Is there a link for instructions for the PG52 Sun ferris wheel.
Have parts on order to re-build my current build.

Not yet. Working on them. It is built in Stud.Io.

I just have to change the one giant step into lots of small steps and create the instructions.

640x360.jpg

Rotating things in Stud.IO is like a having a professional soccer player just stood there, repeatedly kicking you in the balls for hours.

It is missing the rubber bits at the end of the first ramp... because... screw flexible stuff in Stud.IO, it is a joke.

Here is a BSX/XML files for the parts list:

https://bricksafe.com/files/Ankoku/pg52/the-sun/The_Sun.bsx

https://bricksafe.com/files/Ankoku/pg52/the-sun/The_Sun.xml

I believe it to be correct. I had to write my own CSV to BSX converter. The 156 unique elements and 1372 part count matches up with what is shown within Stud.IO

The lists are actually 157/1373, because they contain the rubber band. I can't find rubber bands within Stud.IO.

This is pretty much an identical version to @PG52's, except for how the top ramp is connected on the right. I just used a few 2L and 3L pins instead of anything fancier.

My own mods will include a different way of doing the curve at the right of the top ramp. An extra support for top ramp, an extra bracing, removal of the ratchet system and a change to how the top ramp is supported on the left.

I have kept 3L pins Blue, 2L Axles red etc. Just to keep it correct to current LEGO colours. Obviously, I use Black 3L pins and 2L axles quite a bit for aesthetics.

Thanks for the parts list files but how do you use them to see actuall parts ?

Re Curve at top ramp.
I have been trying various ideas and come up with this, seems to work OK with ball rolling around the curve OK.

48328448497_3747a8668c_z.jpg

48328448397_86021174cd_z.jpg

Edited by Doug72

Import them into BrickLink. Although I am guessing that BrickOwl should import BSX files as well.

I tend to import the a parts list. Make a copy of it, then start removing everything I already own. It can be a useful tool, even if I don't buy anything from there.

As for the ramp. For The Sun, It is a total of 7 wide. So the runners on the inside overlap. The vertical angle between the two ramps is quite large.

I tried Technic, Liftarm 1 x 2 Thick with Pin Hole and Axle Hole initially for the curve, but it required blue axle pins instead of black pins and at least for me, Technic, Liftarm 1 x 2 Thick were more common.

The actual floor underneath the curve doesn't need to go out as far as the curve due to the shape of balls. That said, aesthetically, it can look nicer.

4 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Import them into BrickLink. Although I am guessing that BrickOwl should import BSX files as well.

I tend to import the a parts list. Make a copy of it, then start removing everything I already own. It can be a useful tool, even if I don't buy anything from there.

As for the ramp. For The Sun, It is a total of 7 wide. So the runners on the inside overlap. The vertical angle between the two ramps is quite large.

I also have tried this for the 180 deg bend, the balls roll round the bend OK but connection to the two ramp sections awkward.

48331402341_5200279e42_z.jpg

re Import BSC file to Bricklink, found I had an account. Parts list now printed OK.
Extra parts for ball carriers now received & have built the ferris wheel gear ring plus the arms in Yellow.

Edited by Doug72

Great way to make that with the technic pieces, I have wanted to make a ramp like that but not "waste" tiles on it, I think I will try to make with technic pieces like yours.

8 hours ago, sawyer klegr said:

Great way to make that with the technic pieces, I have wanted to make a ramp like that but not "waste" tiles on it, I think I will try to make with technic pieces like yours.

Thanks, can work up to 30 deg. angle between the two ramps.

22 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Now found how to import BSX files on Brickowl & generate a wish list.

Today I learned that you can hide steps via selecting the steps you want to hide and then clicking the hide icon up top... O_o; Why is there not a hide eye-icon on the step itself? Like there is on individual elements.

640x530.jpg

There are things Stud.IO can do, which you will never know about because it is so counter intuitive.

Hiding steps can be handy in finding rogue elements.

Am also fighting with the fact that sometimes you can shift-select elements in the step list and sometimes you can't. When you can't, you can only ctrl-select. I already know you can't usually select the 2nd to last element in a step and then shift-select the last element. As to what causes the inability to shift-select in other circumstances when doing doing element selects within steps, I do not know.

Anyway, am slowly working my way through 1300+ items and grouping them in to the needed steps for instructions. Not fun, but it is getting there.

