NiceMarmot

The University of Petraea's Doctorate of Historica Program

• Architecture
    • roofing -- Demonstrate mastery of three roofing techniques, not including using standard LEGO slope bricks. Each technique is a separate certification. See examples here and here.
    • wall techniques -- Demonstrate mastery of three advanced wall techniques. Standard, studs-up walls of bricks are not included. Each technique is a separate certification. Examples include (but are not limited to):
      • 1x1 round plate walls (a la Derfel Cadarn) (approved, SG: Chateau of Roses)
      • SNOTted tile stonework
      • half-timbered Tudor style
      • wooden walls

[*]round walls and towers

[*]roof rakes (the inclined end of the roof between the eaves and the ridge; see explanation and a great example from Derfel Cadarn)

[*]advanced windows (approved, SG: Chateau of Roses) and window frames

[*]advanced SNOT -- See question below for an explanation

[*]Landscape Design

• trees (demonstrate mastery of at least three different tree building techniques; examples here and here)
    • flowers and dense foliage landscaping
    • studs up rocks and cliffs
    • two of:
      • sand dunes
      • snow and ice
      • extreme environments (lava, caves, acidic pools, etc)
      • sideways rocks (studs horizontal)

[*]Hydrology

• four of:
      • still water (lakes, ponds, ocean without waves, etc)
      • waves
      • flowing water
      • waterfalls
      • underwater

[*]General Building (Other Techniques)

• minifig posing
    • interior design
    • forced perspective
    • microscale
    • one of:
      • lighted builds (e.g., light bricks, LEDs)
      • movement-enabled (Power Functions, or manually operated via gears or other mechanisms)
      • mosaics, stained glass, or complex SNOTted floor designs
      • brick films

[*]History

• A special discipline, wherein you must build three MOCs depicting significant events in Kaliphlin's history (you make up the events, or use whatever existing history there is). You must also supply a story of suitable length and quality describing the historical event pictured. At least two of the history builds must consist of at least three different pictures, either different scenes altogether, or the same scene at different moments in time, with changes to the scene such as figure movement.

[*]Military Science

• battle scene
    • siege
    • fortifications
    • military camp

[*]Trade and Law

• marketplace
    • manufacturing
    • one of:
      • caravan / shipping by land
      • shipping by sea / water

[*]two of:

• arresting criminals and/or jail
      • courtroom
      • governing body (king, council, etc)

[*]Agriculture and Zoology

• three of:
      • crop farming
      • raising livestock
      • fishing
      • harvest time
      • logging

[*]brick-built animals -- Brick-built animals, birds, or fish, realistically rendered using advanced or innovative techniques. Number of animals should be commensurate with their scale -- three or more if they're approximately minifig sized.

[*]Anthropology

• two of:
      • city scene
      • village life
      • countryside scene
      • tribal scene

[*]life in Kaliphlin (approved, 1/2) ( Baladil Plantation, Hacienda)

[*]two of:

• life in Avalonia
      • life in Mitgardia
      • life in Nocturnus
      • life in Valyrio

[*]Geography

• four of:
      • mountains or cliffs
      • oceanside or river scene
      • forests
      • swamp
      • desert
      • grasslands

[*]Culture

• pick 2 of the following:
      • Theater
      • Music
      • Art

Edited by Scaevola

I'd like to apply for certification of The Ahok in the category Trade and Law: shipping by sea / water. This will mark my first application to the University of Petraea - I appreciate any critique of my build!

Congrats to Gideon and Soccerkid on obtaining their Bachelor of Architecture degrees! Well done guys! :classic:

I'd like to claim UoP credits for the following builds:

I would like to have the approval of these claimed credits:

Builds:

advanced placement credits

builds for UoP/DoH:

