CopMike

EB Xmas Raffle 2013

Oooooh, I see Max Rebo (I want, I want) and Endor Leia hair (I want more, I want more). Ninja Turtles (meh) and dead warrior helmets (sweet, can always use more of those).

There are some super cool ornaments here. I am going to be stealing a bunch of these designs. So far my favorites are Archer's (though I won't be using it), dr_spock's (where does that clear ball come from?), otaku's (though I'm going to scale it down), bacem's (the design is perfect), ronenson's (explain the connections to me), Etzel's (it looks like it should be from Latin America not Scandinavia), HerrJJ's (needs to be scaled down too), Kristel (I love it, I'm always quite impressed with your builds. How is the roof attached?), SalvoBrick's (though it looks kind of heavy), CaptainNemo's (though I'm not sure I want it on my tree), Yooha's (great size and design), SwanDutchman's (needs to be smaller) and Cecille's (where is that clear ball from?)

Steve

The clear balls came from the Lego Bauble sets such as http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Holiday-Ornament-with-Gold-Bricks-853345?fromListing=listing

You can find them online at Lego Shop@Home or local Lego Store.

Oooooh, I see ... Endor Leia hair (I want more, I want more).

Steve

Isn't it Arwen's hair? I can see the elf ears.

Oooooh, I see Max Rebo (I want, I want) and Endor Leia hair (I want more, I want more). Ninja Turtles (meh) and dead warrior helmets (sweet, can always use more of those).

There are some super cool ornaments here. I am going to be stealing a bunch of these designs. So far my favorites are Archer's (though I won't be using it), dr_spock's (where does that clear ball come from?), otaku's (though I'm going to scale it down), bacem's (the design is perfect), ronenson's (explain the connections to me), Etzel's (it looks like it should be from Latin America not Scandinavia), HerrJJ's (needs to be scaled down too), Kristel (I love it, I'm always quite impressed with your builds. How is the roof attached?), SalvoBrick's (though it looks kind of heavy), CaptainNemo's (though I'm not sure I want it on my tree), Yooha's (great size and design), SwanDutchman's (needs to be smaller) and Cecille's (where is that clear ball from?)

Steve

Sorry to say, but it is a Scandinavian tradition.

Back in the days, it was a game and it might have roots back to the vikings.

So if you find it in southern america, it could be because of scandinavian immigrants.

We may tell our significant others that we love to snuggle with a box of chocolates and "It's a wonderful life" on TV. But let's be honest, It just wouldn't be Christmas without some nice cold biers and Die Hard! (OK, Maybe some chocolates too).

10927201093_fd5324f420_z.jpg

Lego Die Hard Christmas Decoration on flickr

Thanks to CopMike for the fun raffle.

Edited by Praiter Yed

Thank you CopMike for organising this Eurobricks Xmas tradition. :wub:

I look forward to find out the amazing prize pool that you will put together for our Eurobricks Community. Meanwhile, this is my submission for the raffle, where WhiteFang prepare himself for his Xmas celebration if help don't arrive soon, :tongue:

10927010545_05177c6c9c_z.jpg

Isn't it Arwen's hair? I can see the elf ears.

Ah, so it is. I saw that and thought it was a reflection off the bag. Now that you say it, though, its clearly ears.

Steve

Thanks CopMike for doing this again! This is the most fun part of December - checking the calendar every day! So here's my entry ...

ebxmsr2013.jpg

I know it's a bit soon, but in case I forget later, Marry Xmass everyone and good luck in the raffle!

Edited by MstrOfPppts

Kristel (I love it, I'm always quite impressed with your builds. How is the roof attached?)

Thanks Steve. The roof is attached with hinge bricks, as shown below.

10935965795_3a1c8bc313_z.jpg

PDF instructions for the ornament are available here.

I am not going to lie, mine is not the best in design, but it is the first time I have ever used LDD, so I hope you guys can cut me a little bit of slack! It is essentially a Gingerbread man, one of the nicest treats for Christmas time! :classic:

GingerbeadMan_zps4f659763.png

Edited by CopMike
Link to picture posted totally wrong!

I'm a little disappointed that the prizes this year aren't purely Star Wars as usual since there were a lot of nice SW figs this year that I couldn't afford, but "cool & hard-to-get minifigs" is definitely a good theme as well, so I'm not complaining! :sweet:

Seeing as the Fetts seem to be the Xmas minifigs for SW this year, here is an ornament showing them both building a snowmandalorian together. :grin:

10968025773_e15e9118c3_z.jpg

Fett Xmas Tree Ornament by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

We've all fallen asleep waiting for santa when we were kids, right? Well that inspired my entry:

image.jpg

I used a lightbrick mounted to the back of the fireplace, and a 21 link chain to hang it from. It took me a while to figure out the chain placement to get it to hang level.

Edited by BigRedGoat