You have 4 positions for the axle to put in the universal joint. So you can create 4 fases to spread the load as evenly as possible.

Even with 2 positions you are balancing out, because the piston going down is already helping the motor a little bit with gravity and it doesn't have to be pushed upwards...

When I used your step module.. it's still geared inside.. so even more than 4 phases!

I dislike seeing a motor in a GBC straining harder than it should!

8 hours ago, RohanBeckett said:

I dislike seeing a motor in a GBC straining harder than it should!

Be nice to the PF motors!  They won't be around much longer.  :(

I was nice to my 4.5v motors.. and they are still running... 30+ years later ;)

really need to make a 'vintage' style GBC, using all 80's parts/motors!

Although the movement is a bit jarring, I like the concept. The idea that a side bar becomes the base, runner bar is rather good. I like it.

Found this last week, but sat on it, just in case the creator was going to post it.

In a way, I am not that bothered by the GBC aspect of it, but it is one of the best implementations I have seen of that style of 3rd party LEGO coaster track.

I really enjoy watching the coasters go along the track and the chain lifts works well. I like how it has 2 coasters on the go as well.

The way it tips out the balls is really nice.

The wheel that stops the balls falling out at the top of the main drop is a bit slow for my liking, but I am guessing much needed.

Anyway, it is a great piece of work. Certainly something new and different, which I always appreciate.

Edited by Ankoku

I've finished uploading 4 videos featuring all sorts of GBC from BrickCon 2018 that was held in Seattle, WA last weekend.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of the modules.

really like the last video... sometimes it's nice to just concentrate on an individual module, to see how it flows...   there's a few interesting ideas in there that I'd like to try out one day! :)

Glad you posted your original testing video to YouTube, would be gutted to only see the few fleeting seconds of it at the event. It is a great machine!

I rather like the mechanism used in this machine to load the balls in 1 by 1.

Just noticed in @Maico's video of @shadow_elenter's GBCoaster, the wheel which slows down the coaster at the top of the drop has been changed over to 2 wheels. Seems to work a lot faster, smoother, better.

I'm hosting a small GBC building challenge over at my website / discord server if anyone here would like to participate.  There is a prize for the module that I think is the best.  Details can be found on my homepage linked in my sig.

Hope to see some of you there.

- Matt

I have to admit, that I quite like the mechanism behind this.

That said, the gear on the right, which doesn't have an axle at the start, messes with my OCD.

My only concern is the jammed ball you see pop into the air at the start.

Just notice that at about the 1:32 mark, the coaster really flings a ball out at the audience. :)

On 10/22/2018 at 7:43 AM, Ankoku said:

Just noticed in @Maico's video of @shadow_elenter's GBCoaster, the wheel which slows down the coaster at the top of the drop has been changed over to 2 wheels. Seems to work a lot faster, smoother, better.

This video is indeed my video but the GBCoaster is NOT from @shadow_elenter. This one is build by NXTChris...

Doh, yeah, my bad. I knew that, his name spins at the top of the thing, but I seemed to just blank it out. I even checked to see if he was on here before posting the original vid.

Does Josh DaVid post here?

This I think is one of his best models to date.

I love how many movements serve more than one purpose.