Goofing around with Powered UP and Power Function. It seems to work. 

Next thing to try is Power Function to Powered UP motors.

Oh, that’s pretty cool! I don’t think it would work with the official LEGO soccer balls because I think the weight of the steel ball triggers the push mechanism.

It depends, I have seen plenty of LEGO GBC ball triggered stuff out there. It means it has to be more finely balanced, but it is still possible.

Not sure if the person posts here, but I like the design of this GBC module.

Has nice idea behind it, works smoothly and it is quite original.
I get the feeling someone will end up using what you see in this in a more polished, fancier looking version.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:47 AM, Ankoku said:

Just came across this. Took a while to get the video to load, but it was worth it.

Wow, that's really ingenious.  I needed all those repetitions to understand how it is working!

10 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Not sure if the person posts here, but I like the design of this GBC module.

<snip>

Has nice idea behind it, works smoothly and it is quite original.
I get the feeling someone will end up using what you see in this in a more polished, fancier looking version.

Damn, beaten to it. I've had a prototype using that mechanism for months that I have yet to find the time to build into a proper module.

I am working on updating one of my oldest GBC modules, the Shishi Odoshi:

There are still a lot of flaws, but I am glad that the tipping mechanism is finally somewhat reliable :)

I noticed this, but held off from posting it.

I love the iteration/testing process that goes into GBC design.

The counterbalance design of the dropper bucket is nice.

I always keep a look out for modules I haven't seen before. In this case, it is from 2015.

I have never seen the clock module before. It is right at the start of the video, but also appears a number of other times as the person loops the circuit.

I like the speed and motion of the single arm. Oddly pleasing.

On 4/12/2019 at 5:22 PM, Ankoku said:

I noticed this, but held off from posting it.

I love the iteration/testing process that goes into GBC design.

The counterbalance design of the dropper bucket is nice.

Glad you like it. I have now added 4 new iterations as shown in this video:

Given the reliability is now allowing more than 1400 balls without failure, I have released building instructions as well:

https://brickhub.org/i/425

425.png

The final parts count for this single GBC module is 1869.

The building instructions are free as always and can be shared, modified, etc.

I was watching it yesterday. It is amazing how much work goes into making something GBC event ready.

I cute module:

The ramp back to the start I have seen before, but it is very aesthetically pleasing.

I like how the yellow, black and grey module with the black liftarm works. Seems rather reliable and smooth.

Is it customary to name both the designer and builder of a module during a GBC show? Is there a standard for this? Printed tiles for example?

It would be nice if everyone would do something like that. On a show there are people asking so you tell them it is not your creation but from someone else. They give you credit anyway and you gave credit to the original designer by telling. But how about those God knows how many viewers who don't ask? They asume you build it and so the original designer doesn't get any credit.

For that I do like the aproach of Klaus Hansen. He uses a 1x6 tile with his name as the builder and owner of that module and a second tile 1x6 with "Design: Akiyuki" if it is not his own design.

I give credit in my Youtube videos by puting a line "Design: Maico Arts" or something like that next to each module. If I know the name of the original designer...

It is like an inverted version of Akiyuki's dragon heads module.

Not keen on the lack of smoothness in the motion, but it is cool.

Gonna add this, which isn't GBC, but by the same guy:

Any GBC lover, loves good mechanisms and this machine has a few of note.

Here is my take on a GBC conveyor module made of hub connectors:

Was pretty difficult to get the gears in sync and get all the hub connectors positioned correctly, had to lock the axles in place by using 3713 bush pieces connected to 2x16 plates

It's a definite fact: Power Functions IS coming to an end.

Lego will certainly be ramping up production of PoweredUp parts to replace it

I would imagine they'd keep a decent stock on hand, for customer service replacements 

and yes.. I would also imagine that initially, PU will be more expensive, and then gradually get cheaper, like PF did

Nothing wrong with buying 2ndhand.. I've bought dozens before, and they've done Many, Many GBC shows just fine

I am hoping they do a: "Retiring Soon" or an announcement of some kind before stopping production. Give people a chance to stock up.

I wish the PoweredUp stuff was better than it is. You get the feeling it is going to be very dependent on 3rd parties for cables etc.

I have had a number of issues with 2nd hand LEGO motors.