Sign in to follow this  
Steinkopf

MOD: Recent updates to some of my MOC's

Hello Everyone

It's been a while since I have posted as I had not been building for some time,recently I decided to pullout some of my LBB MOC's and give them a bit of a makeover using some newer parts as well as different elements.

The first one to recieve this treatment was the vintage Push-Pull Set consisting of the BDe 4/4 Triebwagen and the ABt Steurwagen, in the original models I had used trans clear 1x2x2 Panels for the passengers windows, I was never happy with the panels and I had wanted to use some 1x4x3 Windows of some description but sadly back the there was none in Green at the time. Ideally I wanted to use the part ref 6556 Train Windows in these designs but I had also pondered using the part ref 60594 Windows without Shutter Tabs, after seeing Carls (Bricktrix) beautiful Class 116 DMU using the part ref 60594 Windows I was convince that I should give it a try, the results speak for themselves as I have now achieved the results I wanted when I originally start building these models.

10552651953_d8206e71a7_c.jpg

10552628143_a7752bba40_c.jpg

10552644533_0842178a9c_c.jpg

The next model to recieve the makeover treatment is the KLS/LBB 48 CLass 0-4-4-0 Mallet. When I first built this model I used 1x8 Technic Plates for the Drive Rods, this unfortunately meant the cylinders were placed more forward than I wanted which in turnlead to having to have the bogies set further apart as well as having a larger footplate area at the front of the locomotive. I initially didn't want to use 1x7 Half Width Technic Liftarms due to the holes in that part, but eventually I got over my aversiuon to this part and decided to use them, this has now helped me reduce the lngth of the locomotive by 3 studs as well as bringing the bogies closer together. The locomotive has now acquired a more squat and powerful look compared to the original build, the look that I now have achieved is a lot closer to the KPEV G9 0-4-4-0 that had served as my inspiration to build a Mallet style locomotive.

10722849123_30efd0cfd9_c.jpg

10722908203_ed6f49e2ff_c.jpg

They look really good. Where can I find pictures of the old versions for reference?

Thanks Urbain Erwin, the pictures are on my Flickr stream I will put the links for you to see.

LBB BDe4/4 Triebwagen

LBB ABt Steuerwagen

KLS/LBB 48 Class Mallet

Good looking updates. Had you considered using 1x4x3 transclear panels before getting the green 1x4x3 windows?

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Good looking updates. Had you considered using 1x4x3 transclear panels before getting the green 1x4x3 windows?

Hello dr_spock, I didn't try the 1x4x3 transclear panels as they would have not looked appropriate in the size and style for the era of train I was modelling, mind you they look good when used for modern stock.