NiceMarmot

The University of Petraea's Doctorate of Historica Program

I'd like to receive the following credits for my Blue Palace build: life in Kaliphlin [Anthropology], and desert [Geology]= 2 credits

And I still need two more votes for all credits from my Daydelon Manor build

Edited by soccerkid6

I'd like to claim the following credits for my Kaliphlin Desert Cavalry in Action build:

• Battle Scene [Military Science]
  • Desert [Geography]
  • Tree (3/3) [Landscape Design]

Edit: Credits approved, thank you!

Edited by Gideon

I really can't stand double posting, but I am still missing one UoP credit for both AoM Archery Phase I - Hunting - forced perspective and AoM Barracks Phase I - Sparring - flowers and dense foliage landscaping :classic: (BTW, rather than resurrecting the threads you could just post it here, since I'm only missing one for each)

Edited by Garmadon

I'd like to apply for the following credits please for my build The Wayfarer :

• Trade/Law - Shipping by water
  • Hydrology - Waves
  • Life in Kaliphlin

Thanks! :classic:

I'm still not 100% sure how the UofP works. Do I claim credits here? I only have a couple of builds up but I think there may be a few things I could claim...

I'm still not 100% sure how the UofP works. Do I claim credits here? I only have a couple of builds up but I think there may be a few things I could claim...

When you post a build you can claim credits for it in the build's thread. Afterwards, it's a good idea to post here so that we know you're looking for credits. If you want credit for a build that you've already finished, go ahead and edit your post + comment here so we can get to it.

Okay. I'll go through them and do that. I did ask about credits in my first AoM build, but I didn't post here and I wasn't sure which credits to try and claim. I'll go through the list and claim whatever is appropriate. Thank you!

I'd like to claim UoP credits on my two MOCs:

Yukar Clan for Trade and Law: Caravan and Anthropology: Tribal Scene and Geography: Desert and Minifig Posing.

AoM Barracks Phase1 for Landscape: Trees and Anthropology: Life in Mitgardia and Minifig Posing.

As this is my first time trying to claim UoP credits, I'm not sure how strong some of these claims are. I've gone off what the builds feature and what has been commented on. I've neglected to include Freebuild Arena MOC because it was not technically an Historica build.

Thanks, Kaliphites!

EDIT: Kai suggested I claim Freebuild Arena MOC after all.

Claims:

Trade and Law: Governing Body

Anthropology: City Scene

Edited by mccoyed

You'll soon get a feel for how strong we're looking for. Also, you claimed minifig posing twice; all you need is one for most credits unless otherwise specified. (Landscape: trees, for example, is 1/3, but they all have to be different techniques.)

And it's perfectly fine to use any build as long as it has been posted in the GoH forum, even if it doesn't relate to your story/was not built exclusively for GoH.

Thanks Kai. I may claim something from the Arena MOC then.

As for the minifig posing... does it make sense to claim something twice if you're not sure you've earned it for both builds? Is that overkill?

As for the minifig posing... does it make sense to claim something twice if you're not sure you've earned it for both builds? Is that overkill?

Not really, especially with something like minifig posing which is not a hard credit to get. So far at least, we haven't been dividing the credits up like that, except in the exceptions I mentioned (like trees) in which case it's really three credits. If we give you minifig posing we're giving it to you for the one build we post on, not for a combination of builds (unless there are several in the same topic). Hopefully that made sense and answered your question!

@Kai: I edited the other post to include the Arena Freebuild MOC. As for my question about posing... I have another! If I get that credit once, that's all I need right? Once you have it, you have it and don't have to claim it again?

@Kai: I edited the other post to include the Arena Freebuild MOC. As for my question about posing... I have another! If I get that credit once, that's all I need right? Once you have it, you have it and don't have to claim it again?

Right, you only need a credit once. So it doesn't make sense to apply twice, since that's kind of needlessly overworking the graders (not much, but it could add up - in theory). And if you're doing it because you think it might be rejected on one MOC you probably just shouldn't claim it for that one.

By the way, as long as you're not double posting (which in general should be kept to a minimum), don't just edit a previous post with claimed credits; the idea is to alert us to the claim, and we don't get notified if you just edit a post.

Okay Kai. Thanks for all the guidance. I think I am approved on minifig posing so I won't ask for that credit again!

I'd like to claim credit for "Trade and Law": "Shipping by sea/Water" for my customs patrol craft, The Switsure.

I'd like to claim the following credits for my Opening the Gates build:

• Military Science: Siege
  • Architecture: Half-timbered Tudor style
  • Architecture: Roof rakes
  • Agriculture and Zoology: Raising livestock

On another UoP note I've got a ton of threads to read and comment. I'll try to give some UoP acknowledgements and feedback as I go through those.

Edit: All these credits approved (except for the retracted Siege claim), thank you!

Edited by Gideon

I'm looking for credits for Battling the Waves; waves (hydrology), flowing water (hydrology), and minifigure posing (general building).

Edit: Forget the flowing water.

Edited by Kai NRG

Thanks to the latest bunch of credits you've approved I've now completed the degree of Bachelor of Architecture. Together with my previous degrees Bachelor of Anthropology and Bachelor of Landscape Design this now enables me to claim the degree Master (if you want to review my credits for this, please check my tracking thread entry).

Half way to the doctorate now...

Edited by Gideon