CopMike

EB Xmas Raffle 2013

gallery_148_49_39066.jpg

small_tree_3.gifFree Giveaway! Xmas Raffle Building Challenge!small_tree_3.gif

It's soon that time again, when somebody sneaks into your home down the chimney and leaves

a lot of presents under the tree, and this is your chance to get even more ......!

This year the prizes will be cool & hard to get minifigs!

Read the rules & post your entry in this thread!

The only rules are:

• You need to be a member of Eurobricks who joined before the 10th of November 2013.
  • The MOC theme is Christmas tree ornaments.
  • This is a fun thing, so have FUN!
  • The MOC needs to have at least two (2) original Lego pieces in it, NO clone ones.
  • You can build either with real parts or use LDD, MLCad etc.
  • The MOC needs to be new - no recycling here please - just fresh stuff.
  • The entry must be posted in this thread before 10 pm GMT, by the 28th of November, 2013.
  • Your entry must include one image (and only one image) and be no larger than 800x600.
  • One entry per qualified member.
  • All members including the Staff can join, all but me that is :cry_sad:
  • Did I mention that you need to have fun?
  • I'm the judge and will randomly draw the winners who will be announced in a special thread, the advent calender thread, from 1st dec - 24th dec.

UPDATE!

The prizes? Well, here are (almost

:wink: ) all the prizes:

gallery_148_49_18836.jpg

Now bring your A-game and show your holiday spirit! :laugh:

just to clarify:

1) what we made is a christmas tree ornament, or ornamentS?

2) if we make an ornament, that means we don't have to include the tree itself right?

3) if i make it in LDD or other digital software, do i need to make sure that the real version of our creation will be able to be hanged on a tree?

Now here are my questions.....

1.) How many parts are we allowed...apart from two ? :wink:

2.) Any theme (city, Star Wars, etc.,.) as long as it has that Christmas feel/spirit to it ? :wink:

As always, the questions just keeps pouring in :sceptic: !

just to clarify:

1) what we made is a christmas tree ornament, or ornamentS?

2) if we make an ornament, that means we don't have to include the tree itself right?

3) if i make it in LDD or other digital software, do i need to make sure that the real version of our creation will be able to be hanged on a tree?

1) One (1) ornament per person.

2) If you want to either build a life-size tree out of Lego or have the ornament hanging in a real tree when you take your picture is totally up to you. Or you just take the picture of the ornament and exclude any trees.

3) Yes.

Now here are my questions.....

1.) How many parts are we allowed...apart from two ? :wink:

2.) Any theme (city, Star Wars, etc.,.) as long as it has that Christmas feel/spirit to it ? :wink:

1.) That depends on this thickness & strength of the the tree branch you intend to hang the ornament from. If it´s the size of an ordinary thigh I´m sure you could go up&beyond a couple of thousand.

2.) Yes. Is there something in the rules that inclines a theme?

I'm lucky that I just joined a few hours before 10th November!!!! How many winners will there be? What will it be judged on? You said that you will pick the winners out randomly, does that mean that it isn't judged on the model? Do we enter it here?

So it's not Star Wars themed this year? Anyway I guess most of hard to find figures are licensed so they all fall under my themes of interest! :grin: I'm glad this raffle is here again and will sure enter it - having a lot of fun!

How many winners will there be? What will it be judged on? You said that you will pick the winners out randomly, does that mean that it isn't judged on the model? Do we enter it here?

The number of winners is not important but from the previous similar raffles I predict there'll be quite a few ... Assuming you're from the UK you should know what a raffle is. Yes there are randomly picked winners no matter how the build looks as long as they can be hung on a tree. But the important rule here is also to have fun! You might get disqualified if you don't have fun so if building an entry is a pain for you, you better not enter :laugh::tongue::laugh:

How many winners will there be?

It´s not decided yet but have a look at the 2009, 2011 and 2012 ones and get an overall idea :wink: !

What will it be judged on? You said that you will pick the winners out randomly, does that mean that it isn't judged on the model?

Raffle: A raffle often involves several different possible prizes that can be won, and a ticket will be drawn from the group at random for each of the prizes. In this manner, people were not buying tickets to win a specific prize, but for the possibility of winning any of the prizes, as the prizes do not have specific numbers attached.

Do we enter it here?

From the rules above: The entry must be posted in this thread.

Wait, did I just see 'free' and 'Lego' in the same sentence?

As well as 'random winners' which means I actually have a chance?

Bring it on!

Can't wait to get started on my entry!

What is the time limit on the bricks before they're not "new" anymore?

It's not that the bricks have to be new, you just can't reuse an old MOC.

Thanks for doing this CopMike!

Edit: Never mind, totally wrong

Edited by LegoDrake

What is the time limit on the bricks before they're not "new" anymore?

Bricklink uses these guidelines to distinguish between new and used.

will one of the prizes be the promo elrond fig? i so want that fig!!!!

can you include a non-lego wire or thread to hang it to the tree? or when it hangs to the tree does it have to be brick-built? also could you attach it to a tree from a lego set e.g. the tree from attack of the wargs?

Edited by LordLEGOtube

Before i show mine i just want to point out the Lego Christmas tree is the most unpractical piece ever, Almost nothing fits onto it (clips, Bricks etc) :tongue: , I spent at least half an hour creating crazy ways to try and attach the star before i realized how easy it was...

Anyway for my moc i felt Santa deserved a few more methods of Present delivery for when the slay was in for MOT.

You may notice the Moc contains tow swivel bricks to allow it to be turned when hung up via the round brick on the bottom.

10782709163_bb5772550e_c.jpg

X-mas decoration by Legocollecter123, on Flickr

In case you were wondering over here it is traditional not to have a tree but instead hang all decorations from the bathroom door handle :tongue: .

Edit- It's hard to tell but santa is indeed windsurfing.

Edited by The Joker1

Awesome! I'm looking forward to this. My entry will be going in a little later, I want to get some inspiration (and some more parts) first.

Here we go, Santa Wrecking Ball! I tried this with Santa, Miley Cyrus, and Darth Maul (6 AM this morning, Wrecking-Maul seemed hilarious) Santa seemed most appropriate, so here he is in all his glory.

rsz_1rsz_2013-11-10_124920.jpg