7 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Does Josh DaVid post here?

I don't think so. His Miniloops are nice and usually with clever ideas but technically they are not GBCs. He's also selling the instructions instead of making them freely available.

Yeah. I generally don't post them, but he has done 2 I like and this is one of them.
I still see it as a GBC thing. I still use his vids for inspiration for doing GBC stuff. I will admit that they don't follow the GBC standard for events. That said, neither does Akiyuki's ball factory.

some of his recent modules appear to have alternate outputs, to link to the next module

It's almost as if it could be a new standard for 'miniloop' style GBC....   with a different rate/speed, and no requirement for handling bulk balls

Standards are important if you plan to connect your GBC module to others at events.  If you're doing your own thing, then not so much.

Very much so!  but I think there is scope and room for a 2nd GBC standard, for these mini modules... and to be honest, if they can handle 1Ball Per Second.. there's no reason why you couldn't incorporate them into a regular GBC layout, 

You'd just need an 'adapter' module at each end, of a chain of MiniLoopGBC, to convert back to regular standard

That said.. a lot of Josh David Miniloops are far slower than 1BPS

I don't really see them as being things you would show at events. They are just too small.

I have seen one video where someone has linked up 4 of them I think into a square loop.

I like the idea of branching off to a mini-loop, but I don't really see these things as being for events. Just something attainable for those not wanting to spend too much on GBC. Not many bits needed, not many balls needed.

As for events, standards are absolutely essential and I like designs which have the ability to handle large quantities of balls, have overflow systems etc. Those standards make people think carefully about how their machine will operate under those conditions.

Not sure if MindStork posts here, not that I could tell.

Although not as smooth as I would like, this is quite a unique design:

1 hour ago, Ankoku said:

Not sure if MindStork posts here, not that I could tell.

Although not as smooth as I would like, this is quite a unique design:

I like it, it has possibilities for a train GBC.
 Not having much progress with my current attempt to build a version of the Akiyuki Crane Train module for use with Type 2 trains and would use a crank lever system to lift ball hopper of the train, swing it over to load and back again onto the train.

Edited by Doug72

1 hour ago, Ankoku said:

A distraction project could be the perfect solution!

Agree, my work area is a mess at the moment with discarded parts and needs a good tidy up.
The crank system he uses has about the same angular movement that I require, so I will build a test rig to see if it would work for my project.

Edited by Doug72

I will add the book to my Christmas list! :)

In a previous video post, someone mentioned they liked the mechanism of one of the machines in it.

Seems we now have a video of the machine in question.

It seems that AWS re:Invent (2018 in Vegas) had some LEGO GBC action:

Seems like they were big on basic bricks and Technic bricks. I get the feeling that they wanted everything to be new, rather than copying identically existing stuff. The only exception being the Akiyuki ZigZag which is very noticeable.

The spiral lifts are interesting.

He has done his mini-circuit:

I quite like the wheel design. Amazed I hadn't thought about something like that myself, since I have a bunch of that piece.

11 hours ago, Ankoku said:

Kinda cool, GBC at Brickfest 2006.

Nice. Some old favourites in there. Surprisingly large layout, given that the concept was only a couple of years old at that point.