Paul Boratko

Any Guesses as to what these parts are..?

Probably they are what you think they are. We cannot know for sure until better pictures are there.

I am a little sceptical right now, but it would be good if those black rare parts wouldn't be so rare anymore, no matter how that would be achieved.

The interesting part is a little further up to the right :wink:

Someone on BL purchased a set and I'm looking forward to his feedback ..

Holy sh** ... now that you say it ...

Oh wow. The price is insane, but there are some interesting parts there. Can't really tell the size of the flex axles though. :sceptic:

What part are you talking about?

Wait, are those the parts from the Millennium Falcon?

Edited by Meatman

Hi

he is talking anout the light blueish grey boat masts. Those parts are very very rare and used to cover the back enginge part of the UCS Millenium Falcon. People paying about 100€$£ each, and they need two zo BL a 10179.

Dino

Funny last year no sets had flexible axles and now this year they are showing up everywhere including the architecture sets. :laugh:

Great, my 2014 budget just went to hell

edit: But $754.99 por 2455 parts? Shouldn't that be more like $254.99 ?

Edited by aol000xw

Great, my 2014 budget just went to hell

edit: But $754.99 por 2455 parts? Shouldn't that be more like $254.99 ?

Yeah really. What in this set is skyrocketing the price up so high? There are not any power functions in it.

Oh! I get it now, sorry did not read the description,

"The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® program is a radical and innovative process designed to enhance business performance through building with LEGO bricks."

So "Serious Play" is an euphemism for marketing crap, hence the price. Now let me fix it.

"The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® program is a radical and innovative process designed to enhance TLG business performance through building with overpriced LEGO bricks."

Oh! I get it now, sorry did not read the description,

"The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® program is a radical and innovative process designed to enhance business performance through building with LEGO bricks."

So "Serious Play" is an euphemism for marketing crap, hence the price. Now let me fix it.

"The LEGO® SERIOUS PLAY® program is a radical and innovative process designed to enhance TLG business performance through building with overpriced LEGO bricks."

Hello,

The Lego Serious Play is an educative programm. As many tools, i'm using for education, this serious game (as many other seriuos game) are not cheap.

All set from the Serious Play Line are not overpriced for an utilisation in learning.

Further, I would say that this set are specially design and even 750€ or 1000$ is a very low price tool. I say tool because it's just a tool.

As an indication, a society which use this tool will sell you a one day learning time for 1500 or 2000€ per participant... :blush:

Last year, I had developped a serious game qith lego parts and sets. I took me time... and I had to buy as many set as students i had. (15 per session).

This serious game use sets ref 4439, 7741, 4203 and 3181. Make the cart and look at the final price.

Just my reflection.

Christophe Anthoine

There are nice parts inside but the price is not really justified!

For me this is only disposal and they hope to find someone to pay 750$......... :wacko:

Hello,

The Lego Serious Play is an educative programm. As many tools, i'm using for education, this serious game (as many other seriuos game) are not cheap.

All set from the Serious Play Line are not overpriced for an utilisation in learning.

Further, I would say that this set are specially design and even 750€ or 1000$ is a very low price tool. I say tool because it's just a tool.

As an indication, a society which use this tool will sell you a one day learning time for 1500 or 2000€ per participant... :blush:

Last year, I had developped a serious game qith lego parts and sets. I took me time... and I had to buy as many set as students i had. (15 per session).

This serious game use sets ref 4439, 7741, 4203 and 3181. Make the cart and look at the final price.

Just my reflection.

Christophe Anthoine

What you are saying is that you use overpriced tools in overpriced courses all with ridicously high profit margins. Sorry I won't fall for the hype, I spent a few years in that corporative environment. Is part of the machine and knowing it just makes everything more absurd. But ok, it is how it works so I can "understand" they charge whatever on manuals, training etc.The cost of developing is so.... ethereal that some people feel comfortable paying whatever for it. But I shall not discuss any further it's educative merits or real costs as it does not belong to these forums. The parts on the other hand...

