Paul Boratko

Any Guesses as to what these parts are..?

I don't think $800 is expensive for training material. For soft skill courses like team building you can charge a couple hundred dollars per person per day. Run a class or two and you recover your costs. It is easier to buy a prepackaged kit than trying to source the parts from various Bricklink sellers.

The rigs are priced at 100 bucks a piece. I doubt that they are actually selling for that price.

A few have sold for those prices in the past(you can check the sold history for them) but once they start getting back out there, the prices will drop significantly...

Sorry to tell you guys, but the flex axles in this set are the ribbed type. I noticed these a couple of weeks ago and frantically searched for a parts list. Brickset or Lego.com had it, and they are listed as the ribbed type.

Mike

edit: OK, now I can't find it.....

Lego.com shows the 19L in red and grey and 11L & 12L in black but no orange or lime.

Bummer.... I had my fingers crossed these were new flex axles... It is really hard to tell from the picture...

I don't think $800 is expensive for training material. For soft skill courses like team building you can charge a couple hundred dollars per person per day. Run a class or two and you recover your costs. It is easier to buy a prepackaged kit than trying to source the parts from various Bricklink sellers.

That is a good point... As someone mentioned earlier, I don't quite understand the intermixing of the Animals here with the other parts... What exactly are these training kits for..?

2000430-1.jpg

A few have sold for those prices in the past(you can check the sold history for them) but once they start getting back out there, the prices will drop significantly...

Bummer.... I had my fingers crossed these were new flex axles... It is really hard to tell from the picture...

That's amazing. And I thought that RC parts were expensive.

Also, the official inventory appears to be incorrect, as there are several parts in the picture that are not mentioned.

Judging by the parts it looks like a presentation/illustration tool. There is probably a booklet or something with alot of examples for various illustrative uses, like small assemblies to resemble objects that are used with other similar assembled objects and figures.

... It is easier to buy a prepackaged kit than trying to source the parts from various Bricklink sellers.

Thanks.

It's one of the other reason i think this set isn't overpriced when use in this case.

Count the time pass on bricklinking whole parts. Time to get it...

That is a good point... As someone mentioned earlier, I don't quite understand the intermixing of the Animals here with the other parts... What exactly are these training kits for..?

This kit are design for training manager, director, chief designer and other people who do lead team in enterprise.

Intermixing part: duplo, standard technic, can be take for an approach of communication problem: duplo connect each other with certains rules which represent communication in one group.

Technic bricks connect with other rules, another group, and so for dtandard brick.

3 groups having ways of communication but they have to communicate each other to achieve the project.

Some of the rules are the same for the 3 groups and that's the solutionthey will use to communicate each other and achieve thier common goal.

There are other developpement for using differents sort of bricks.

Just an example which is use by some AFOL building big MOC: Duplo is use as foundation and structural piece. Lego standard bricks are use for the visible parts of the MOC. And technic are use for implementing or just animating.

Three goals = three type of bricks.

For cheapest use, if you look on the community page http://seriousplaypro.com/, you'll see that Serious Play is use in school. But as it is mentionned in one article, for kids building set like lego build to express: http://shop.legoeduc...s-set-45110-52/ or the lego ultimate building are more than enough.

Christophe

Edited by VWcharger69

I'm completely baffled by the whole concept and TLG's marketing strategy - and I run my own business.

Just taken a quick look around - 100 bags of these sets of 47 crap random pieces - $485??

I've been a builder many years and I'd struggle to create something with those 47 pieces, so how can I expect my novice-builder employees to do anything other than laugh at the whole exercise?

These are some strange sets. I do raelly wonder what these sets enable that can't be done with regular sets from regular themes. Buy a creator set or a basic brick bucket and you have many of the same pieces. So let's hope that these sets are more than part packs - they better include presentation material or the like.

I've been a builder many years and I'd struggle to create something with those 47 pieces

You'd struggle to create something with those 47 pieces because you've been a builder many years - being a builder for many years raises your standards of what constitues a good build.

Wow! Never expected them to sell for that price. I bought black ones instead, planning to paint them. Still need to finish the build though.

There's now an inventory available on the LEGO site, which you can view here on brickset. But, remind, these inventories are not always 100% complete!

The other serious play kit has an inv too, btw.