I just call it picbox. We can use it to make pictures almost instantly, like a superfast painter or sumthing. What will they think of next, huh?"

heroicanpc-warlock1.jpg

"Yes, we have some pictures from the crime scenes, and coupled with interrogation of the merchants - I mean, key witnesses - we should be able to deduce who's behind these breaking-and-entries. Let's see..." Warlock leafs through his notebook. "The shops that complained were:

Anwyl Smokebeard's Smithy

Portia's Potion Shack

Fabian's Fabulous Fashion

Gnomeo's Toolshed

Elphaba's Magic Wagon

Sir Loin's Butchery and the Kingless Crown Restaurant were not involved within the burglaries, despite being situated next to the other shops. Now, please tell me, where the heck do we begin?!"

"Interesting to note only the shops Heroicans commonly do business with have been ransacked..."

While in thought, I don't even bother to look at the monk while addressing him.

"Oh, and monk? You're wasting your own breath. Save some oxygen for the rest of us and keep your hateful comments to yourself."

Edited by Endgame

"Sorrow's right. Why would the shops we buy from be the only ones that have been ransacked? Maybe someone very jelaous of them did it."

"Heckz gets close to Sorrow, Avalanche and Stigveladi. Whispering to them so Monk Pretzel doesn't hear him "I don't about you, but the Pletzalej, or whatever he is called, doesn't look like a good party leader to me."

"Have the merchants reported anything missing from their warehouses, the ones that have been ransacked?", Thalion addressed Warlock.

Edited by -obelix-

"Oh, and monk? You're wasting your own breath. Save some oxygen for the rest of us and keep your hateful comments to yourself."

"If your body required oxygen to keep it in its undead state. I would gladly consume all the oxygen in the world so it would be rid of you."

"Have the merchants reported anything missing from their warehouses, the ones that have been ransacked?", Thalion addressed Warlock.

"Hmm, yes, at least you have a head on your shoulders. This was my question exactly. Also, we may as well see all those pictures since you have them available, although I wouldn't trust any of these modern machines. I say stay a safe distance away from them."

Edited by Palathadric

Heckz gets close to Sorrow, Avalanche and Stigveladi. Whispering to them so Monk Pretzel doesn't hear him "I don't about you, but the Pletzalej, or whatever he is called, doesn't look like a good party leader to me."

"That's what I thought."

"Yes, let's have a look at the pictures first and then we can ask the shop owners. Maybe it would be a good idea to split up."

"If your body required oxygen to keep it in its undead state. I would gladly consume all the oxygen in the world so it would be rid of you."

Avalanche glares at the monk, "Shut up. Don't you realise you're just making enemies rather than being a good party leader? If you have a problem with Sorrow, keep it to yourself."

He then says to Heckz, "Why don't we try Anwyl's smithy first? We have to start somewhere..."

Avalanche glares at the monk, "Shut up. Don't you realise you're just making enemies rather than being a good party leader? If you have a problem with Sorrow, keep it to yourself."

I gaze in some shock at the weird blue thing in front of me.

"Telling your party leader to, as you put it, 'shut up' never helped to get any favours from him, I should warn you. Besides, blue monkey, it requires there is little, if anything that makes me see you in any more of a favourable light than the demon. You may think yourself on good terms with me, because I gave you a good discount on a venom sometime back, but do not use my favour and turn it back on me, you hear?"

I turn to Detective Warlock.

"I apologize for their unprofessional behaviour," I whisper, "when a party is chosen at random, it's easy to select regular street rabble calling themselves 'heroes.' Don't worry, I will try to get the best that I can out of them. By the end of this quest we should be looking back at a successful operation here. Now about those 'pictures.' Were they...um... painted after the ransack?"

I gaze in some shock at the weird blue thing in front of me.

"Telling your party leader to, as you put it, 'shut up' never helped to get any favours from him, I should warn you. Besides, blue monkey, it requires there is little, if anything that makes me see you in any more of a favourable light than the demon. You may think yourself on good terms with me, because I gave you a good discount on a venom sometime back, but do not use my favour and turn it back on me, you hear?"

Avalanche glares at the monk, "I apologise for my rude outburst, but seriously, please don't discriminate against other species. Just because I'm a yeti doesn't mean I'm any less of a hero or a free citizen than you. The same goes for Sorrow. And in case you haven't noticed, my fur colour is white, not blue. How would you like it if I called you a weird yellow monkey?" Without waiting for Pretzel's answer, he turns on his heel and walks back towards the others.