Have found a couple of element mistakes in the part list. I had 4x Tan Technic, Pin 3/4, instead of 2x Tan Technic, Pin 3L without Friction Ridges Lengthwise. Shouldn't be a big issue for most people. I will correct the parts list.

Here and there I am replacing the odd 2L pin with a 3L one.

Edited by Ankoku

Hi @Rick Katsumata, good to see you on here. I love your work and have posted a number of your videos here.

Akiyuki's new channel was mentioned here:

Did you ever take any photos of your module?

@Ankoku

Oh, I couldn't find that. I just need to check those forums out, thanks ! now I figured out that eurobricks very trendy.

and I can take some photos of module Orbit Overlap. It is in front of me.

thanks for watching my youtube !

To upload images, you need to upload them to somewhere like BrickSafe.com or Flickr.com, you can't upload them directly here.

I am just finishing off this module by @PG52:

640x360.jpg

And would love to do your Orbit Overlap next.

From the various videos it has appeared in, I can only ever see the front of it and the back has some important features.

@Ankoku

oh my god. You should be follower of my twitter? and I guess you can understand Japanese.

eigo de kakuno chotto shindoi node tamani nihongo tsukatte iitdesuka?

Anyway, I will upload some new videos soon on YouTube, include that module. maybe soon. maybe.

thanks for recognize me, I could find some posts about my GBC module here

I don't have a Twitter account, but I keep your Twitter feed open as a tab on my browser, as you post stuff on there which doesn't make it on to YouTube.

I don't know Japanese, but I have friends there. I helped create one of the first university based anime societies outside of Japan in the early 90s. 80s/90s were a good era for anime.

Google Translate is my friend.

I have posted a number of your modules on this thread if you look back through the pages.

On 7/11/2019 at 10:32 PM, dunes said:

here is a video of my version of "The Sun"

Hi, Dunes.

In your version of the Sun, you use two 24t gears (instead of 4 car wheels used by PG52) to bear the rotating part. Is it these two gears only that keep the whole rotating part in place or do you have another support on the rear side (which is not shown in the video)? If only the 2 gears, is it stable enough?

1 hour ago, Jonas said:

Hi, Dunes.

In your version of the Sun, you use two 24t gears (instead of 4 car wheels used by PG52) to bear the rotating part. Is it these two gears only that keep the whole rotating part in place or do you have another support on the rear side (which is not shown in the video)? If only the 2 gears, is it stable enough?

If you run the video at slow speed (0.25) you can just see the teeth of another 24T gear on the rear side.

I am also currently building this module, so far rotating Gear rings with 8 ball carriers have been built.

Tried both the 24T gears and car wheels and with the car wheels rotation is much smoother. 

Edited by Doug72

Hi,

My son and I would like to go to a GBC in 2019/20.

Is there a list of upcoming events in Europe?

Or can someone tell me of ones they know of?

I’ve checked the wiki etc

Many thanks.

Cammy

Edited by Scottishcammy

@Scottishcammy  I can't help but think of Street Fighter right now.

Hopefully this will help:

https://www.bricksmcgee.com/blog/uk-afol-lego-events-2019/

The last Brick Live I went to (near the bottom) had a good GBC circuit.

https://bricklive.co.uk/

A rather incomplete list:

http://www.greatballcontraption.com/wiki/Upcoming_GBC_Events

When it comes to Europe, just ask where @Maico is displaying. You should be in for a treat there.

My pump module has turned out to be quite popular as a "behind the scenes" kind of module, being used in some wonderful GBC modules where the pump is just a cog in the machine.

I have made some improvements to the module which makes it easier on the motors, more interesting to look at and with a better balancing of the anti-jamming mechanism:

My dipping bird module is currently a complete failure. I will give it another go, though.

5 hours ago, Lasse D said:

My dipping bird module is currently a complete failure. I will give it another go, though.

I wouldn’t call it a complete failure. I built a module from your instructions and ran it for 5 hours at a show last week. I just needed to modify the output to fit my layout:

GBC output tray

While running it I then discovered that it can be a bit of a ball hog if run at full speed (as seen in my video: 

But when I slowed it down and ran it off of a regulator at 1/2 - 2/3 speed, it was much more efficient. I’m planning to run it again in 2 weeks.