• Everlast, Headquarter of the I.A.M.S. : "Landscaping: Studs up Rocks (claimed)" + "General: Interior design (claimed)" + "Military Science: fortifications (claimed)" + Geography: mountains (claimed)"
  • Mpya Stedor: The Library & Gate of Amenor : "Architecture: advanced windows (claimed)" + "General: Forced perspective (claimed)" + "Culture: Art (claimed)" + "Architecture: roofing technic (claimed)"
  • A MAESTRO Shop in Thorshaven, Mitgardia: "Hydrology: still water (claimed)" + "Trade And Law: Trade by sea (claimed)" + "Antroplogy: Life in Mitgardia (claimed)" + Geography : oceanside (claimed)"
  • Kicking Avalonians (what a nice dream) : "Hydrology: waves (claimed)" + "General: minifigposing (claimed)" + "Antropology: life in Avalonia (claimed)" + "Antropology: country life (claimed)"

Damaximus, I'll go ahead and give you a +1 for all your claims here, except the Hydrology Sill Water for MAESTRO Shop. You already claimed that for Lake of the Trapped Warriors, and it is a better example.

DM, I will give you +1 for City Life, Life in Kaliphlin and Marketplace (for your "West Inner Mpya Stedor in a time of Celebration" moc) Funnily enough i prefer your "Still water" example for your MAESTRO shop, rather than the older moc, and have approved it there. All other credits are in the comments on each moc - please take the time to read through them, as i haven't approved them all.

Just went through a whole bunch of MOCs and gave several credits. Please let me know if anyone I haven't approved/disapproved yet is still pending!

@DM, I'll give you the credits for West Inner MP in time of celebration, but I don't quite see the Lake of the Trapped Warriors as qualifying for still water. Seems a bit bumpy for that. The rest are in their own threads.

I'd like to apply for UoP credits for my The Sanctuary of Bloodleaf Shrine build:

Architecture - 1x Roof technique

Architecture - Advanced SNOT (for the circular 1st floor balcony)

Landscape Design - 1x Tree

Anthropology - Life in Avalonia

Thankyou for your consideration :classic:

I'd like to claim roofing #1 (wood roof), roofing #2 (stone roof), wall technique #3 (all three Architecture), flowers and dense foliage landscaping (Landscaping Design) for my Drafted!

Please note that the wall technique I used there is outwardly quite similar to my A Child's Dream. However, the Castle was completely SNOTted (considerably easier) + included round towers, not slanted pillars. Hopefully they're sufficiently different to qualify, but I did feel that I should mention it.

I would like to recieve UoP credit for Challenge II Category A - A Discussion on Strategies for:

Landscape Design: trees 1

I am also still missing one credit for [GNAR] The IceStorm for shipping by sea (the credits I have are from Kai, Gabe and nstickney, BTW) and one for AoM Barracks Phase I - Sparring for dense foilage (credits from Gideon, Kai, and gedren_y). (No need to bump such an old thread; I would appreciated it if someone could approve it here though :wink: )

Edited by Garmadon

I'm looking for credit for my Lookout! build; tree #1, (Landscape Design), underwater (Hydrology), history #1 (History; not one of the double scene ones), and forced perspective (General Building).

I'd like to apply for UoP credits for my Ch II, Cat A and C entries:

Kaliphlin Medical Corps:

Landscape design - Flowers and dense foliage

Trade and Law - Caravan/shipping by land

The Plagued Coast:

General building - minifig posing

Hydrology - Still water

Geography - Oceanside

Thankyou for your consideration :classic:

I'm lacking one vote for my Ch II MOC claims:

• Architecture - roofing
  • Architecture - wall techniques (Tudor style)
  • Anthropology - life in Avalonia

Thanks!

I most humbly apply for the following UoP credits for A black day

Landscape design - Trees.

Wall techniques - Half timbered tudor style

Anthropology - Life in Avalonia

Anthropology - Village scene

I'm looking for credits for Studs up Rocks and Cliffs (Landscape Design), Tree #2 (Landscape Design), Crop Farming (Agriculture and Zoology), Mountains or Cliffs (Geography) for my Micro Village.

Looking for one more credit for Architecture: advanced windows and Architecture: 1x1 round plate walls for SG: Chateau of Roses

EDIT: The credits are no longer required/requested

Edited by Scaevola

I'd like to apply for credit for grasslands (Geography) for my Picnic! build.