I saw them a while back, though I felt that, at $1.00 a piece, they were rather expensive, especially that they were plain orange and no added cost due to printing (as for the soccer/football balls).

WHAT? TLG cashing-in on the GBC craze by price gouging AFOL's - thank Budda for the bulk thingy we don't speak of :devil:

Merging with GBC General discussion...

We had a GBC display at Brickfete 2016 in Toronto, Canada. We set up on Thursday, had a special half day showing for VIP ticket holders on Friday and 2 days of weekend running. 8 AFOLs contributed to the display including one who traveled from Switzerland's SwissLUG. The coordinator estimated we had over 40 modules. I think it was the biggest Brickfete GBC to date. We had lots of compliments from the crowds. It was fun hearing kids screaming "Angry Bird!" or "that's Mia! (in the BWE)". I won a Friends award. :classic:

Like Euro Cup, some of the modules got seriously injured and couldn't continue playing balls. Subs were called in for day 2. We had more modules than we had table space for. Some modules got destroyed by little hands. Some couldn't take it any more and self-disintegrated. Always have some spares to call in to action. :wink:

We had a GBC display at Brickfete 2016 in Toronto, Canada.

Nice! Some really neat modules that I hadn't seen before. I particularly like the ratchet tooth thing at 4:51 in the Day 1 vid.

Oh yeah! agree totally!

Love when someone figures out a use for an old, unused, unloved part!

might have to try that one day! :)

on another GBC note:

Even though I don't like them that much, I've decided that a module I'm working on needs a ball pump

Needs to go up about 30-40 studs in height, and preferably near vertical

What's a good, reliable design... happy to build in studded, or studless

Nice! Some really neat modules that I hadn't seen before. I particularly like the ratchet tooth thing at 4:51 in the Day 1 vid.

Thank you. :classic: That module was built by legomotive.

Even though I don't like them that much, I've decided that a module I'm working on needs a ball pump

Needs to go up about 30-40 studs in height, and preferably near vertical

What's a good, reliable design... happy to build in studded, or studless

My Friends Tree Slide module is around 25 studs tall and no problems with the ball pump mechanism all weekend. It could go higher but it may be pushing the limit of clutch power.

Can someone tell me how LUG bulk works with Gbc balls?

Thanks

Same way as with other parts. Depending on the internal politics of your RLUG, you may have to convince other members or the leaders that it is a worthy part to order. :classic:

I've finally got the gears I need to start the GBC module I want to make.

Did you sell a kidney?! Aren't those worth quite some greens???

Our small 20-something module layout at BrickExpo Canberra (Australia), over the weekend

Myself, CaptainOwie, and Rasikaa all contributing modules

3 days of exhibiting... (and with me driving 700km's with a car full of plastic!!)

Lots of fun - lots of interest from the public, and we apparently lost out by 3-4 votes for public choice award (lost to a huge Frozen Mountain/castle!)

Edited by RohanBeckett

I've finally got the gears I need to start the GBC module I want to make.

Looks like you'd need an Olympic sized budget to get those Halfire rings. :classic:

Our small 20-something module layout at BrickExpo Canberra (Australia), over the weekend

Myself, CaptainOwie, and Rasikaa all contributing modules

3 days of exhibiting... (and with me driving 700km's with a car full of plastic!!)

Lots of fun - lots of interest from the public, and we apparently lost out by 3-4 votes for public choice award (lost to a huge Frozen Mountain/castle!)

Nice. Maybe a Frozen GBC for next time. :wink:

Nice. Maybe a Frozen GBC for next time. :wink:

I could have helped with my frozen GBC modules, I have to admit I think I have been officially bittern by the "Frozen bug" so im quite obsessed, im expecting the mods will see this comment and put something on my profile about it.

Did you sell a kidney?! Aren't those worth quite some greens???

I got the first one in January (I think), and bought 1 or 2 at a time since then.

I think that everything else I need to make the module I'm planning will total what those 6 Hailfire wheels cost.

PF motor maintenance time. GBCs can be very hard on your PF components. One of my M-motor

like there's no tomorrow. I took it apart and cleaned the commutator and bushings. That seems to have helped to quiet it down. Not sure why?

legomotor_zpsowibhgtk.jpg

I could have helped with my frozen GBC modules, I have to admit I think I have been officially bittern by the "Frozen bug" so im quite obsessed, im expecting the mods will see this comment and put something on my profile about it.

I can't seem to find your Frozen modules on your YouTube or Brickshelf. Are they ready for public display? EB titles usually happen when you least expect it. Some times it is not the title you wanted. Asking for a title don't work. I wonder if filmed singing Let It Go at a GBC event would help. :classic:

I can't seem to find your Frozen modules on your YouTube or Brickshelf. Are they ready for public display? EB titles usually happen when you least expect it. Some times it is not the title you wanted. Asking for a title don't work. I wonder if filmed singing Let It Go at a GBC event would help. :classic:

One is shown in this video

http://m.youtube.com/my_videos#/watch?v=VJdNpHC9qgs

PF motor maintenance time. GBCs can be very hard on your PF components. One of my M-motor

like there's no tomorrow. I took it apart and cleaned the commutator and bushings. That seems to have helped to quiet it down. Not sure why?

Is that an easy operation to undertake? We experienced a little of that squealing, intermittently, on the weekend, so I might have to delve into that in the not too distant future. Are there any gotchas you wish you had known before you started?

Owen.

I wonder if filmed singing Let It Go at a GBC event would help. :classic:

that's a good idea I might look into it for next years brickvention

Is that an easy operation to undertake? We experienced a little of that squealing, intermittently, on the weekend, so I might have to delve into that in the not too distant future. Are there any gotchas you wish you had known before you started?

Owen.

Care have to be taken to avoid breaking the plastic on the M-motor housing. There is prying involved which also can have a risk of stabbing yourself with a small screwdriver. The bushings are thin metal that aren't hard to squish or bend out of shape.

Is that an easy operation to undertake?

Owen.

I found this video helpful:

. I haven't tried this method myself yet.

Perhaps a rake <http://greatballcont....com/wiki/Rake>, or Archimedes' screw <http://greatballcont...chimedes_screw>, or clock lift <http://greatballcont...ki/Clock_lift>. I don't have good pictures handy, but Bill Bourn built a pump with the piston laid horizontally as part of his balldozer module. You might find it in a Brickfair, VA youtube video.

anyone have more details on the horizontal ball pump by bill bourn?

Well.. 4 days (incl 1 day setup!) of Brickvention 2017 is over!  

We managed to get 72 Modules running - a new Australian record!  although it did take a couple of days before everything settled in, and was running smoothly

I did a 'Tom-Style' narration video, but I don't think it'll be up for a few weeks.. in the meantime, here's mine - (and yes.. the red ball popped out a couple of times! :)

We really tried to have as many unique modules as possible, rather than 20 of the same.. and the organisers of the event put us right at the front-center of the building, so it was the first thing the crowds saw, as they entered..

Oooh, I love the river, palm trees and boat.  Oh, and the castle, and the animals house and.............

Not just a GBC a work of Art.  Frontpage required.......