Sign in to follow this  
Ninja Nin

[SoNE Ep. II] From the Vulture's Eye

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

[ From the Vulture's Eye ]

Finally, the sandstorm was over.

As I came from Tatooine, I got used to sandstorms.

But I had never seen such a strong one in my life before, especially this was not an advantage to have one during the battle.

It appeared I was separated from the rest of the Rebel Assault team.

No sight of any Imperials, nor the Black Sun.

All communication devices were not functional, either got destroyed during the storm, or the Redemption had simply left us.

I wondered how many other Rebels survived, and now we were left alone in this dead rock.

Around me was the wreckage from the ground battle units, and maybe my only hope to escape.

I started building up an airspeeder, then I can search for the Rebel survivors and head to the nearest spaceport to contact the Alliance.

10755359464_d4cafd4146.jpg

Name : Vulture's Eye

Class : Sandspeeder

Engine unit : Anti-gravity Repulsorlift Engine

Armament : Dual repeating blaster cannon, Life Detector

Crew : Pilot (1X Ninja Nin)

10755361154_19a1377c71.jpg

10755362424_618d7232fb.jpg

10755366174_d1b86f5c03.jpg

Searching for survivors !

10755556823_a11501bd48.jpg

================================================================

[ Behind the Scene ]

10755570963_633a1d1b12.jpg

I don't own any of the 4 mentioned sets, but I do have some of the parts

Luckily we are allowed to use Grey / Dark Grey bricks instead of Bluish Light Grey / Bluish Dark Grey, that really offers a great help.

Thank you !

10755355926_7aae32f0c8.jpg

Part List :

No additional parts used in the speeder

1 Base Plate - Tan

Extra Parts for the scenery :

8 pieces Stormtroopers x2

1 piece Plate 4X6 - Tan

1 piece Hinge Plate 1X2 Locking with 1 Finger on Side - Light Bluish Gray

10 pieces Brick 1 X 2 - Trans-Clear

Total : 20 pieces

Ninja Nin sigfig - Tatooine Pilot Outfit

================================================================

Let me know if I missed out any rules.

I can eliminate those Stormtroopers if parts calculation is wrong. :wink:

Nice build Ninja Nin, good work! :thumbup:

The cockpit/main body section is my favourite. Haven't seen that baseplate before, where is it from?

A transparent dish from the A-wing might look good on the engine, but probably not worth taking new photos for.

The wings looks a bit messy from one or two of the angles, but that's what you get when working with a limited pile of bricks! :laugh:

Nice build Ninja Nin, good work! :thumbup:

The cockpit/main body section is my favourite. Haven't seen that baseplate before, where is it from?

I agree! Great build! @Fjotten, that baseplate is from the Old West sets.

Great speeder (and now comes the obligatory...) for a rebel. The cockpit looks really cosy.

Actually, it reminds me of the ARC 170, and also a bit of the Bat from TDKR.

The only problem I have: If you threw this together from all of the wreckage you found around you, then why don't I see any recognizable parts? You're not going to tell me that you disassembled everything and then assembled it from scratch...

O, and just because you have a cool airspeeder, doesn't mean that you can go around and bully some worthy impirial troopers! (Yeah! I'm not alone! There are fellow soldiers out there!)

This build is quite interesting. My favorite part is the cockip too. Sadly I think it misses the SW feel. It looks more like a magna robot or some Exo Force walker. Also I think it's a bit too colorful. I know the parts pile was limited here so that was an extra challange.

I love the way you've used the parts to make an interesting looking ship, but I have to agree with MstrOfPppts in that it doesn't feel like SW.

I think the EU, Clone Wars cartoon, the future Episodes 7, 8, and 9, and the future Rebels cartoons have taught us that there is a lot to the Star Wars universe that has never been shown before and there is a lot of variety that has yet to be shown. That being said, I think this speeder could definitely fit within the SW universe.

Yes, if you look at it that way, actually anything Sci-fi can fit into Star Wars. It's fiction after all. That's why at the beginning I stated that SoNE missed it's opportunity to be more fun going either the CW or TOR way. I consider myself a big SW fan (not a hardcore nerd) but OT is my least favorite for obvious reasons - the lack of interesting stuff and diversity. But since organizers decided to take it into the OT and also mix it into the story instead of continuing it after the sixth movie, I prefer things to be in canon with the OT story and feel wise ... and also struggle with that when thinking about my builds ...

Yes, if you look at it that way, actually anything Sci-fi can fit into Star Wars. It's fiction after all. That's why at the beginning I stated that SoNE missed it's opportunity to be more fun going either the CW or TOR way. I consider myself a big SW fan (not a hardcore nerd) but OT is my least favorite for obvious reasons - the lack of interesting stuff and diversity. But since organizers decided to take it into the OT and also mix it into the story instead of continuing it after the sixth movie, I prefer things to be in canon with the OT story and feel wise ... and also struggle with that when thinking about my builds ...

I think that's a really good goal with this contest and it's one I may need to follow more closely myself. I may have to readjust the way I build to match OT cannon, but I think you are on the right track.

I really like the use of the tail pieces in the cockpit, and I really like the engine in the back. The baseplate was also a great choice! I agree that this isn't quite OTish, but I think it could definitely be an alien manufacturer, like something from Sullust or Kiffex or the Bacta planet (can't remember the name from the Rogue Squadron books). Nice build!

Good job, a little colorful, but it is nicely executed. :classic:

(I don't think I could stand putting that on 1X2 bricks, it would be too nerve racking :laugh:)