!! I was just finishing up on a very similar timing module!

What motor does your module use?

Have sat on this for a few days, but haven't seen it posted on this sub forum.

It is not something which makes me want to build it like an Akiyuki module, but the theming, especially the execution of it is top tier. You instantly know what it is. I am sure it would be a popular feature at a GBC event.

Has anyone found a way to use this part for grabbing GBC balls ?

Crane Grab bucket with spring 75172

lego-crane-grab-bucket-with-spring-75172-26.jpg.40875ab0b18c70ecf1102ce2e300886d.jpg

Edited by Doug72

I still have that piece somewhere. Generally the main issue with them is having the strength to push balls out the way with it. Just loading 1 ball into it feels a bit lacking in regards to the original purpose of such things.

On 6/1/2019 at 12:03 PM, Ankoku said:

Have sat on this for a few days, but haven't seen it posted on this sub forum.

It won first place in a GBC building challenge that was hosted by members of the GBC community chat on discord.  10 other modules were also entered including my Money Bin which won second place.  You can join the chat here: http://discord.gg/YPwm9w7

All of the modules that were entered (except for one) are posted here: https://www.greatballpit.com/2019/06/spring-into-gbc-challenge-results.html

Edited by Great Ball Pit

On 6/1/2019 at 2:03 PM, Ankoku said:

haven't seen it posted on this sub forum.

Thanks for posting this Ankoku. I built this module for the build challenge, as Great Ball Pit mentioned.  I mostly just lurk here but participate more at the Discord chat (there’s some overlap of people between the two).

It took me a while to find a stepper mechanism that I can combine with a shooter, as the shooting mechanism has to fit underneath the top step(s). 

Also the contest had a 48 stud limit, so the ball pump - which is a BW 2018 - was cut in half and facing the other way, to save on space.

F840CDD7-1130-4884-89BF-5BB47DD98D60.jpeg

You should do a full post on the Technic forum and then link it here.

It is a really good GBC and many will love the Mario theming. It deserves it's own thread!

On 6/3/2019 at 11:58 PM, Ankoku said:

It is a really good GBC and many will love the Mario theming. It deserves it's own thread!

I fully agree!

It's really an awesome module

On 6/3/2019 at 4:58 PM, Ankoku said:

Thanks for the suggestion - I didn’t know people did that here. I will try to do that in a couple of weeks - I am currently busy building another module (or four). :)

We love posts about GBCs here!

Good and original GBCs deserve their own thread. That said, they soon disappear as new posts are added. Which is why a link here to the original is useful.

The tipper module is finally reliable. I have connected the 8 modules in a more interesting tight circuit with bridges.

Please enjoy this video until I have the instructions ready:

(The instructions are not done yet, so please ignore the video title)

7 hours ago, Lasse D said:

The tipper module is finally reliable. I have connected the 8 modules in a more interesting tight circuit with bridges.

Please enjoy this video until I have the instructions ready:

(The instructions are not done yet, so please ignore the video title)

It's an interesting module @Lasse D.  I think it needs to be themed as a "Dippy Bird" ?

Although this isn't LEGO, it looks more like Mechano, it is interesting how the LEGO GBC scene influences it. I am sure you can see the inspiration taken from both Akiyuki and Berthil modules.

Here’s a module I’ve wanted to build in a while, that I just figured out how to get running. 

I wanted bricks moving horizontally, and with no floor underneath. Of course I also wanted the fork to be all black, but being new to Technic, I didn’t realize that you need some serious cash to get the half bush in black.

I might change the input hopper to use a conveyor, and there are a few other things that I am thinking about, so I thought I’d take Tom Atkinson’s lead and call it a prototype. ?

Edited by boogie
Additional detail.

@Ankoku

This modular system is called "Fischertechnik" and is a german invention. It was invented in the middle of the 60s and continuosly improved until these days. There is even a mindstorms like robotic line :) 

9 hours ago, Ankoku said:

I like the mechanism at the 1:15 mark. It reminds me of the one used in the Cardan Lift.

That’s the one part I can’t take credit for. It is by a Japanese builder by the name of Ichiro Satoh (unless I’m misinterpreting). https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10201730710904288&id=1676156308

Edited by boogie
Fixed link

On 6/13/2019 at 9:56 PM, boogie said:

Of course I also wanted the fork to be all black, but being new to Technic, I didn’t realize that you need some serious cash to get the half bush in black.

I actually think the yellow bushes give a nice contrast to the rest of the fork. I like them!