NiceMarmot

The University of Petraea's Doctorate of Historica Program

Well, this isn't the most automated system but it could work. It's a Google spreadsheet that anyone with the link can access and edit (no need for a Google account, to lower entry barrier). If security becomes an issue (which I doubt), we can always distribute the link only by PM to voting Kaliphlin members.

Voting Spreadsheet

The idea is all of us would insert new entries as they come up, and when we vote on a topic, we ourselves go over to the link and write our name and green for approval or red for denial, for each credit. I've started with a real entry (Darkness in Mitgardia 4) and two fake ones, to demonstrate other "voting states".

It would be of great help to ask credit claimants to post on this thread, so it's easier for us to add new entries. I volunteer to remove entries that have either passed or failed completely once per week, and then update this thread with the results (every Monday, so we divide entries week by week).

Thoughts?

Edited by qiadris

That sounds like a good system, but there are a few problems that I see with it - first of all, it moves the base away from EB, which makes it harder for new members to get involved. That's probably the biggest problem. The second is that it would require a deal of work on your part, and the initial idea was to make this as self-sufficient as possible.

The Mitgardians haven't had any complaints about their system so I don't see what's wrong with ours (except that it's less subtle). Maybe if we lowered the passing to three +1s (because it does seem like any MOC that gets that far gets the fourth without much trouble) or two -1 to fail (same reason), that would help MOCs to get through within the normal life of a thread. (The downside of lowering it is that new members could take over the approval process easily, which means required quality could go down - nothing against current new members though!) It's understandable that dG would rather not open an old topic just to read '+1', but the only ways around that take a lot out of the program in other areas.

Also, just as a general tip (and maybe this could be edited into the thread), if your MOC has a -1 on an area (or an 'I'm not going to give you credit for this') it's recommended that you retract your claims. That way we don't have a pile of old MOCs that have 1 negative - no one's going to bump an old thread just to say they don't approve.

And on the subject, I'd like to claim credit for snow and ice (Landscape Design), shipping by land (Trade and Law), and life in Mitgardia(Anthropology) for my Oil for the Mitgardians build. And missing 1 1/2 for Stranded.

Edit:

Posting claims on builds this old bumps the thread too much in my opinion, better to only put the claims in the general UoP thread.

But as this thread is already bumped, I'll give you +1 on all four :classic:

As Gideon brought the topic up in narbilu's thread, I thought I'd mention that IMHO if an MOC is applying for credits for the first time it should be done that way. At least that's how it was initially set up with the Advanced Placement builds (which is basically what NB is doing here) - even though builds could have been as old as June15th, they were still bumped in that way.

Now if a build is only missing one credit I can understand it being carried out in this thread. But it's still a lot more complicated (I can't see whether I've already responded, for example).

Obviously there's nothing technically wrong with bumping a thread for those reasons, or we would have been told so. Of course we want to be considerate to non-participant GoHers as well, but I think we've struck a pretty close to fair balance. As I said, ideally a MOC would pass within a few weeks, and we could tweak the system to facilitate that, but I don't think we should make any major changes, at least if they're going to influence the rest of the program so decisively.

Edited by Kai NRG

I'd like to claim the following credits for my Mitgardian Trade build:

• Shipping by sea/water (Trade and Law)
  • Logging (Agriculture and Zoology)
  • Oceanside or river scene (Geography)
  • Snow and ice (Landscape design)

I'd like to claim credits for A Meeting in Raven's Eye, a small village MOC. (I've linked to my updated post where I corrected some issues identified by other readers).

UoP Credits Claimed:

1) Hyrdology (Flowing Water) 1/4

2) Hydrology (Pond) 1/4

3) Anthropology (Village life) 1/4

4) Landscape (Flowers and dense foliage) 1/4

Edited by DrColossus

I'd like to claim the following credits for AoM; Barracks Phase 2

Landscape Design: Snow and Ice

General Building: Minifigure Posing

Military Science: Military Camp

I would like to claim the following credits:

Hemresa Eastern Tower

certifications:

landscape design (flowers and dense foliage) 3/4

military science (fortification) 3/4

anthropology (life in Avalonia) 3/4

geography (mountains or cliffs) 3/4

Challange 1 A – Grimm on Hemresa

certifications:

general building (minifig posing) 3/4

militairy science (battle scene) 0/4

Challange 1 B – Mountain Pass

certifications:

military science (fortification) 0/4

anthropology (life in Nocturnus) 0/4

Challange 1 C – Mount crow of the snow elves

certifications:

landscape design (trees) 3/4

landscape design (snow and ice) 3/4

anthropology (tribal scene) 3/4

anthropology (life in Nocturnus) 3/4

Albion – Hemresa Legion Recruitment Office

certifications:

anthropology (city scene) 3/4

Avalonia – Hemresa agriculture

certifications:

landscape design (trees) 2/4

landscape design (flowers and dense foliage) 0/4

agriculture and zoology (crop farming) 2/4

anthropology (country side) 2/4

I'd like to receive credit for: advanced SNOT [Architecture] (for the window designs), and mosaics, stained glass, or complex SNOTted floor designs [General Building (Other Techniques)] (for the SNOT floor and stained glass windows)= 2 credits

from my Daydelon Manor build

And I still need one more vote for both credits from Darkness in Mitgardia Chapter 4

I'd like to claim the following UoP credits:

For Sultan's Gate Town Houses

• Roofing [architecture] (2/3, for the domed roof).
  • City scene [anthropology]

For Sultan's Gate Main Gate

• Roofing [architecture] (3/3, for the flat tower roofs with the sloping tiled roofs in the middle)
  • Caravan / shipping by land [trade and law]

Edited by Gideon

Well, we do seem to have a backlog here. I think one of the problems is that not everyone comes to this thread first to look at new MOCs. I wonder if adding a tag to the title [uoPNeed] or something a long that lines would not help. Then when it succeeds or fails, we post back in this forum, and I erase that tag from your title. What do you all think?

Hello everyone, I'd like to claim the following credits for my build AoM: Barracks Phase 3

Architecture: Roofing

Military Science: Fortification

Anthropology: Life in Mitgardia

I think I got pretty much caught up there, sorry I hadn't been able to hit those earlier.

I'd liketo claim Wall Techniques (1/3 - for the purple house - , Architecture), Life in Kaliphlin (Anthropology), Desert (Geography) for my Sultan's Gate build.

Also missing one for FP on Stranded.

With the latest couple of builds, I hereby claim the title of Bachelor of Anthropology with the following credits:

If I've missed something here, please point it out!

Edited by Gideon

Congrats to our learned Kaliphlin citizens. Someone should do a MOC of these two receiving their honors.

PM'ed one opinion on Qiadris's Sultan's Gate build, they just need one more please. :classic:

ps. Congrats to Gideon and Kai on your recent qualifications! Great stuff fellow Kaliphlinites. :thumbup: :thumbup: