Thanks! @Philo I recognize your name from the new parts I downloaded fro ldraw.org. Thanks a lot for making them!!

9 hours ago, mla2 said:

Hope you like it!

Absolutely loved it !!

It's full of gem ideas. I especially liked the off-center disk brake to carry and then drop off the ball.

Very inspiring !

Thanks and well spotted about the discs. Discoving this solution was a great moment :pir-stareyes:

in preparation for Brickworld Chicago 2022 happening next week I modified the 2017 module to be fully complaint with the GBC standard.

Minecraft themed version.

1 hour ago, Ankoku said:

This is quite impressive!

His Twitter account has a few development videos.

thanks a lottt

I named “Heptagram module”

Why Lego never bothered to release a gbc loop or at least a marble run it's beyond me. Some models are astonishing examples of exquisite engineering. 

On 6/22/2022 at 1:18 PM, astral brick said:

Why Lego never bothered to release a gbc loop or at least a marble run it's beyond me. Some models are astonishing examples of exquisite engineering. 

i mean they have shown off some gbcs on their website in the past but nothing major

Finished this one in three days including free instructions, a reliable module based on my Rainbow Stepper and Switchback idea by John Sherman.

this time you will get a personal history lesson from me. back when i started building gbc i didnt know a lot. the first module i ever built was a stepper module with multiple steps to transport the balls which at that time where glass/steel marbles because i didnt have actual lego balls back then. it couldnt even bring the balls up to its own input height. but what i lacked in building knowledge back then i made up for in decoration. the module was themed in a summer/winter theme with the first part of the module being themed like a red sand/dessert theme with foliage and water features and the second part being a snow mountain with a bridge at the end of it to bring the balls to the next module. it had a river flowing underneath it with an ice cube inside of it. the motor to power it all was a fischertechnik xs-motor which was integrated and connected at the end of the mountain. anyways here are some pictures i took back in 2016. please forgive the bad quality. camera was a cheap pocket camera, the nicon coolpix l27 which wasnt too good for image quality (was 720p on a good day if it decided to focus).

IMG_1122

as you can see it couldnt reach the input bins height but was enough to get me started.

IMG_1123

here is another view of it with a steel and glass marble

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145736297@N05/52253170892/in/dateposted-public/

and finally we have a video showcasing the modules details

and now onto the main thing: today i was nostalgic and decided to recreate the module in my mini gbc scale. it now uses only a single step (with the mechanism from my simple stepper module) and can reach above its own input height. it gets power from my shared power system which makes it easy to create small stepper modules. here is a digital render, irl pics and a video will follow tomorrow.

mini gbc first module

and here is a view of the drivetrain

first module drivetrain

quite simple, just a crank that the bottom of the step rides on.

hope you liked this personal story and my recreation of it!

Here is the walk though video for the BrisBricks 2022 RNA LEGO Fan Expo... 

and this this is a full commentary by Ryk and Andrew that is part of the bigger event video...  Link is time coded to the GBC.

Did some reverse engineering work.

Slimmed it down and made it more open to see the mechanism better.

hello, here is my last module, long days of development for a result that I like! I didn't have time to finish it properly for the GBC contest...

I started a series of videos a little while back doing GBC Module reviews.  I'm fairly new to GBC but I think this is a good thing.  I don't take my knowledge for granted, I learn a little more with each module I build and make sure to include the lessons learned in each video.  I also point out any discrepancies I find in the instructions or modifications I made.  I hope these videos will be helpful and encouraging to other GBC newcomers.  I don't edit out mistakes, I feel it is important to include them.  Some modules were more troublesome than others to get working reliably but troubleshooting is a valuable skill when getting started in GBC.

If you click the "watch on YouTube" link it should bring up the playlist which will be updated over time.  I currently have four episodes with two modules each but have a few more videos planned as more parts come in. 

I just came across this topic. I recently finished a module, hope you enjoy it.

"Yet another belt lift!