On 7/2/2020 at 12:38 PM, Berthil said:

The drum will conceal the balls and with only one end open it doesn't seem very appealing to do something with that.

This is more appealing to me and I'm working on a GBC version of this, it will be hard to create the blocks without gaps on the edges so balls keep flowing.
I did several attempts but I ordered new type of parts of B&P that became recently available with which I hope I can make it work.
Still it needs to be converted to something with an input and output.

How is the project going @Berthil?

Any update for us? 

On 10/4/2020 at 3:11 PM, Berthil said:

@Frequenzberater I'm still waiting for B&P parts but looking back they should have arrived by now. I will give customer service a call tomorrow. 

I follow this project with great interest :) 

There is a new video out. Maybe you can use it for some engineering related Inspiration:

https://youtu.be/dQdXrnrBhVQ

6 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

I follow this project with great interest :) 

There is a new video out. Maybe you can use it for some engineering related Inspiration:

https://youtu.be/dQdXrnrBhVQ

That's half of the ball circle, would make things easier but intend to build the two circuits :)
If for a reason I can't get the three blocks to tumble correctly this would also be an easier option. Thanks for posting!

Hi

I started reverse engineering the Stamp module by Takanori Hashimoto last weekend and finished it yesterday.

Surprisingly he released an improved version today.

So here is the old version in video.

I'm going to start building his improved version today, cos I have to xD

Next one is my version of NDL-GBC's Sawblade.

It uses part 87745.

And an optimized version of Greaballpit's Upslide v2.

- motor inside the module

- new pusharm design

Edited by dunes
video added

On 7/26/2020 at 10:07 PM, Ankoku said:

It really flings them out there!

It is mechanisms we have seen before, but coupled together in an ingenious way.

December will be the time to reproduce this massive GBC module from Rimo Yaona !

You can reproduce it, step by step over December,  in the context of the LEGO GBC Advent Calendar: 

This is 10 years old, but has some really nice stuff in it. Works nice and smooth. I really like the tic-toc ball drop.

Hello, 

I am working on some modules for BrickFair 2021. My wife surprised me with a vacation and tickets for Christmas. I am wondering if anything like what I have made in this video exists and is already tested and proven.

I am not sure what it would be called:

Mechanical Ball Regulator? 
Mechanical Ball Timer?
Mechanical Ball Gate?

I am trying to not use any motors aside from a lift and I need to release only 1 ball at a time for a mechanism I am working on. If anyone has any additional info or designs on a mechanical 1 ball at a time design, please share. This is a crude MOC but it seems to work if the angles are correct. I would have to refine it and add more fine adjustments for it to be reliable.
Please provide feedback,

Thank You

On 1/4/2021 at 11:35 AM, ngen33r said:

Hello, 

I am working on some modules for BrickFair 2021. My wife surprised me with a vacation and tickets for Christmas. I am wondering if anything like what I have made in this video exists and is already tested and proven.

I am not sure what it would be called:

Mechanical Ball Regulator? 
Mechanical Ball Timer?
Mechanical Ball Gate?

I am trying to not use any motors aside from a lift and I need to release only 1 ball at a time for a mechanism I am working on. If anyone has any additional info or designs on a mechanical 1 ball at a time design, please share. This is a crude MOC but it seems to work if the angles are correct. I would have to refine it and add more fine adjustments for it to be reliable.
Please provide feedback,

Thank You

This is a great idea. I really liked it. The gate opens for the next ball only after the first one has reached a certain distance. I think that's really cool.

Edited by iLego

On 1/4/2021 at 5:05 PM, ngen33r said:

If anyone has any additional info or designs on a mechanical 1 ball at a time design, please share.

Mechanical one-at-a-time widgets are not a new concept. You can see my own implementation here

And several more in this video from a few years ago.

Yours is nice too.

Edited by Captainowie

@dunes nice work!

I'm converting the Robot Dreams of JK Brickworks to a 'framed' machine for easy transporting but also has a lot less parts (pins not counted). Digital design ready and waiting for parts to start building and testing. Instructions will be available for free when finished.

1295-image.png

13 hours ago, dunes said:

My latest reverse engineering work.

Module by Riku Katsumata.

Great work in reverse engineering that GBC module.

I have been trying for ages to get a Train GBC Crane module working without success - this might be just what I am looking for to control it.

I had another attempt during our 3rd. lockdown but I think it is over complicated,  

50949151912_92031bea65_z.jpg

Your version looks simpler but do you think it would lift a fully loaded train ball container back onto a train car ?

If not, should be able to adapt it to load balls into the train direct.

Possibly train powering it may not be enough, so a supplementary motor may have to be used.

I have devised a way to restart the train car without the need for timing synchronisation.

Edited by Doug72

18 hours ago, Berthil said:

@dunes nice work!

I'm converting the Robot Dreams of JK Brickworks to a 'framed' machine for easy transporting but also has a lot less parts (pins not counted). Digital design ready and waiting for parts to start building and testing. Instructions will be available for free when finished.

1295-image.png

I am just about finished with the original model, but have really been thinking about doing it as you have shown. The amount of bricks and pieces in the original build is quite a lot. Your conversion to a "framed" version makes a lot of sense. The mechanism itself is not that complicated, and either the original or your updated version easily allow for increased modules. I look forward to your final product and instructions. I am sure it would be worth converting.

9 hours ago, Doug72 said:

Your version looks simpler but do you think it would lift a fully loaded train ball container back onto a train car ?

If not, should be able to adapt it to load balls into the train direct.

Possibly train powering it may not be enough, so a supplementary motor may have to be used.

I have devised a way to restart the train car without the need for timing synchronisation.

the mechanism is not strong enough the handle that. when moving up U can hear the stress on the motor.

maybe 2 motors can handle a container.

@Berthil I have completed the JK Brickworks Dream Robots using the updated instructions from @FernandoQ. It runs perfectly and it very easy to adjust. Best to run with a train regulator than a battery pack in order to adjust the speed. I am looking forward to your "framed version" so it can easily be moved, and certainly a more rigid construction. The version I built requires a lot of bricks to build up the foundations. If I can supply any insight, please let me know.  https://www.facebook.com/1134559677/videos/10224269935712769/