Wellesley

Third rate 74 gun ship of the line

Hi Mates,

from tomorrow on I will have a lot of time to finish this vessel. Already planning a second, a frigate around 20 guns. Just ordered the first parts.

Some Information:

- I will use brown prefab hulls, but propably with brickbuilt bow, stern and some middleparts (got the Blacksea's Barracuda when I was young, will add three more midsections, I ordered today)

- above the brown I will work in black, with a white or maybe even yellow stripe for the battery.

- red gunports

- brickbuilt masts, a lot of round yellow bricks left from the ship of the line

Photos of the "Bulwark?" will follow within the next days.

Wellesley

Edited by Wellesley

Hey there,

wanted to share some photos of my two ships.

From the ship of the line just a little scenery. I put a sailor into the shrouds and he threw a beautiful shadow on the sails.

theclimbing2.jpg_thumb.jpg

And then my new frigate. She will get her own thread soon, but I don't know how constantly I will work on her within the next few months, so I present you the pictures here.

First I had a black/yellow colour scheme. Thougt that would fit with my first ship the best. But soon I had to discover, that i ran out of a lot of certain yellow bricks, swallowed by the "Bulwark".

As well the red gunports would look better with a black/white design. Instead of hinges I used jumper plates again. I thougt it would be good to stay as closest as possible with the ship of the line design. But I like how she turned out.

20150224_165720.jpg_thumb.jpg20150224_165740.jpg_thumb.jpg20150224_165751.jpg_thumb.jpg20150224_165805.jpg_thumb.jpg20150224_165825.jpg_thumb.jpg20150225_105409.jpg_thumb.jpg

20150225_105423.jpg_thumb.jpg20150225_105434.jpg_thumb.jpg20150225_105449.jpg_thumb.jpg20150225_105525.jpg_thumb.jpg20150225_105552.jpg_thumb.jpg20150225_105810.jpg_thumb.jpg

Greetings,

Wellesley!

I like what you've done so far. It's a bit larger than the frigate I'm working on, and it looks as though you got some of the issues figured out that I'm still dealing with in my build.

Have you planned how you're going to do the masts?

I will do the masts and the rigging like on my ship of the line (previous page). I will upload some new pictures, when I've finished adding the bowlines. The square rig is nearly complete, the only thing I wont rig are the buntlines.

Hi mates,

it's been a while since my last post, because I didn't work on my ship for a long time.

But I could manage to spend the last days in april at my parents house and get some things done.

I think with help of the photos of her current shape you can imagine the finished vessel.

But I still have to rig the bowlines at the main and fore topgalants. I added clewlines but renounced the buntlines.

I bought some green 2x1 m papers to build a ground and background for greenscreen pictures. Does anyone can recommend a programm for doing that?

Here some photos, as always in my brickshelf are more photos. The crew contains 36 sea soldiers, about 100 sailors and a bunch of officers. I will place them later. If my frigate gets finished, I will probably just split the crew to man both vessels. And of course, I still need longboats, the prefab row boats are a little bit too small, but I can use 1-3 of those anyways.

img_0092.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_0093.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_0096.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_0107.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_0108.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_0114.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_0113.jpg_thumb.jpg

img_0117.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_0127.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_0128.jpg_thumb.jpgimg_0131.jpg_thumb.jpg

http://www.brickshel...gi?f=555974&n=0

Greetings,

Wellesley!

Edited by Wellesley

Finally Brickshelf has made my new folder public.

I did these photos here to try some pictures with paintings or photos as background via green screen.

As I first have seen the taken pictures I was afraid that my green background wasn't lightened enough, but now I already created some pictures and its working.

I will first gather some green screen edited pictures before uploading them, as well the cut out ships for free usage.

bird-view-1.jpg_thumb.jpgbird-view-2.jpg_thumb.jpgbird-view-3.jpg_thumb.jpgbow-view-1.jpg_thumb.jpgbow-view-2.jpg_thumb.jpgbow-view-3.jpg_thumb.jpg

bow-view-4.jpg_thumb.jpgbow-view-5.jpg_thumb.jpgbroadside-1.jpg_thumb.jpgbroadside-2.jpg_thumb.jpgbroadside-3.jpg_thumb.jpgforesails.jpg_thumb.jpg

gaff-sail.jpg_thumb.jpgport-side.jpg_thumb.jpgscenery-1.jpg_thumb.jpgscenery-2.jpg_thumb.jpgscenery-3.jpg_thumb.jpgscenery-4.jpg_thumb.jpg

scenery-5.jpg_thumb.jpgscenery-6.jpg_thumb.jpgscenery-7.jpg_thumb.jpgscenery-8.jpg_thumb.jpgstarbord-low-angle.jpg_thumb.jpgstarbord-side-1.jpg_thumb.jpg

starbord-side-2.jpg_thumb.jpgstern-view.jpg_thumb.jpgstern.jpg_thumb.jpgstreamer.jpg_thumb.jpg

These were some of the better pictures, still have to go through all two hundred I've taken.

Greetings,

Wellesley!

I just finished the first greenscreen pics. It's not always the same perspective or scale but at least im getting better.

battle.jpg_thumb.jpgbowlw.jpg_thumb.jpgbroadside_painting.jpg_thumb.jpggaff-sail.jpg_thumb.jpgstorm_1.jpg_thumb.jpgstorm_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

Greetings,

Wellesley!

Those are some great green screen shots. :thumbup:

You did a real good job on the rigging, and your ship nicely built.

I look forward to your future MOCs and green screen shots.

Hey,

I will buy some lighter green papers soon, to take more greenscreen pictures.

Does anyone know huge scaled pictures of marine paintings or ocean photography?

Would be smarter this time to collect the backgrounds first, before only having shots, in which the angles don't match with the horizons of the backgrounds.

Examples of such misfortune can be seen in my comment above.

Is anyone interested in specific angles or shots? I will cut the ship out anyways and can send you the lego ship element, if you want to use it for own photo editing.

Greetings,

Wellesley!

Edited by Wellesley

Thanks!

And the fleet is growing:) Will have time to work on my frigate the next days. Will update some photos, if it's worth it.

Got huge problems with the old prefab bow, which has these ports at each side. First I used them for the anchor chains, but they actually are too astern for them.

Anyone got some ideas how to work with them?

Otherwise I will build a bow on my own.

Greetings,

Wellesley!

Good to hear.

I would almost always say 'build your own!', simply 'cause it's more adaptive to the size you need, plus by now there are great methods developed to build such a custom bow. But if you want to use the old bow element (and don't happen to own or don't want to use the new typ), you can always close these holes.

Examples found at the Ship MOCs Index: 1, 2, 3, 4