Yeah the tipper module should be run at low speed for optimal throughput. 1 or 2 works the best with M and L motors, while XL motors can run at 3-5 on a train regulator.

The tipping bird module is brand new and trust me. If I made a video, you would chuckle at the failure of its current state.

Hi
Where can I found instruction for thise ramp?

Thx 

25-WORLD-RECORD-LEGO-Great-Ball-Contrapt

[Video; Beyond the brick; GBC Brickworld Chicago 2019;  time 14:48]

On 7/31/2019 at 5:29 AM, Lasse D said:

Yeah the tipper module should be run at low speed for optimal throughput. 1 or 2 works the best with M and L motors, while XL motors can run at 3-5 on a train regulator.

The tipping bird module is brand new and trust me. If I made a video, you would chuckle at the failure of its current state.

Thank you for the recommendations for the tipper module and the clarification about the tipping bird.

Single Car GBC ball lift Mark 4                  

This was inspired by the successful build of The Sun GBC module.

Uses a constant rotating L motor drive which drives the turntable and the crank mechanism for the loading gate using a 32L axle. 

The L motor via right angle 1:1 &  3:1 speed up drives the worm gear meshing with the 20T double bevel gear which rotates the 32L axle.
The 32L axle has a 12TDBG to rotate the turntable & an 8T gear to drive the 40T gear with crank arm. Both are 5:1 ratio so allways in sync.
The turntable rotates a 13L beam connected to a 15L beam which raises & lowers the lift frame.

Lift frame is 22L travel which is max possible as axle cannot be any longer as any connectors would foul the lift frame.
The 32L axle passes through the back of the lift frame and helps guide the carriage.

The ball car carries 5 balls per trip which takes approx 8 seconds which giving a ball rate of 37.5 balls per min.
An anti jamming arrangment stops more than 5 balls entering the lift car.

The hardest part was getting the timing for ball loading correct.

Again the dreaded 1/2 L offset came into play but finally got it working.

Re-circulating ramps for video demonstration, but can be easily modified for through operatation.

Overall view:
48584397026_72e188d797_z.jpg

Side View:
48584397076_e618708aac_z.jpg

Rear View:
48584542057_1fab9aa507_z.jpg

Anti Jamming ball loading gate:
48584541782_bb550ec601_z.jpg

Video:
Best with sound OFF !

Edited by Doug72

21 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Would it be better with some form of counter weight? You end up feeling sorry for the motor :)

Not possible as no room, any counterweight arm would foul the 15L beam connecting to the lift frame.
Clearence is only 1L when rotating arm is at 12:00 o'clock,

Load is light and motor is not straining - most of the noise is from the gearing.

Module is very free running and is reliable.

Edited by Doug72

I uploaded photos about my module Orbit Overlap.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168178155@N07/albums/72157710883999676

Notice that my module is not refined , and will not refined by myself.

If someone could improve my modules, I am very happy.

and I uploaded some new videos on youtube yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwuHrRs5-_H56QtvCWHTghQ

please check them out and send comment.

Edited by Rick Katsumata

@Rick Katsumata I saw you posting them, but didn't post them here as I thought you might do so yourself.

I like the modular system.

Thanks for the photos of Orbit Overlap. I will get to work on a digital file for it.

What issues do you currently have with Orbit Overlap?

Edited by Ankoku

I modified Emmet's Crane by Pinwheel

Video from the orignal 

I modified the base, removed the chain drive and made the crane arm sturdier.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

I like how you were able to reposition the liftarm that lifts the crane. I’ll try to incorporate that when I update the instructions.

@tibal3132

That snake slide widget it just a bunch of half liftarms joined by 2L technic beams and blue pins. The axles going out of the bottom are for support. 
Hope this helps! 

@dunes

Looking good! 
That's a nice mod to the crane module. I would say it is better than the chain for sure. I ran a module with chain at BW. (Terrible mistake) it broke several times. Also, nice use of the new 28 tooth gear.

Edited by Ethan M

I have to say, I enjoy watching this. I think it will serve as inspiration for other modules using the same mechanism.