The parts are just parts. Lego isn't cheap to begin with, asking 3 times the price for the parts is ridiculous, no matter what the purpouse of that set of parts is. Furthermore If those prices are correct, as an AFOL I feel highly offensive that TLG makes available such highly sought after parts only in those sets. That is not the way to treat loyal customers, just to make some high higher margin sales.

Sorry to tell you guys, but the flex axles in this set are the ribbed type. I noticed these a couple of weeks ago and frantically searched for a parts list. Brickset or Lego.com had it, and they are listed as the ribbed type.

Mike

edit: OK, now I can't find it.....

Lego.com shows the 19L in red and grey and 11L & 12L in black but no orange or lime.

Edited by Kronos

Hello,

Just my reflection.

Christophe Anthoine

You do realize that you do not have to spend anywhere near that much money to get as many parts.

There is actually a set even higher than this one. All I have to say is Lego, are you serious? :laugh:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-SERIOUS-PLAY-Identity-and-Landscape-Kit-2000430

I also don't understand the randomness of mixing Technic, Duplo, and other themes? :wacko:

Sorry to tell you guys, but the flex axles in this set are the ribbed type. I noticed these a couple of weeks ago and frantically searched for a parts list. Brickset or Lego.com had it, and they are listed as the ribbed type.

Mike

That sucks.

What you are saying is that you use overpriced tools in overpriced courses all with ridicously high profit margins. Sorry I won't fall for the hype, I spent a few years in that corporative environment. Is part of the machine and knowing it just makes everything more absurd. But ok, it is how it works so I can "understand" they charge whatever on manuals, training etc.The cost of developing is so.... ethereal that some people feel comfortable paying whatever for it. But I shall not discuss any further it's educative merits or real costs as it does not belong to these forums. The parts on the other hand...

The parts are just parts. Lego isn't cheap to begin with, asking 3 times the price for the parts is ridiculous, no matter what the purpouse of that set of parts is. Furthermore If those prices are correct, as an AFOL I feel highly offensive that TLG makes available such highly sought after parts only in those sets. That is not the way to treat loyal customers, just to make some high higher margin sales.

No I don't make margins. I'm working in a University.

I was just speaking about course as consultant.

Overpriced course: no it's just reality when you make course not for student teaching but as an consultant.

All these set are not just parts, but selected parts for an application which isn't playing, but a commercial application.

Research for this kind of tools developpement isn't cheap and I'd think paying the research isn't silly.

The Lego Serious Play is developped since 1990...

I understand that as an AFOL you think it's overpriced (and personnally as an AFOL I think it's overpriced). But this set is a tool. If you looked around the web for the other "serious game" you'll find that the price isn't very high.

As you said it's for commercial uses where margins and benefits are common. Why TLG wouldn't make margin on this product.

You do realize that you do not have to spend anywhere near that much money to get as many parts.

There is actually a set even higher than this one. All I have to say is Lego, are you serious? :laugh:

http://shop.lego.com...ape-Kit-2000430

I also don't understand the randomness of mixing Technic, Duplo, and other themes? :wacko:

That sucks.

I don'y understand why you said that i don't have to spend so much money to get the parts.

I'm teaching management and project planning with serious game, not only with brick but others serious game.

For the game I developped, need all the parts in the set I list.

If you have the solution for buying all this parts not on BL (because it isn't possible for payment method use) cheaper than I have paid, I'll wiil take and use it.

Christophe

PS: If moderator think this discussion should be put in another section, I'll deleted my posts and open a new thread.

Edited by VWcharger69

Oh wow, this is one spiffy find. It looks like we've also got studded Technic bricks, lime beams, and some other parts I can't even identify. However, the price totally blows. I'd only be ordering these parts direct from Lego.

Yeah really. What in this set is skyrocketing the price up so high? There are not any power functions in it.

They may be expensive but if you get the set and can sell all 6 masts pieces for over $100 a piece, the remaining 2000+ piece set ends up well under $200 final price.

I mentioned this in SW forum last week. But someone needs to get this set first, do a detailed part list first then we'd see if they are really the rare pieces or if they are different sized and not as valuable.

The rigs are priced at 100 bucks a piece. I doubt that they are actually selling for that price.