Hi everyone!

So what the heck is a Rolligon I hear you say?

Well don't feel too bad, because I had no idea what one was a few months ago!

Its an obscure vehicle, for sure, but I had to try and build it. The prototypes go back to the 60's, and one of which is still in operation today in Alaskan oil fields.

Here is the result! I'm very pleased to present my Lego Technic version of a Rolligon. :grin:

10710295344_bcd889c642_c.jpg10710226535_b515741a2a_c.jpg

10710499243_27b41606a7_c.jpg10710322106_1ba8574d91_c.jpg

10710307504_bb95689f6e_c.jpg10710311054_cf3883d393_c.jpg

10710314064_e075f65d98_c.jpg

I'm also very happy with my new lights for filming and pics.

If you have any questions please ask! :laugh:

Thanks for watching!

Edited by Doc_Brown

Who needs Power Pullers? It looks great considering I had no idea what it was. I love what you've done with those tyres.

i was expecting something cool from this model but not so cool :D !!

i've been really impressed when i saw it going out of water!

amazing job doc :D

Thanks guys for the nice comments! :laugh:

Yes I was brave! :grin: hahaha

i was expecting something cool from this model but not so cool :D !!

i've been really impressed when i saw it going out of water!

amazing job doc :D

hehe, thanks man! :blush:

Nice idea with swimming, Firstly when i sее wheels think about whater bat when see video i was amazed!!!)

For some reason I picture a seventies James Bond driving away in it over an iced lake dodging flying bullets, falling debris and explosions... wearing a suit and tie :thumbup:

That is certainly an original MOC! It looks great and seems to drive well too. If you dont mind me asking, what new lights are you using?

tim

This somehow sparks memories of the older snow patrol series and the simple beauty of technic. Deserves to be an official TLG model

I was going to attempt a Rolligon vehicle but decided against it thinking It can't be amphibious using LEGO but you did it! and it worked wow awesome job! I may have to buy some wheels and try it

I am just curious to know if there was any water which made its way into the tyres. If there was, does that mean that over a prolonged time in the water such a model would eventually sink?

Very good model anyway.

Thanks for the awesome comments and feedback guys! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

That is certainly an original MOC! It looks great and seems to drive well too. If you dont mind me asking, what new lights are you using?

tim

Thanks for your comment Tim! I'm using LED strip lights, really cheap from ebay, and roughly 27 watts, 12V. Very bright and consistence. If you want more info let me know. :laugh:

I am just curious to know if there was any water which made its way into the tyres. If there was, does that mean that over a prolonged time in the water such a model would eventually sink?

Very good model anyway.

Very good question! My first test I left a rig of wheels in the bath tub over night weighed down a bit. In the morning the tires had some water in them, but certainly not flooded.

But to safe guard against this, I put rubber bands on the rims and carefully put the tires back on making sure that the rubber bands were flat and not twisted. Tested again over night and only a tiny few drops got in.

However this is a static test, and not sure weather driving (or even Diving!) in water would make a difference. Certainly take them apart and dry the insides when done. :grin:

To answer your question, yes over time I guess it would sink, but even Lego hulls fill with water eventually! You would certainly notice it getting low, and would have plenty of time.

I would have no hesitation to use this moc in a swimming pool for an hour, then check tires, for example.

So that's why the electrics are raised up. Good job and good video.

H

Thanks! Yes it was a nice challenge to build that way, but if I put the motors higher, it would cause a capsize! Guess that's why they call it a Rolligon. :tongue:

Edited by Doc_Brown

This is really cool. Have you tried using a single XL-motor and a small battery box to reduce weight and to keep the water line lower.

This is really cool. Have you tried using a single XL-motor and a small battery box to reduce weight and to keep the water line lower.

hmmm i wouldn't put 50 euros of lithium battery in water XD

I meant the small BB for the AAA batteries.

HAHA, well I don't have either! So couldn't have done it.

Also having extra weight can be good, helps balance the front. :grin:

I knew it wouldn't need an XL for power, and didn't have one spare. I did want 2 M motors but for some reason they glitch when on the same channel.