Yawgmoth

The Black Seas Barracuda, Revisited

Hello dear eurobrickers

Finally I found a little time to take some photos,... there has been quite some time since I update my designs, by the way, if you wanna see how it has been evolving since the 1st time I finished my BSB, here are some links: mark I, and mark II, there's actually a mark III but I guess I never took the time to update here, so this last one is actually the mark IV, more or less :P

Anyway, here I tried to stay a little closer to the original design, but at the same time I wanted to enlarge everything, and make it in a way it didnt look disproportionate.. so.. I guess that's about it, with no other introduction, I present you my lastest design on the Black Seas Barracuda:

IMG_3761_zpsdccba3ba.jpg

IMG_3760_zps49f51f04.jpg

IMG_3759_zpsc491141a.jpg

IMG_3758_zps9049f718.jpg

IMG_3741_zps583f4ac4.jpg

IMG_3738_zpsf05992b0.jpg

IMG_3737_zps3adb3dcd.jpg

IMG_3736_zpsd647703c.jpg

IMG_3735_zps2ee349b7.jpg

IMG_3734_zpsa4782b37.jpg

IMG_3727_zpsb6c559c3.jpg

IMG_3726_zpsa1666618.jpg

IMG_3767_zpsa9a027ad.jpg

IMG_3763_zps5233934a.jpg

IMG_3762_zpse8a6abd5.jpg

ff46e7d5-9b8d-4ff5-a921-877b4991ac86_zpsfd235fa2.jpg

Finally, I wanted to show you both of my creations, sitting one in front of the other

IMG_3769_zpsc32b50fe.jpg

Feedback, as always, is well appreciated :)

Edited by Yawgmoth

Three cheers! Still the best pirate ship, and this is a brilliant expansion upon it!

Edited by parksroad

This has to be the BEST "MOD" of the BSB I've ever seen.

It looks so much better and yet, you kept the style 100%:

Thoose redbeards bounty sails dosent look bad at all there. great job

Edited by Morthen

Thanks for your comments! it means a lot to me when someone appreciate my humble creations pirate_wink.gif

Nice job, the BSB is my favorite pirate ship (I got one as a kid for learning to ride my bike and then bought the re-issue as an adult for my adult collection) and you have really made it better. I especially like your use of parts newer than the BSB but in keeping with it like the world globe and sextant. Only thing that looks out-of-place is the old firefighter torso for the guy at the steering wheel, it just doesn't look right IMO.

Another great improvement on this ship. I like the addition of more cannons to the ship and the spacious cabin.

Nicely done, I think it lost a bit of its charm but I really like that lower gun line

and I'm glad you implemented the nice curve typical for tall ships, that is definitely a big improvement for any LEGO ship pirate_classic.gif .

i like it, only the figurehead looks a bit weird but the rest of the ship (especially the captains cabin) looks great