Very nice work.

Since this issue has come up in this thread, it seems even the LEGO Technic designers don't know about aligning their Universal Joints properly. The instructions tell you to do it incorrectly, which causes lots of problems.

Probably an issues introduced by the person creating the instructions, rather than the designers themselves. That said, I am surprised this made it past testing.

Not sure I agree with most of these:

Factory for No. 1 is fine. I would then say Catch & Spin for No. 2 and Invisible Lift for No. 3, although I could live with them being either way round. No. 7 though? No way.

Always feel iffy about EV3 stuff. I love the writer in the top 10, as it has some nice techniques (Especially the overflow stuff) in it, but I am not sure it is a No. 4. It also makes me think of this writer from 2012:

Also, what about this:

Which appeared at BrickWorld 2013. It is so unique in comparison to most of what you see today and is educational too. In many respects, this is one of the most inspirational GBCs for me.

Also, for themed, I think I would take Super Mario over Jurassic Park.

The straining of the LEGO for the Jurassic one makes me wince and as a GBC module, it reminds me of Akiyuki's Six Heads, but not as complex.

Pneumatic Ball Factory v3 is a good choice.

Am okay with GBC Roulette, as it is a very well styled piece. As much an accomplishment in general LEGO building as it is GBC design.

The Akiyuki tower one at No. 2 just feels weird. Sure it is big, but it just basically a collection of Akiyuki modules put together.

Not convinced about the Star Gate at all. Maybe it a favourite with kids at events.

If I were to choose an alternative to it, I would go for the crazy golf GBC modules made by the same guy:

Nice theming, nice design and it is the sort of thing where you think: I could add a new hole of my own design to that course. As with all things LEGO, it is nice when a design inspires you to make your own variation.

Amusingly, he too did a GBC writer.

As always, these things are subjective, but that is my take.

Was thinking about what I would replace the Akiyuki tower with. Something which is both huge, but also unique. I would nominate this:

At No.2? No. But I think it is a good candidate for top 10. The argument against it, would be the use of non-official LEGO parts.

For me, an honourable mention outside of the Top 10, would be the Akiyuki hockey stick module. The top 10 already has enough Akiyuki stuff, but I love the ingenious piece use, it is enjoyable to watch and it is really reliable. Also, it doesn't cost the earth to build :P

Off the top of my head, this is my top 10, trying to follow the general approach of the video:

1: Ball Factory v2
2: Catch & Spin (This would be No. 1, if it wasn't for the impact that the Ball Factory v2 had on the world.)
3: Invisible Lift (I remember seeing it for the first time and just thinking: Wow!)
4: Akiyuki Train System (This replaces the writer). For me, the Train system has had a big impact on the GBC scene, both at home and at events. I haven't built any train system stuff, but you can't miss the impact.)
5: Pneumatic Ball Factory v3 (Unique, nice timings, great aesthetics.)
6: Gates (Just amazing stuff for me, not the prettiest, but amazing non-the-less.)
7: Roulette (Merging of great LEGO design and some nice GBC stuff. I love the ball splitter run.)
8: Golf (A modular system anyone can get in on. Slap in the putting mechanism and you get to create any course you like.)
9: Coaster (Although it uses unofficial pieces for the track, the Star Gate one uses unofficial stuff for the mirrors etc.)
10: Mario (Just amazingly themed and some nice touches to get it to fit inside the space.)

Honourable mentions:

Akiyuki - Hockey

Rik Riku Katsumata  - Orbital Overlap

Torso - Cardan Lift.

What are your top 10s?

@dunes You should post your GBC event videos on here. You had a nice looking loop! It is always nice to see a good selection of complex GBC modules.

Also came across this and am not sure if the creator will post it here.

It is simple and you could remove a lot of bricks and replace it with just a few pieces of Technic structure wise, that said, it runs really well and I love the efficiency of the mechanism. It is always appealing when you are getting multiple things done with a single motion!

Here is a short video of my 1st ever GBC loop from last weekend @ Steinhanse 2019, Germany.